Saint Laurent mens S/S 13

bill

you'd be better off spending hundreds on lad musician (echoes a lot of the slim/cropped formal shit, minimal leathers and outerwear) than thousands on a handful of pieces from this collection~

i'm a lad whore and have a fair amount of lad pieces but while i can agree with you that the general broad stroke aesthetic might be similar, i can't say that lad quality is even comparable to SLP.

the devil's in the details and imo this collection is killing it, albeit in a really eloquent and understated way. if you compare it to most of the collections being pushed out today by progressive designers (think christophe lemaire, siki im, facetasm, etc.. which i all love btw), then you can even argue that hedi's approach is contrarian relative to current trends. being fashion forward doesn't necessarily mean having to be completely radical in expression -- this is avant-garde in its own right.

Edited by deafmetal

I can't judge the quality of the garments, but there is absolutely nothing avant-garde about this collection. It looks like a fancy version of April 77, which is sad considering these brands were the ones that ripped off him during his Dior Homme days. Retro doesn't even cut it anymore, when you're being this literal about the 50s/60s influences while still being stuck in 2005. And how gold sequined jackets are eloquent and understated must be lost on me.

Judging from his recent behavior in public it wouldn't surprise me if he actually thinks that the fashion world has been waiting for him to pick up where he left off. I never liked Hedi's Dior Homme that much anyway, but I think Kris van Assche's recent collections for the house shit on this big time.

sufu's sensibility gravitates to grungy, destroyed, even maximalist at times. these clothes are probably look too clean.

mmm not to peg the board into a category but yes as late that is the most common perception...

honestly i think the rebranding is a good look,and i mean the ready to wear 'rive gauche' line in the 1960s was called "saint laurent" also,,,

nice nod to the past imo

9bPg4.gif

just everything is slick as hell.

KTpG3.jpg

does anyone know when this collection comes out in stores?

store on rodeo is open by appointment only and only has a select number of items, rest is due by the end of the month

probably how this water bottle picture showed up on the web

rnxw2.png

by the way the men's clothes look slick as hell in person

in a strange but true encounter, i met hedi at some dance club in LA sometime a couple of months ago and he was wearing some of the new gear: biker jacket, black shirt, black slim trousers, black chelsea boots...

i couldn't help but stare at how perfect the clothes fit on him, and well i walked over, and said hello

I was at Maxfield in LA the other day. They have a few items from the new collection, getting more soon. Off te top of my head, a few patterned shirts (like the white one with black squares), blazers (blue dinner jacket with black lapels), and white low top sneakers (and getting black high tops soon).

Tried on the blue jacket in 44. Similar fit to Dior, but the length of the blazer seemed shorter than the drop 10 Dior 44 I've tried (in that it actually fit me, and I'm no Hedi model).

Tried on the blue jacket in 44. Similar fit to Dior, but the length of the blazer seemed shorter than the drop 10 Dior 44 I've tried (in that it actually fit me, and I'm no Hedi model).

curious about the sizing, since every sales associate i spoke to on the phone seemed to say that the collection ran super-small, and suggested sizing up potentially. not sure if it makes sense for me to size up to a 48, though i'm usually a 44/46

what's your approx. height/weight?

curious about the sizing, since every sales associate i spoke to on the phone seemed to say that the collection ran super-small, and suggested sizing up potentially. not sure if it makes sense for me to size up to a 48, though i'm usually a 44/46

what's your approx. height/weight?

Leather jacket and blazers run pretty small, would size up one there. but the suits and jeans fit normal. i am a size 48 and the suit fits like a glove. it is very slender but has shoulder room, which normally is my problem. im 190cm and 72kgs.

saintlaurent.jpg

I'm 5'5, 125lbs, and a true 44 in the shoulders I think. The jacket I tried was this one:

http://www.ysl.com/en_US/shop-products/Men/Ready-To-Wear/Jacket-Tuxedo/classic-single-breasted-jacket-in-blue-black-jacquard-faux-uni_805159537.html#!{"products":{"313760YUR03":{"size":"54","color":"1093"}}}

There wasn't any denim at Maxfield yet.

Edited by anno

On second thought, I didn't even check the size — it fit so well I figured it must be 44. Not sure what the sleeve length was exactly, but it came down about an inch past my wrists.

i was at the paris st.honoré store today (new flagship on rive gauche is still under construction) and well it essentially feels like Dior Homme only black everything, they still haven't got much in yet but tried on 2 stunning jackets i hadn't seen in any ads/store online: a black cotton/leather varsity and another black leather/cotton barracuta G4 / rider jacket hybrid... incredible quality and details (the inside alone is some kind of heavy textured satin) sadly though they were both cut extremely short looking abnormal on my yet regular torso... fitting must of gone wrong or something.. on the other hand a size 46 mac trench fit huge although perhaps it was intended to be oversize.. but i have a sneaky suspicion sizing is a bit all over the place. except indeed for denim which runs true, although no clue if the raw selvedge models will shrink (forget about asking YSL sales reps if the denim is sanforized they had enough trouble understanding selvedge and getting right the 3 cuts i'd requested) one pair of denim though was absolutely stunning, grey black raw slims that felt like they were 24oz (no kidding) with again hidden details like selvedge line in the interior.. i was actually told by the oldest SA there (a lady in her 60s) that this model is inspired by hedi's first denim pair ever at YSL way back in the late 90s! probably some ol crock BS but nonetheless interesting imo:

14lf9t.jpg

Maxfield's had a 44? Wow.

What was the sleeve length like?

Ha, I am guessing maxfield really wanted this collection badly so they had to acquiesce to YSL's requirement that they carry the full size run. Shopping in LA for smaller sizes is a fucking pain. Places like fred segal and maxfields rarely even carry size small.

Edited by marquischacha

Ha, I am guessing maxfield really wanted this collection badly so they had to acquiesce to YSL's requirement that they carry the full size run. Shopping in LA for smaller sizes is a fucking pain. Places like fred segal and maxfields rarely even carry size small.

there is no such requirement. none of the saint laurent boutiques in the US ordered 44s. even the paris store is not expecting any. it seems like their buying structure is all messed up due to issues with production. none of the stores have a clear idea of what they are receiving. also the selection of pieces available to US buyers is pretty marginal in comparison to what EU buyers have access to. there will probably be mostly jeans and tees, unfortunately.

Edited by Astérix

i was at the paris st.honoré store today (new flagship on rive gauche is still under construction) and well it essentially feels like Dior Homme only black everything, they still haven't got much in yet but tried on 2 stunning jackets i hadn't seen in any ads/store online: a black cotton/leather varsity and another black leather/cotton barracuta G4 / rider jacket hybrid... incredible quality and details (the inside alone is some kind of heavy textured satin) sadly though they were both cut extremely short looking abnormal on my yet regular torso... fitting must of gone wrong or something.. on the other hand a size 46 mac trench fit huge although perhaps it was intended to be oversize.. but i have a sneaky suspicion sizing is a bit all over the place. except indeed for denim which runs true, although no clue if the raw selvedge models will shrink (forget about asking YSL sales reps if the denim is sanforized they had enough trouble understanding selvedge and getting right the 3 cuts i'd requested) one pair of denim though was absolutely stunning, grey black raw slims that felt like they were 24oz (no kidding) with again hidden details like selvedge line in the interior.. i was actually told by the oldest SA there (a lady in her 60s) that this model is inspired by hedi's first denim pair ever at YSL way back in the late 90s! probably some ol crock BS but nonetheless interesting imo:

what were the differences between the 3 cuts?

Yeah for realz, it's pretty unbelievable...

The only store I really frequent anymore is the Barney's flagship. But even then, most of my major purchases are orders from the Madison store. I just make the trip out there because I really like the SAs... they always treated me like their younger brother when I hung out there, and I killed a lot of time there between classes and gigs while I was still in school.

So what's this I hear about the Saint Laurent store on Rodeo being appointment only?

I can't judge the quality of the garments, but there is absolutely nothing avant-garde about this collection. It looks like a fancy version of April 77, which is sad considering these brands were the ones that ripped off him during his Dior Homme days. Retro doesn't even cut it anymore, when you're being this literal about the 50s/60s influences while still being stuck in 2005. And how gold sequined jackets are eloquent and understated must be lost on me.

Judging from his recent behavior in public it wouldn't surprise me if he actually thinks that the fashion world has been waiting for him to pick up where he left off. I never liked Hedi's Dior Homme that much anyway, but I think Kris van Assche's recent collections for the house shit on this big time.

Agree completely. Saint Laurent collection is overpriced April 77. Do not like at all. And largely will be irrelevant in terms of influence in the fashion world if you ask me.

Bumping this for a denim question... Does anyone have info on the sizing compared to DH? Normally a 27 in DH but I've heard this collection runs small so a 28 might work. Also has the inseam question been addressed? Just wondering if it will be the ridiculous 37" inseam again.

Any word on online stockists for spring 13? Luisviaroma and Ssense both have stuff up, anywhere else?