Just got back from MAGIC and...

bobbyhundreds

i notice that with most lines, they are thriving in the beginning, they get a customer hooked and then from there it is downhill on quality. but people (most people) do not realize that. people are all about names, you could show them a super high quality shirt with cool design and all and then put a bathing ape next too it and may not have the same quality and they pick a bathing ape, b/c of brainwashing. they go with the name always, unless you are a leader and will take the chance on trying something new

Japanese lines are running the high end hiphop fashion world now. You got to figure that this is "exotic" for hiphop heads and as usuall they all fall in line once a celebrity wears it. I think BAPE f'd up with opening a store in the US. Exclusivity is eveything and they lost it totally.

Making Africa Pop!!!

It's funny you mention that, I was in the Bape store last wekend and saw all types of people I never would think rock bape! People were trying on wrist bands and shit! What the fuk? one dude looked like he came straight from wall street with a suit and came downstairs with Bapestas on his feet. I miss the days shit was much harder to get, like when I use to travel to cali and pump my 98.7 Kiss FM Red Alert shit, and rock champion hoodies, and niggas was buggin' because they never heard or saw shit like that shit before! Now, its like legos, mass market of fukin hip hop gear, music, skate, urbanoutfitters, punk, all mixed into one. And if you think about it, everyone here in NY wants to stand out and shine, but they all look like fukin' clones! Its was only a matter of time that Bape and Evisu would fall into that category...What a fukin shame :(

The trend is just a way for hiphop heads to incorporate the "dressed up look" Jay-Z promoted but still loose fitting gear.

You have to figure that japanese brands mix the hiphop feel with the slight european cut which makes for a less baggy fit. Clones are clones and Jay-Z/Snoop/50 cent etc. set the standards.

Making Africa Pop!!!

Jermaine Dupri had been rockin Bapesta`s for a while same with Fat Joe, and then of course you have Pharell whos been rockin it in his videos for who knows how long, but that alone, should indicate that we shouldnt even waste our time talking about it on Superfuture anymore, just played!!!!

M. U. F. C.