shoes with diors

kobezzz

Guest Fade to Black

I got a pair of chuck taylors, black suede w/ gum sole they look great with the raw denims...$30 at Briarwood Mall in ann arbor, not a bad deal (i am surprised to learn the retail for chucks is like $60?! I thought these were supposed to be cheeeapp). When I went to DH HK 2 days ago I was pretty sure i spotted a new sneaker in the same colorway/material combo too...

Guest Fade to Black
^Is that store on Kowloon Park Dr. open now? How is the stock?

stock is good. Better than Shanghai/Tokyo/New York flagships, also much bigger space. I haven't been to the one in Paris so I can't comment on the mothership...prices are excellent, outside of tailored wear and dress shoes/boots, practically nothing was over $4000 HKD (which is the equivalent of $512 USD)...good deals on everything from german army trainers, knitwear, JEANS (the store is a DH Jeans lover haven). I was disappointed that there were so little suits, but there were a few very nice patterned charcoal suits from the current winter season.

The clientele is a bit iffy though...expected since DH is on everyone's lips right now. Expect to be rubbing shoulders with everyone from metrosexuals to stussy/bape heads to wealthy housewives decking their sons out. The vibe isn't as "DH" as the New York store, actually it's not DH at all, but who cares since it's the stock that counts, right? ;)

heh sorry i had to get a few elitist cheap shots in there. ;)

^ agree, I guess it's possible to pull off the big padded high-top look with a slim jean, but the way the skinny Diors really stack up, it'd be really hard to pull off. Lots of colors would be hard to do too. Those particular Dunk Hi's pictured just look like ass in general though, so it's hard to envision....

I'm excited about visiting the DH store in HK now, I oughta go back to HK once it cools down a bit and is more pleasant to see in the daytime. The Dior mini-store in Seoul is underwhelming and their denim selection isn't great. They're like the American eluxury site where they won't carry anything too wild, no luster denim or anything like that, and it's more based around accessories.

The HK clientele thing is nothing new to me, I live in Korea. I go to stores and have to wait to be helped because of short stocky Korean guys in their 40's and their bitchy wives trying on all the clothes at these kinds of stores when they fail to realize they just look like knobs. It is bad like this at any store that sells clothing, really, but it's particularly bad with the DH here, because you basically have to be 50 years old to afford it, and I've never seen a 50 year old Korean guy who looks anywhere cool enough to fit the profile of DH. I've seen 40-something guys buy the graphic tees at APC and its the same kind of awkward observer feeling.

Only thing I don't like is that I got a ton of stones caught in the grooves in the soles. I can't believe how soft the bottoms are...they are my best looking sneakers I have ever bought and they are my most comfortable shoes, period!