Saint Laurent mens S/S 13

bill

just wanted to chime in as I went into my appointment to SLP on Rodeo.

The collection is not out for display yet. I had a walk in appointment and the SA was very skittish about showing me anything. Numerous times he would ask me my purpose for viewing the collection (to the point of almost blatantly asking if I was a spy). Numerous times he asked if I was planning on buying anything, even before viewing. Not a very good look.

He asked what I was interested in and I said sneakers and jeans but would not pull anything out unless I was very specific in what I wanted which I thought was a shame.

Anyway, onto the products. The sneakers are pretty nice. Leather is great, and the stitching, detailing and panelling is fantastic, especially on the high tops. fit is great as well, although not any more comfortable than a pair of common projects. In fact I'd say MMM and Balenciaga are more comfy and probably more interesting in materials used. I like the sneakers as they are minimal and the gold really pops out at you but I'm not sure if they are worth the $5-600 to be honest. The collector in me really wants them for the SL001 though but that is just a gimmick. The box that the sneakers are in though is really quite stunning.

The SA pulled out one pair of slim black raw denim that were paper thin, but extremely comfortable. they had a certain sheen (not wax) that was unlike anything i've seen. I had on a pair of 19cm diors and the new SLP jeans were not as long, maybe by one inch. not a big deal, in fact, probably better. as the length was perfect for me. The jeans were surprisingly comfortable and perfectly fitted without being too tight or loose. the top thigh area is perfect.. the jeans almost feel as if they mold to your body. When I took them off the stack imprints were unbelievable, im guessing due to the lightweight nature of the denim (made in japan btw). denim details were great as well. nice leather tag and a silver chain that indicates its for men (women get gold).

To be honest, I want them both, although the price is hard to justify, but i'm a sucker for clever packaging. I probably won't buy them from the boutique though after my insulting experience.

Also, I noticed that nearly everyone will be getting the collection: Barneys, Maxfield, Saks, LVR, SSense, Porter Etc. which sort of ruins it for me as the price is so high and the way the boutiques are running the exclusivity makes me weary of falling into the hype trap. I also saw a dude riding a bike on rodeo with high top white SLP's and black waxed tight jeans/leggings with a leather kilt which sort of made me realize this collection is going to be all over the place in any minute.

Edited by exterminatingphantom

i've tried on most of the collection and thought i would do a summary of the sizing. the suits fit true to size and arent particularly slim. the dinner jackets do tend to run smaller in the shoulders, but they are still a bit boxy and slim as opposed to skinny. the difference in jacket and sleeve length between sizes is pretty negligible. the jeans fit true to size but are nothing special. the zip fly also doesnt seem very sturdy so you are better off saving your money. the shirts are true to size but fit boxy. the shoes are also true. however, i did notice that the care labels and reference numbers are the exact same ones used for balenciaga. overall i am pretty underwhelmed because the only items that fit perfect are from the womens section.

Edited by Astérix

i've tried on most of the collection and thought i would do a summary of the sizing. the suits fit true to size and arent particularly slim. the dinner jackets do tend to run smaller in the shoulders, but they are still a bit boxy and slim as opposed to skinny. the difference in jacket and sleeve length between sizes is pretty negligible. the jeans fit true to size but are nothing special. the zip fly also doesnt seem very sturdy so you are better off saving your money. the shirts are true to size but fit boxy. the shoes are also true. however, i did notice that the care labels and reference numbers are the exact same ones used for balenciaga. overall i am pretty underwhelmed because the only items that fit perfect are from the womens section.

yeah pretty much this. however, you are probably smaller than most guys here... i assume you are a true 42/44?

most people on the bigger size of sizing (48+ sizing) are going to potentially have issues with armholes, sleeves, and thigh openings...

although slim 'boxy' is a good description, it's still cut ideally for thin guys

i had the opportunity to try on a most of the collection as well, shoes, accessories etc.

i'm somewhere between a 44/46 and a lot of the sz 46 items (jackets) and sz 37/38 shirts fit me very well actually

the slim boxiness is true to the neo teddy boy style hedi was shooting for, and i like it.

for the jeans, the only ones that i liked were the stretch skinnies. sizing is pretty accurate i think. i usually like wearing my jeans a lil slouched anyway, so i'm the same size as i usually am in acne slim jeans (31). the raw straight leg ones were too close to basically what apc jeans are anyway, and i'm not going to go through the pain of sizing down for raw jeans. yeah the denim is nice, made in japan etc. but i'll probably wait on these.

the leathers are very nice, but on the slim side. if you have big/long arms, i think sizing up would be recommended here

not all the accessories and jewelry are out yet... but we should expect to see more of the "chain" motif in effect... solid silver chain clasps, the chain moto wallet, chain belt, etc. arguably, one could argue that the chain shit is borderline "balmain trashy" but i think there's potential for it to be done right. teddy boy style.

Looking at those ads on first page kinda brings me back to memory lane actually.

Those are Hedi's style of models and photography, but with his 5 years of hiatus, Topman, Zara etc have been doing that style, photos etc to the point that it feels like Hedi's copying them right now lol.

The only thing that I think I'm gonna be buying (depending on the fit) is this:

http://www.ysl.com/en_US/shop-products/Men/Ready-To-Wear/Pants-Denim/original-low-waisted-slim-jean-in-blue-stone-washed-denim_805155611.html#!{"products":{"315392YUO68":{"size":"32","color":"4140"}}}

anybody tried it in store yet? could use some inputs

Edited by ken shinoda

Tried a leather sleeve bomber type jacket. I'm usually a 46 and the size 50 was my preferred size, it in no way looked loose however a 48 probably would have looked the way it was intended to fit. Of the few pieces I got to see I thought all of it looked better on my fiance, including the low tops. Nothing bad, nothing exciting. Quality was obviously good but nothing lured the money from my wallet.

No, Harrolds stocks it. It dropped in the last day or two. Fairly small selection, not sure if there is more on the way. I'd probably like it more if the body length wasn't so shrunken on everything. The l/s and sleeveless sweats were borderline mid-rift on me and I'm only 6ft.

Edited by homme.homme

i've started already. the nyc store said they will have the most extensive buy compared to other stores in the us. stock is extremely limited in the show pieces, like 1 or 2 of each.

for the lolz: http://instagram.com/p/T1ULhbTC07/

Edited by darkanimal

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for the "western Shirt in stone washed indigo denim in size S or whatever translate to a size 38. If anyone could help me proxy, drop me a PM. I tried searching it via ysl.com and it says that its sold out in US, and only available in UK and France atm.

Btw, anybody know hows the fit on the shirt? do they fit smaller than past dior homme stuff?