UES Denim

ShAraLeEe

7 hours ago, Cold Summer said:

Ordered this UES Green Heavy Flannel today. Really excited, looks like a great fabric and should fit well. The two shades of green look great, and I like the contrast of the salmon-colored stripes.

I had one UES flannel about four years ago and it was a great looking shirt, but about a size too small. I got a 2/Medium, when I should've gotten a 3. Didn't help that this was back when I was trying to squeeze into the slimmest-fitting clothes I could manage.

Shirt.thumb.jpg.675a5aa96dac8945d7c0c27dee9fa6c1.jpg

Hi! I am currently looking for one of these beauty, but hesitating between size 2 and 3. For information, what are your size and weight please? (Even if apparently we dont't have the same morphology :-D. And btw, nice amp! ;-))

9 hours ago, Cold Summer said:

Ordered this UES Green Heavy Flannel today. Really excited, looks like a great fabric and should fit well. The two shades of green look great, and I like the contrast of the salmon-colored stripes.

That’s a nice color combo. Torn between the green and the red flannel. 

On 9/13/2020 at 3:08 PM, Cold Summer said:

Yep, that's my old shirt that I sold years ago. It was definitely too short, the new one ought to be just the right length.

I'm about 6'3" / 170 lbs. I don't have the amp anymore, I use a Line 6 Helix for all my amplification needs these days. :P

Thanks, size 2 should be fine on my 174cm / 69kg!

1 hour ago, Dan_F said:

I’m on the fence about getting a UES flannel, but based on most fit pics, it looks like they are narrow in the torso like most Flat Head shirts, and I’m trying to move away from too slim. Is this the case with their shirts? 

They're nothing like Flat Head. My size 4 heavy has 18.5" shoulders and 22.75" pit-to-pit, which is on the regular / relaxed side of things. My TFH flannel has 20" shoulders for a 22.5" p2p.

• 2 weeks later...

^ That's nice! I'm still debating whether to get the green or the red one - they're both great looking.

Edit: I ended up getting the red one from Rivet&Hide. A tad expensive but I want to check their sizing out before ordering from JP.

Edited by Ar_thor

So, I got my shirt from Rivet&Hide today (super fast shipping and great service). Compared to IH UHF I'd say this feels less dense but have more of a vintage feel to it. I'm interested in seeing how this will perform when taken outside properly as the only reason getting a flannel this heavy is to keep warm.

Lovely shirt well worth what I paid but I'll look into getting them from Japan next time to save some.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/30/2020 at 12:04 PM, ColonelAngus said:

@Cold Summer

you get your flannel yet? Curious what your thoughts are on fit/quality. Was yours sent DHL?

Kept forgetting to share this, I love this shirt! Fantastic fit and nice, dense, heavy fabric. Great construction. The pattern and color are very nice and don't look like anything else in my closet. I'm really impressed, I'll be buying more UES shirts in the future.

This shirt is plenty heavy, I can't imagine needing something as thick as UES's "extra heavy" shirts.

IMG_1372.thumb.png.f922fc5c8c3a23d6189f5697a8eac78d.png

IMG_1362.thumb.png.922c39be73366c19981194763726e3db.png

• 4 weeks later...

@beautiful_FrEaK Thanks mate, one day I will get past all the rest and they will have their time. I had a pair of 400T and I think these are a good inch higher, but as I've been wearing the TCB WW the rise doesn't really feel that high at all, just standard. They are tighter in the thighs though (when sitting) so I won't be doing another soak any time soon, it was one of the reason I ended up selling the the 400Ts. But I love how their denim fades.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, JDelage said:

UES has opened up its reservation process for the annual batch of indigo dyed pique polo. I have one and I love it (it was a tad long on me but I'm not very tall at 5'8" or so).

https://www.japaneseselvagejeans.com/free5.php

I've been looking at that.  How did the chest stretch for you?  I'm usually a size 2 (5'11", 150lbs) and look for around 40" chest and 16.5-17" shoulders...not sure if I should go 2 or 3, but leaning towards the 2.