Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

I really like Ed;'s second pair of engineers. Not a fan of that ripple sole.

Mexican, whats the leather on the first pair you posted?

It's the chromexcel brown that has taken on a bunch of industrial oils (which is why the toe and heal are darker from coming into contact with lots of oily metal), antique eyelets that have since been shined by the laces, single leather midsole and 705 sole. no leather soles allowed at work.

Yup, they are the sienna water buffalo, i feel like the block heel and makes mine look a little chunky but those are the things my wife loves about them, I've thought about selling them a couple times but I think she'd hide them.

and these are my Semi-Dress swing last, traveler heal. my wife loves these

8527199017_0f48d13b53.jpg

photo by jgomez541, on Flickr

These are the exact same make up as my SD's, glad to see how good they look with wear. I must get mine on my feet more often, if only my oxfords didn't feel like comfy old slippers.

These are the exact same make up as my SD's, glad to see how good they look with wear. I must get mine on my feet more often, if only my oxfords didn't feel like comfy old slippers.

I honestly didn't care for them at first, I really like the regular semi-dress last and cuban heel better but my wife loves them so i've worn them and they have grown on me and are very comfortable.

unrelated but it's a little crazy how well the toe takes a shine

Slab - they look excellent now. A much nicer boot after the re-sole and the polish job really lifts these boots. Always thought that some of the Alden models really captured the smart/vintage look more than Whites do and, without exaggeration, are some of the nicest boots I've seen.

they'll probably last you a lot longer after the resole. not too sure why they even bothered with the original crepe soles which they really should have called crap soles.

they look pretty damn good now.

qft and actually wanted to +rep. ...fat fingers and iPhone is a pretty bad combo!

I'll admit I'm getting more than a little camera happy with these Trench Boots and its only been a couple of weeks since the last set of images. I've been wearing them more than usual and decided to clean them up today while on a long conference call. They've already seen a coat of Obenauf HDLP so I just cleaned off the salt with a damp cloth and brushed them for a good 10-15 minutes.

I did pour on a bit more contrast this time around but they looked so damn nice in the fading light.

osb_03.13.13_2712.jpg

osb_03.13.13_2711.jpg

osb_03.13.13_2709.jpg

osb_03.13.13_2703.jpg

Good stuff, Patrick! The trench boots are great! What are you using/doing to maintain the sole edging?

Edited by Moonshine

Good stuff, Patrick! The trench boots are great! What are you using/doing to maintain the sole edging?

Thanks Moonshine.

RE: the sole edge, nothing yet. They get Obenauf's when the upper and welt were treated but no edge dressing or anything like that.

A few images for posterity...

I came across a pair of Lotus veldtschoen boots on eBay the other day and the listing included pictures of the original tags that came with the boots. The seller was generous enough with his time to take some extra photos for me as I've never seen the blurb captured before.

Thought they would be good to share with a wider audience, so...

lotu3.jpg

lotu6.jpg

lotu4.jpg

lotu2.jpg

Interesting that there's mention of 'bloom' which normally makes me think of shell - both waxy leathers, I suppose. And also interesting that they recommend not using dubbin or similar for conditioning the leather. Anyone with any thoughts on this?

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...