your all time favorite jeans (that you have owned)

tangerine

1) I've never had a 'perfect' pair of jeans, although I HAVE had other 'perfect' articles of clothing. I guess I'm still searching.

2) 5EP straight cut is winning for me. Fit is good, but the fabric is really great. Thick but comfortable denim, and deep indigo dye w/ green cast.

sorta makes you want to keep on going after the 6 month wash, huh?

i dont get why you would stop wearing them after the first wash anyways... im thining thats what im gonna go for with my canes. no project jeans for another 2 years. i have 2 now, and i think thats enough.

sorta makes you want to keep on going after the 6 month wash, huh?

I personally hugely prefer the "utterly worn into the ground look" that you get after 2+ years (ie, those Sorahikos) to the "6-month-highly-whiskered" look. There's just so much more character when the front thighs of a pair of jeans are nearly entirely ecru-colored.

of course, the former takes a hell of a lot more time :)

Guest Fade to Black
I personally hugely prefer the "utterly worn into the ground look" that you get after 2+ years (ie, those Sorahikos) to the "6-month-highly-whiskered" look. There's just so much more character when the front thighs of a pair of jeans are nearly entirely ecru-colored.

of course, the former takes a hell of a lot more time :)

agreed, word for word.

my sorahikos are into the 1.5 month stage and after wearing them for the whole day today they're already starting to sag a bit...damn these didn't stretch much at first but looks like i'm gonna have to start packin a belt now. This is gonna take some serious dedication and persistence on my part if i'm gonna make it to six months (which is the goal I originally set for myself, i wanna stick to it).

Which is why, i think these are gonna be my one and only 'project' jeans...i feel like if i can wear these jeans to the ground in a few years, then they'll be my 'signature' jeans, but the effort and frustration in the process is just too much to repeat. The endless scrutiny and OCD looking for wear is giving me hell, to be very honest.

Which is why, i think these are gonna be my one and only 'project' jeans...i feel like if i can wear these jeans to the ground in a few years, then they'll be my 'signature' jeans, but the effort and frustration in the process is just too much to repeat. The endless scrutiny and OCD looking for wear is giving me hell, to be very honest.

Funny, I was thinking something similar. I had a pair of one-wash 505's like 8 years ago, before I had any notions of trying to have specific wear marks on my jeans. They ended up beat to hell, with all sorts of great wear. Ignorance was bliss! Now I have 5-6 pairs of jeans that I'm trying to do this to, and it's taking forever, I'm too aware of the days.

Guest Fade to Black
Funny, I was thinking something similar. I had a pair of one-wash 505's like 8 years ago, before I had any notions of trying to have specific wear marks on my jeans. They ended up beat to hell, with all sorts of great wear. Ignorance was bliss! Now I have 5-6 pairs of jeans that I'm trying to do this to, and it's taking forever, I'm too aware of the days.

Exactly, it's that awareness that builds self consciousness about the jeans, until it gets to a point where you become owned by the jeans rather than the other way around. I think style should not be like that at all, but alas with any other obsessive hobby such mentality can't be avoided.

I also find it funny how there's a contradiction: wearing the same jeans every day should be the laziest, least thought provoking process ever...i mean c'mon, you just put it on day in day out and don't have to think about which pants to wear. Yet once i have been enlightened by this board, i actually think more about the jeans when i have to wear them every day than when i'd just wear it any time i felt like it.

thanks for all the comments on my rby45 sorahikos. I bought those in October 2003 and I think I've washed them maybe 6 times. a lot of the honeycomb behind the knee that I had at maybe the one year mark kind of faded out a lot. the denim is just now starting to go - I put those patches on about two weeks ago. my only critique of rby45 is that I wish that had a more traditional looking selvage. I'll post my collection when I get a chance - my second favorite are a pair of pherrow's stormy blues that I got in harajuku, the kind with flannel pocket lining. the flannel has long since rotted away, but the jeans look amazing. and I'm breaking in a pair of rrl's that I washed for the first time last weekend.