You know you're addicted...

Chicken

Guest Electrorock

Its funny how 99.9999% of the population don't give 2 Shitz about our jeans....

This is obviously an expensive addiction.

occupy superfuture.

When you're standing and stick your face down to look at your crotch to see how close you are to a blowout and then look back up to find strangers staring at you...

Then you stare back because THEY are the weirdos. <_<

When the paramedic brings out the clothes cutting scissors and you scream "No!!! Let me die!!!"

(didn't actually happen :))

When the paramedic brings out the clothes cutting scissors and you scream "No!!! Let me die!!!"

(didn't actually happen :))

oh god!! I almost did that for some gangbanger punk that came into the emergency room where i used to work years ago. he came in all shot up on a stretcher and the first thing I noticed was that the blue color in his jeans was rather rich and that it was raw. That got my attention. then i noticed the selvage cuff. that really got my attention. my heart screamed inside when i saw them whip out their scissors and slit these jeans right up both legs. Then i saw the back pocket in the pile of shreds on the floor -- evisus. sigh...

oh god!! I almost did that for some gangbanger punk that came into the emergency room where i used to work years ago. he came in all shot up on a stretcher and the first thing I noticed was that the blue color in his jeans was rather rich and that it was raw. That got my attention. then i noticed the selvage cuff. that really got my attention. my heart screamed inside when i saw them whip out their scissors and slit these jeans right up both legs. Then i saw the back pocket in the pile of shreds on the floor -- evisus. sigh...

patch those up and keep on wearing em... just another story to tell when explaining their history!

when you check for a package 15 times in one day, and go to the mailbox to see if they squeezed it in there.

When you climb on your roof. To distress knees and ass.

How freakin sweet would it be to have stitch marks all the way up both legs and when people ask why you say "head on collision at 80mph".

LOL

. . . when you try talking to a middle-aged woman about her pants, and get mercilessly shot down.

So I work at a supermarket, and to keep myself entertained, I sometimes try to work out if anybody is wearing good denim - I see a lot of washed nudies and some crazy evisu, but the area I work in doesn't seem to be a major denim centre.

But, there's this customer that's now sort of a regular, and a while back I noticed she was wearing a pair of lvc's. Not sure on the cut, but she had a massive turned up cuff, showing off the selvedge. Rad, I thought to myself. If she ever comes to my register, I'll strike up a conversation. She reminded me a lot of shubharamani. Now, since I've been on here a while and since I've been into denim for a while, I've noticed that even the og heads are usually pretty accessible, even to the newcomers like myself - I mean, Kiya and AJ reply to nearly everything, etc. Same goes for the ladies, in a way. Like Beatle's sig says, it's not about me, it's about the denim. So I've kinda assumed the whole denim community is egalitarian. Doesn't matter if you're a cashstrapped kid like me who saved for their first pair of Sams, or an expert who rolls around in indigo, if you're a man or a woman, and age doesn't seem to play a huge part either.

She comes up to my register today, and I'm expecting denim talk. Like, I'm ready to ask her about the lawsuit and other repros, about her other pairs, ready to nerd out. I'm still in the sufu/superdenim mindset, as stated above. It don't matter if you're pushing 40 and I'm 20, it's about the jeans. I'm keen, it's been a boring night, denim talk will be great.

Here's how it went down:

Me: "Hey, I noticed your lvc's!"

Her: "Sorry?"

Me: "Your jeans?"

Her: "Oh. What about them?"

I kinda blanked out here. Like, what the fuck am I doing.

Me: "They're . . .good. Like, the selvedge and all, I don't see too many people wearing them . . "

Her: "Oh."

She had zero idea what I was talking about. Shit.

Me: "Yeah, denim is kinda . . . like one of my hobbies . . "

At this moment, she's looking at me like I'm from outer space. I'm a kid, asking a grown-ass lady about her goddamn pants. It got even worse from there, but I'll spare the details.

Cripplingly awkward. I'm home now, ready to clutch my jeans and rock myself to sleep. What have you done to me, sufu!?

. . . when you try talking to a middle-aged woman about her pants, and get mercilessly shot down.

So I work at a supermarket, and to keep myself entertained, I sometimes try to work out if anybody is wearing good denim - I see a lot of washed nudies and some crazy evisu, but the area I work in doesn't seem to be a major denim centre.

But, there's this customer that's now sort of a regular, and a while back I noticed she was wearing a pair of lvc's. Not sure on the cut, but she had a massive turned up cuff, showing off the selvedge. Rad, I thought to myself. If she ever comes to my register, I'll strike up a conversation. She reminded me a lot of shubharamani. Now, since I've been on here a while and since I've been into denim for a while, I've noticed that even the og heads are usually pretty accessible, even to the newcomers like myself - I mean, Kiya and AJ reply to nearly everything, etc. Same goes for the ladies, in a way. Like Beatle's sig says, it's not about me, it's about the denim. So I've kinda assumed the whole denim community is egalitarian. Doesn't matter if you're a cashstrapped kid like me who saved for their first pair of Sams, or an expert who rolls around in indigo, if you're a man or a woman, and age doesn't seem to play a huge part either.

She comes up to my register today, and I'm expecting denim talk. Like, I'm ready to ask her about the lawsuit and other repros, about her other pairs, ready to nerd out. I'm still in the sufu/superdenim mindset, as stated above. It don't matter if you're pushing 40 and I'm 20, it's about the jeans. I'm keen, it's been a boring night, denim talk will be great.

Here's how it went down:

Me: "Hey, I noticed your lvc's!"

Her: "Sorry?"

Me: "Your jeans?"

Her: "Oh. What about them?"

I kinda blanked out here. Like, what the fuck am I doing.

Me: "They're . . .good. Like, the selvedge and all, I don't see too many people wearing them . . "

Her: "Oh."

She had zero idea what I was talking about. Shit.

Me: "Yeah, denim is kinda . . . like one of my hobbies . . "

At this moment, she's looking at me like I'm from outer space. I'm a kid, asking a grown-ass lady about her goddamn pants. It got even worse from there, but I'll spare the details.

Cripplingly awkward. I'm home now, ready to clutch my jeans and rock myself to sleep. What have you done to me, sufu!?

So, your bright future as a milf hunter is not really starting out that great huh?

So, your bright future as a milf hunter is not really starting out that great huh?

Apparently not. I'm gutted. My tears are going to give my jeans a salt water soak.

vicarious... knowing you and your mannerisms/idiosyncrasies makes this even more funny/painful when i play it out in my head. poor us for living in bogan central where nobody cares about your jeans and would rather wear trackpants and oversized tapout shirts. :(

Guest Electrorock

Vicarious, its not about What you say. Its about HOW u say it and your body language.

Your whole thing was nerdy at that particular time.