UES Denim

ShAraLeEe

On 10/8/2019 at 7:59 PM, Spiraltoy said:

Does anyone know where one might be able to buy ues flannels in Tokyo? Bought a pair of jeans at their Daikanyama store a few years back but when I asked for flannels he just looked strangely at me.

There where no tops at all in the store at that time. Granted, t was hanami so mild weather.

They usually have them in the Daikanyama store, I think you just have to go during the correct season. Just stopped by this afternoon and bought an indigo flannel and a type II jacket. They had plenty of sizes and color options for flannels as of today anyways. One of my favorite shops in Tokyo! 

On 10/17/2019 at 8:21 AM, pudaspriest said:

Ooooh I didn't know about pizza slice. Gonna go check that out asap! I miss slices....

Hi, Pudaspriest, we miss you here on sufu

Edited by dau

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I want make sure this is a matching set before I purchase.  The jacket is UES 14.9oz 2nd TYPE DENIM JACKET and the jeans are 400S SLIM STRAIGHT DENIM.  Both are 14.9oz denim, I just want to make sure the denim is the same.

image.png.c50b4fc568557b446d40a38c12bd62e4.pngimage.png.8725bf1bb7dc3a6402d40b849a1b7472.png

Edited by cmr_reed

Only thing that is holding me back now is the way they measure the rise.  I see that it says "※The length of the Rise is the pants Length minus the Inseam" but I do not know how this translates to the way most others measure it.  For example, I was also looking at Warehouse Lot 900xx which has a front rise of 26cm compared to 400S SLIM STRAIGHT DENIM which has a 20cm rise.  

Can anyone help me to understand this?

Using their size charts you deduct the inseam from the length to get the rise, a size 20 gets a 22mm rise for example. That will be the rise from the lowest point of the crotch to the top of the waist band. 

Have yu looked at R&H charts for UES? 

17 hours ago, Geeman said:

Great brand, I have jeans and shirts from them. Their type 3 has been on my want list for a long time. 

My 400st jeans are also my fastest fading. 

I wish UES offered bigger sizes for their jackets. Their type III only goes up to 4 and is raw which would make it unwearable. I prefer one wash. They have a few other tops that only go up to 3 as well 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

Looks like pre-orders are up for next year's flannels—some great colors as always

They look nice - the "Wabash"-flannel is very cool. How do they compare to Iron Heart UHF?

My experience is that the UES flannel shirts tend to gape a bit when I sit down, as opposed to the IH ones. I wasn't sure why that was but looking closely I noticed that the UES flannel shirts have 5 buttons (plus collar) whereas the IH ones have 6 (plus collar).

Outside of that, fabric, styling, etc, are top notch IMHO, and if anything the colors are often more interesting than IH's. The plain indigo flannel is scrumptious.

• 3 months later...

Fresh package from DHL today—it's not the S40s, but I can honestly say it's almost as exciting

lEOy1we.jpg

izwbsjq.jpg

hGy3lTK.jpg

ixrr71t.jpg

ixrr71t.jpg

0shlBoR.jpg

QKLXyky.jpg

Color is closest to true on the close-up shot of the coin purse thing

Whoever it was that said "I want to make love to this shirt", a few years ago, in reference to their Ues flannel may have been onto something…

^ You should. I only have two shirts from them so far, but receiving this one has convinced me that I really ought to own twice that (and probably will, soon). Based on my pretty limited sample size, I think they make my favorite shirts overall—the construction is rock-solid, the fabrics are nice, and they fit me perfectly.

Sizing may be the limiting factor, but I think you'd probably fit a 5 pretty well?

I’ve been selling off a lot of IH flannels lately and I think these would be a good replacement (that and some more FW shirts). The size 5 measurements look pretty good, and most reviews say they’re well suited for western frames, even in the larger sizes.

I'd agree with that—the flannels fit me better than any other brands' overshirts that I've tried, Japanese or otherwise (IH, TFH, Orgueil, FW, Indigofera, Freenote, Five Brother, Pendleton, Bronson, Gustin…)

The other closest contenders would be Indigofera and Freewheelers, but both seem to be hit or miss for me