You know you're addicted...

Chicken

it's always risky engaging a stranger in a conversation about their pants. i'll notice most people wearing raw denim but it will take something pretty amazing before i'll initiate a conversation, and even then it will start with "nice jeans". usually it's easy to tell who's been wearing naked and famous on weekends for two months, and who's been wearing flat head for a year. twice i've chatted to customers (i also work in retail), but on both occasions they've been keen to discuss denim.

i usually guess what denim it is; first time was lvc but they were sugar cane 1947's, which looked bangin. the second time i noticed the trademark denim and vintage fit. all i had to say was "warehouse, right?" and a nod of mutual respect was reciprocated.

spend long enough on a hobby and you can distinguish fellow hobbyists.

Edited by PeterParker

Guest Electrorock

E-V-E-R-Ybody wears jeans BUT in 99% of the cases they dont fit right or just look like shit.

Most of the people dont even Pay attention to anything besides price.

In the last couple of years I gave my brother-in-law 3 pairs of jeans that were a bit big for me

- Edwin Waynesville

- Edwin ED69 (Rainbow selvage)

- LVC 201

If someone from Sufu stopped him and started up a conversation about jeans, he would not be able to offer much back. I don't think he's even aware what selvage is.

Some people can acquire decent jeans unwittingly, so beware!

Guest Electrorock

In the last couple of years I gave my brother-in-law 3 pairs of jeans that were a bit big for me

- Edwin Waynesville

- Edwin ED69 (Rainbow selvage)

- LVC 201

If someone from Sufu stopped him and started up a conversation about jeans, he would not be able to offer much back. I don't think he's even aware what selvage is.

Some people can acquire decent jeans unwittingly, so beware!

If Pam Anderson ( or whoever is Hot) stopped him and started up a conversation about her mother in law's socks I Bet your brother in law would try to make that superinteresting conversation as long as possible.

Vicarious, its not about What you say. Its about HOW u say it and your body language.

Your whole thing was nerdy at that particular time.

I know, you're right. I took the chance on her being an enthusiast and I was wrong. No big deal, just embarrassing.

it's always risky engaging a stranger in a conversation about their pants. i'll notice most people wearing raw denim but it will take something pretty amazing before i'll initiate a conversation, and even then it will start with "nice jeans". usually it's easy to tell who's been wearing naked and famous on weekends for two months, and who's been wearing flat head for a year. twice i've chatted to customers (i also work in retail), but on both occasions they've been keen to discuss denim.

i usually guess what denim it is; first time was lvc but they were sugar cane 1947's, which looked bangin. the second time i noticed the trademark denim and vintage fit. all i had to say was "warehouse, right?" and a nod of mutual respect was reciprocated.

spend long enough on a hobby and you can distinguish fellow hobbyists.

Truth be told, I've only been 'serious' about denim for about a year. I still have much to learn. Maybe next time, I'll be the one on the other end of the conversation.

Anyway. You know you're addicted when certain numbers can only be about jeans for you - When I see 660, I think about Warehouse, when I see 710, Samurai, 811, Eternal . . . list goes on.

beautiful freak wrote this in the samurai thread:

"posted today, 11:09 am

yeah...those pics also make me want to wear my zero denim jeans...*sigh* "

You know you're addicted when you sadly wish you could wear denim...that you already own!!! (but can't because there's too many in your current rotation)

E-V-E-R-Ybody wears jeans BUT in 99% of the cases they dont fit right or just look like shit.

Most of the people dont even Pay attention to anything besides price.

It is a good thing, that you "only" need to wear Edwin or LVC to be on the safe side.

Funny how people will pay a lot more for True Religion or Seven or stuff like that, than what they would have to pay for a decent pair of Edwins.

And they still look retarded.

• 2 weeks later...

when you can hear mr. delivery man from blocks away, and can tell just based off the sound alone.. if its ups, usps, fedex, etc..

when your mind works like, "i could be putting in work in *insert pair* right now".. no matter how comfy you are in what you currently have on..

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

...when wearing raw denim has such a natural thing that you forget about how often you wore or washed your current pair. I can hardly enough remeber the month I started one pair (my tremor and liver damage is beacuase of an unrelated alcohol problem) and I am not scared of washing my jeans anymore (which improved my social status at least a little).

Edited by Max Power

If Pam Anderson ( or whoever is Hot) stopped him and started up a conversation about her mother in law's socks I Bet your brother in law would try to make that superinteresting conversation as long as possible.

Funnily enough, my sister is Pamela Anderson, but they're not getting along too well at the moment, so he probably wouldn't.

My first post here...holla to everyone :D

#when taking in denim math...about loomstate,weaving,less or more oz, and perhaps have a collection of denim underwear.