your all time favorite jeans (that you have owned)

tangerine

What are your favorite jeans, in two parts:

1. All-time favorite, of all the jeans you have ever owned

2. Of all the jeans you own now

no fantasy jeans! only jeans you own and have worn.

1. My first pair of Levis 501s. I wore those until they literally disintegrated. I have had many pairs since but that first pair was magic.

2. Studio D'Artisan DP-292. These are magic. Somehow everything about them is perfect. I don't understand it. I have much "fancier" jeans but these are the ones I like best.

Levis silvertab low and staright. Wore them all the way through highschool. Patched them up several times, and then finally spray painted an indian design on the side and still rocked em. Will never throw them out, but I don't wear them anymore. Once I break them in, I think my svens are going to be my favs, I love the cut.

My favorite pair was a pair of Rustlers I bought in highschool as a backlash against the designer jeans that were popular. Bought them at Farm & Fleet for $9.98. I wore them off and on for 5 years until the crotch ripped out of them. I loved those jeans.

Right now it's my STF's. Not only because they're my only jeans but they prompted me to get rid of the few other pairs I had. They're not a great pair of jeans but the fit on my body is perfect. When it's all said and done, fit rules the day.

1) 80's orange tab 517s that i got from a girlfriend (who got them from her ex boyfriend...). i have no idea what happened to them -- they literally just disappeared one day a few years ago. so sad.

2) somet basic straight jean in black selvage (soon to be accompanied by an indigo pair of the same...).

Diesel Kratt 731, unwashed selvedge. The first ones into the UK, they faded beautifully and the cut was perfect. Sadly they vanished after a couple of years.

Edit - didn't answer #2. Either one of my pairs of 1920s 201s, or the Samurai 526VXs.

an early pair of Diesel Kratt 737 wash (somewhere around 1999 or 2000). Great fit, great wash. Wore those things into the ground. Funny thing is, I would never even think about buying a pair of Diesel jeans now. If I saw another pair of these, I'd have to pick them up though.

Thanks DDML.....I actually had an account here from the old Supertalk but havent been able to log into it for months so i finally got off my ass and made a new profile.

It sure has a different flavor these days, for the better. I remember it being kinda lame when there were all the flamewars and NTers cluttering the board. Cheers to Minya and the Mods for bringing the cool back to ST

1. i had these harley davidson jeans 3 years ago that were durable & very soft. me & my brother finally wore them down after about 5 years. they were abused. i should've patched them up & keep as remembrance.

2. im enjoying the slubbiness of the pbjxx004

I'm gonna have to say all around my RRDS. I like the canes, Jean Shops, LVCs, but for quality, comfort and style, It has got to be the RRDS. I haven't worn the Samurai's yet so I can't comment on those.

yes, over the jomons. the sorahikos faded perfectly. maybe after another year i'll feel differently about the jomons (especially after seeing how those faded umiis looked that xcoldricex posted. i'll be getting those soon...very soon i hope) but for right now the sorahikos are leading the pack with the jomons in 2nd.

over the jomons???]

The quality nor the denim are nothing to scream about, but I like the 19cm Dior cut, it's got a lot more attitude than any other jean I've put on for being a relatively subdued style, the fit feels cool to wear and keeps me happy.

I had a pair of raw Paul Smith from Japan that I liked as well awhile back, lightweight denim, lots of vertical streakiness after washing, very tapered Japanese style cut.

I honestly gotta say that my G-Star Dexter Pants "raw" were my favorite cut.

They were cheap, a perfect cut, and just something nice and simple. Too bad I tried to make them a pair of project pants, and got sick of em, and sanded away like a dumbass...

Ohh well, my search continues for another pair ( sz36;) )

1. I had a pair of orange tab levis in the 80's, they had been owned by 3 of my friends before me by the time i got them they had been bleached unsucessfully dyed red, then unsucessfully dyed black so they were a crazy greyish pink colour they had been hemmed and had zips put in...i wore holes and patched them with tartan and leather...

shit that sounds like sisterhood of the travelling pants

2. toay i am fond of my new skull 5010XX but next week i go to take5 in hk so we see after that

Guest Fade to Black

My favorite jeans now and ever are my Dior Homme S/S 05 21 cm orange overdye jeans...I don't know what it is about them, they are a pretty nondescript distressed jean that could be found anywhere, but something about this pair is just pitch perfect in every aspect from the cut to the details.

after having gone through most of Nudie's models, Levis repros, Lee repros etc, my pick for fave denim is Nudie Thin Finn.

YES!! get smart!

jason its good to see you on here!

all time favorite jeans ive owned. in no particular order.

1. 501xx redlines that i wore all through high school and my first year of art school. faded, torn and covered with paint. i still dont know what happened to these. i have had tons of 501s over the years but these were my favorites.

2. banana republic "western bootcut" i got these about 5 years ago as a gift. skin tight, button fly with a very subtle bootcut and 1% stretch but very thick denim. remind me of new standards. wore them every day for years. patched and repaired and repatched again. have never seen anything like these at BR before or since. now i only wear these occasionally as they are completely destroyed.

3. stussy "superfly" grey cords. i know these are not jeans but they were cut like a 5 pocket buttonfly jean. i loved these pants. loose fit. i wore these to class during my first year in college as well. they are now long gone as i wore them completely into the ground.

4.levis 517 orange tabs. ive had quite a few pairs of these over the years but one pair in particular stands out. it seems to have a slightly lower rise and better fit than the others and the denin has faded to the perfect greyish and deep blue color. and i just love the way the way the 0217 denim fades as well as the way the orange tab stands out against the blue.

5. levis 501s. another pair of levis. these were super dark, very tight and i had them taken in to taper at the bottom to look tuff over my oxblood steeltoes. wore them for about a year until they too disappeared.

6.diesel rabox 80m. basically a one wash/raw greycast denim with some kind of resin treatment. these were thick and stiff as fuck and took forever to break in but i got a terrific fade from them and only recently did the denim fail.(i got a small hole in the crotch while skating) i still wear them once in a while but the 9 inch leg opening seems huge to me now.

7.julian red hoboken nikki sixx. most unique cut (super skinny with an anti fit ass) and by far the coolest color denim ever. ive worn these almost every day since xmas and they have started developing a few holes which i will repair in a bit. definately the coolest jeans i've ever owned.

8. levis 501xx. this pair i bought off ebay and was lucky enough to fit me perfectly. very cool fade but since they are post redlines i dont feel bad wearing them lots.

those are the ones that stand out but if wanted to i could go on and on. ive owned lots and lots of jeans in my 30 years.