UES Denim

ShAraLeEe

A package came today.

KpT3jhD.jpg

Lots of cool stuff inside. First up, a pair of 400T. Forgot to take presoak measurements, I just went ahead and chucked them in for a hot wash (oops). They are drying now. Here's my presoak fit.

n9Ivt6c.jpg

yTCJYvD.jpg

Also got a flannel. Unfortunately, I think I got one size too big. What do you guys think?

XgIHnOL.jpg

Oh, and some other goodies.

hQttnj1.jpg

Flannel looks a sort of big but not in a bad way imo. It depends on how you like your clothes to fit, my flannel is a kind of big as well but I prefer a bit too large to a little too tight.  I often layer underneath so a bit of room is welcome for me. 

Post-wash measurements (BiG style)

Waist - 17"

Rise - 11"

Thigh - 13.25"

Knee - 9"

Leg opening - 8"

Inseam - 30.5"

These are way too large on me in the top block. I think I will try to exchange the flannel for one size down and attempt to sell these jeans. Unfortunate I decided to hem them, it will make it harder to resell.

This seems to be a case of me getting too excited and ordering what I thought would work instead of sitting down and crunching numbers. A shame, but not the end of the world.

Edited by kss447

I would bet that if you bought the size that had (pre-soak) had the waist measure that you want post-soak, they could work well.

I always try and get jeans to fit right or *slightly* loose in the waist while being very comfortable in the thighs pre-soak. Works for me...

Jeez that's too bad man. To be honest, mine didn't look far off what yours looked pre-soak. Which is why I machine washed them at 70degrees, let them tumblr around at scalding temperatures for 90 min. They shrunk a LOT.

Looks like you have a size 33? Did you soak or wash? I think there's a lot of shrinkage left in those. Check my post wash measurements on the last page, no reason you can't get that too. Not much to lose by giving them a ridiculously hot machine wash...you think that'll harm resale value further?

Same size as my 103s, both 33. Honestly I saw Tion's measurements, assumed they were measured BiG style (my fault), and just ordered them without doing enough research first.

Anyone want a fresh pair of UES? Ha.

Ya, must be so frustrating! My measurements are BiG style. I was surprised how much shrinkage I got. I reckon I still could have gone a size down, but they're pretty good now.

So regarding the heavy flannel shirt, did you guys go by the size chart on the official shop (http://ues.shop.japaneseselvagejeans.com/goods.php?tsuka_conv=EUR&lang_id=en&goods_id=722) and how reliable are those measurements? If going by chest alone it'd mean really long sleeves and a really long shirt overall, seems kinda weird because those numbers don't look like a Japanese shirt at all. Way too long in the body for my taste.

not sure if this is helpful but i'm a large (RRL) and xl (RgT) in american shirts and went with a 5 in the heavy flannel. it's big on me, not overly so but it did make me order another in a 4 to see what that fit is like. i could stand to lose 1.5-2" in the chest of the 5 so i think the 4 is a better bet.

Cucoo,

Bear in that the FW 13/14 shirts had a different sizing from this season (15/16)and last 14/15. The sizes were quite a small fit when Rivet and Hide got their first batch in FW 13/14. Since then the cut/sizing has been slightly bigger per model (2,3,4 etc) and fits more correctly in my opinion.

My 13/14 shirt is a size 3 and is quite slim fitting.

This season and last I could happily wear a size 2 for a fitted look and a 3 for layering underneath.

I also feel that there's a reasonable amount of shrink to be had if needed from these. They are Sanforized but a hot wash will reduce them if needed.

Go by Rivet and Hides sizing. It's accurate.

A size 2 should fit you well from what I can tell.

(For ref: I'm 6', 80kg with 40" chest)

Edited by UkeNo

Great, thanks! Yeah, I guess size 2 is my best bet.

Now, big bummer, but UES seems to only ship via EMS, and the German logistics partner for EMS is pretty horrible, I've had really bad experiences in the past (takes ages to pass customs, they charge ludicrous extra fees besides VAT and the delivery company is really slow, too). Meh.

@Cucoo 

Do you mean GDSK? That only applies to orders via EMS from China!

If you order from Japan the EMS package will go right to DHL Express. Sure customs still take their time but that's the problem of the customs office. And no additional fees besides custom fees and VAT.