UES Denim

ShAraLeEe

I've wanted the blue check heavy flannel for quite sometime, I visited Rivet and Hide last year to get one but they had none left. Ended up with the Black/wine colour which I love but  still hankered for the blue. Saw them I  stock on the UES website and thought nows the time!

I thought before I order direct and risk the UK customs charge I'd shoot Yuichi at Pirates an email as he has UES shirts. Cut a long story short, emailed him Thursday evening, early hours his time, and he replied to say that he had none in my size but could try for me. Arranged for UES to send him one over, sent me a paypal invoice, shipped and got it the UK by Wednesday morning. Arrived with no customs due......

What a guy!

My wife ordered a shirt from Asos UK on Friday, still hasn't arrived........

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How does one pronounce "UES"? Their website says it derives from the English word "waste", so is it phonetically something like "ways" (sounding like "race").

Anyways I've been rocking their Type 3 jacket for a few months and I absolutely love it. I'll share pictures once I have some more substantial wear on it.

• 1 month later...

your fit is great. my natural waist floats around 36 and 37 inches. went with size 36, they were loose at the waist and huge everywhere else but the hem. gigantic thigh and hips. let's say I've discovered it's not the best cut for my body.

I had them tailored but I still don't wear them, partly because even if they fit well the ass is still very loose, partly beacuse the denim is not transpirant enough for my taste and for where I live. Pity as the denim fades beautifully.

Well you always learn something...now I I shy away from every single cut which has similar measurements... but I enjoy to see those Ues well worn by others nonetheless.

How does one pronounce "UES"? Their website says it derives from the English word "waste", so is it phonetically something like "ways" (sounding like "race").

Anyways I've been rocking their Type 3 jacket for a few months and I absolutely love it. I'll share pictures once I have some more substantial wear on it.

I also heard about the waste thing, that's how I pronounce it. Could be spoken like U.S. as well and make sense.

I guess the letters are pronounced "oo-ay-ess" in Japan rather than "you-ee-ess"

Asked the guys when I visited the store yesterday and they said it's just UES, (you ee ess)

I asked Denimio about their measurements a few weeks ago when an item I was looking at had a size chart that made no sense. They said they just use generic measures supplied by the manufacturer or those that indicate the fit/shape.....

They will however measure specific articles for you and confirm before shipping and I found those to be pretty accurate

• 3 months later...