UES Denim

ShAraLeEe

3 hours ago, ColonelAngus said:

@julian-wolf

How warm would you say your heavy flannel is (the one w/acorn pockets)? 

Not really sure how to quantify this—it's cotton, so if you really need something warm it's def. not gonna be your best bet…but as far as cotton shirts go it does the job. Much warmer than TFH's flannels, a good bit less warm than IH's UHFs.

^ a previous partner had one of those & liked it lots—not as soft as some of the standard loopwheeled options, but warm and very sturdy

It’s worth noting that it’s cut sideways, so it may stretch & shrink differently than you’re used to

2 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

^ a previous partner had one of those & liked it lots—not as soft as some of the standard loopwheeled options, but warm and very sturdy

It’s worth noting that it’s cut sideways, so it may stretch & shrink differently than you’re used to

Good to know.  I am pretty much between this and something from Studio D'Artisan, as I already have several from RMC.

I have 3 Deluxewear sweats (and another squirrelled away for the future). They are soft, sturdy, warm and very well made. I think they come up a little small. Never had Warehouse so can’t compare but the Deluxewear are better than Buzz Rickson imho. Personally, I’m happy with them so not interested in trying other brands.

46 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

UES is just a really likeable brand 

Great fabrics, reliable sizing with sensible proportions, range of cuts in the jeans and generally nice people in store and online. What's not to love!

I might pull the trigger to try one of flannels out now that DC4 have them to try the sizing out. Might be a good alternative to IH being €60 cheaper, with better color combinations and design (the IH mob will now strike down hard on me, I know). :ph34r2:

The length is worrying me a bit though.

On 9/11/2020 at 3:44 AM, Ar_thor said:

Might be a good alternative to IH being €60 cheaper, with better color combinations and design (the IH mob will now strike down hard on me, I know). :ph34r2:

As with all things, that's subjective and purely a matter of taste. I quite like IH color combo's and design, but not all of them. Likewise, I like UES's color combo's as well but not all of them. UES did some patterns a few years back that I thought I thought were really cool though.

Ordered this UES Green Heavy Flannel today. Really excited, looks like a great fabric and should fit well. The two shades of green look great, and I like the contrast of the salmon-colored stripes.

I had one UES flannel about four years ago and it was a great looking shirt, but about a size too small. I got a 2/Medium, when I should've gotten a 3. Didn't help that this was back when I was trying to squeeze into the slimmest-fitting clothes I could manage.

Shirt.thumb.jpg.675a5aa96dac8945d7c0c27dee9fa6c1.jpg