MAGIC/POOL tradeshows

Kofi

Well i already made another post about Magic, that the standard uniform was Evisu and Bapestas.

We were at Magic - in the streetwear/urban arena - for the week and these were the highlights:

1) Russ/Ssur's A Rebel Ape line is the next big thing. And so is J. Money.

2) Rick Klotz is baaaack after a 2-year hiatus. Start pickin up Fresh Jive shares immediately.

3) There is no ceiling to LRG's growth. Unstoppable.

4) Johnny Cupcakes was walking around Pool in a chef costume, handing out cupcakes.

5) They brought Project to Vegas also..!

thehundreds is huge.

www.thehundreds.com

Edited by bobbyhundreds on Feb 21, 2005 at 10:33 PM

so bobby obviously you have your own line. how many times have you set up at magic? big ups to you on doing your thing and making it there. i always wanted to ask someone personally, the money invested to go, does it pay off for you in the end? i like to see people doing their thing, that is awesome

Kofi -- no worries

hifashion -- we've only done Magic twice. I can only speak for ourselves, but it definitely pays off for us.

dutchxoven -- we've been doin online sales ever since we started..! (www.thehundreds.com). in terms of basic t-shirts like we make, check out Mighty Healthy (www.mightyhealthynyc.com), Mishka (www.mishkanyc.com), and you can now buy 5/Dime Distribution shirts off Digital Gravel (Crooks & Castles, Rinse & Repeat, etc.). And of course all the NY fellas - aNYthing, J.Money, etc. (but I don't know where to buy that stuff online).. oh yeah, check out stussydirect.com and pick up all that Customade and limited edition stuff...good luck!

thehundreds is huge.

www.thehundreds.com

Which of the shows are better for small lines? MAGIC , POOL, PROJECT?

Do you get as many buyers actually buying at the shows or is it just a big promotions party for clothing lines?

Most of the info about the shows come from the show producers and though they say there are all these buyers from all over the world I'm not sure whether it's hype or truth.

Making Africa Pop!!!

For small lines.. I'd say either Pool or the High 5 Campground in MAGIC.

We've never done Pool, so I can't speak for it, but we do Magic's High-5 because its only limited to 30-40 streetwear brands, as opposed to the swapmeet at Pool.

Yes. most of the industry's buyers do show up!

and the next Smoke/Mirrors collabo is between my fist and the Crook's face. yooooooooo. haha

thehundreds is huge.

www.thehundreds.com

Edited by bobbyhundreds on Feb 22, 2005 at 01:06 PM

we were at pool last fall and magic this year. both did well for us.... but i definitely like the MAGIC campground better. we got more foot traffic, there was generally a better buzz in the area, and MAGIC has a lot more financial backing to push and market the show. we also got dope placement - the campground was dead center in the streetwear section, right next to triple 5 soul and zoo york. they didnt shove us in a corner or something. when we were at pool our first season, we got put way in the back (along with other dope lines like 614). it kinda sucked because it was so spread out and buyers probably got tired of walking all over - the campground is more compact and things are spaced out well but not too far apart. in terms of sales, we did well at both shows - but we'll definitely be back at MAGIC this fall.

and bobby is right... LRG was bananas this year. threw a party with raekwon and just blaze... built a crazy log cabin for their booth... brought an entourage of like 50 guys to man their log cabin.

3sixteen fabrications // new york city.

http://www.3sixteen.com

thas wassup