Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

Only you can decide if they are too tight but all the shoes I've had that were tight there I've ended up selling because its never stretched enough to be comfortable. Sounds like to need a wider fit not a bigger size to me.

I just got the Alden longwings from J Crew made on the Barrie last in sz 10. The right foot fits perfect but my left foot is a bit longer. It feels tight on the throat line and makes a sharp crease. My toe seems like its in the right place. I've included pics. Should I get a half size up (thus the right foot will be too big) or will this work itself out with wear? I can still take them back at this point. Thanks.

001qib.jpg

Left foot with crease from my metatarsal

002qzd.jpg

Right foot perfect fit

Great update on the Santa Rosa's Rayw, they've developed a really desirable profile and the green Biltrite (or are they O'Sullivans?) soles give them just the right look.

How are those soles holding up, Are they harder wearing than Cat's Paws?

Fre-co, i like the Russell's a lot, the combo is just right.

I've never consired these until i saw yours.

Edited by Mich

love those engineers! do they have the biltrite soles?

Great update on the Santa Rosa's Rayw, they've developed a really desirable profile and the green Biltrite (or are they O'Sullivans?) soles give them just the right look.

How are those soles holding up, Are they harder wearing than Cat's Paws?

Mich is right, they are O'Sullivan. They've been holding up just fine, and I don't expect I will need to resole for quite awhile.

8437659267_d6017cf893_z.jpg

yeah very good choice with those russells fre-co. reminds me of the silver and gold birdshooters.

on the topic, how difficult would it be to have these resoled with one of their treated oak midsoles thrown in?

IMG_0815_zps07b27416.jpg

Well spotted. The silver and gold ones were the original make up I liked. I just fiddled with them a bit and added some options.

I dont think it is possible to resole to a leather mid if that is not what was on it originally, without completely rebuilding the shoe. I asked that regarding my sporting clays and was told the leather mid has to go on during construction. I can't tell the midsole in your pictures.

^Speak to Richard Shoe Healer as I think he keeps a stock of Tricker's boot laces.

Galways and Lotus boots looking none the worse for the recent snow:

113sun.jpg

096cz.jpg

And a couple of finds that aren't too run-of-the-mill; a Regent veldtschoen boot (never even knew that Regent had even made them, but the inner markings are consistent with their models) and a pretty attractive Grafton from Church's:

007gya.jpg

002czp.jpg

Likely deja-vu for you guys but YMC has 30-40% off its stock of William Lennon boots.

http://www.youmustcr...m-lennon-boots/

Good find!

TK Maxx seems to pick up a lot of YMC stuff these days; I'll be keeping my eyes open. Came across a pair of RM Williams boots in there recently, and they had a shitload of Cheaney Imperials that ended up being reduced to £67 from original RRP of £400...

Here are some I just picked up: Wolverine 1000-Mile Boots, a throwback to their early 20th century models. Not overbuilt, not super high-quality or expensive, but they remind me of the avergage-joe kind of boot that might have been picked up from Montgomery Wards or something. They come in Wide width, so they might do better than the Red Wings Beckman. I hear that the Beckmans can't be ordered in E or wider, even by special order. So I have high hopes for these. Waxed leather sole with a "1000 Mile" stamp. I got these at Leffot here in NYC, but will be ordering more online now that I know my size.

1000-mile.all.jpg

1000-mile-side.jpg

1000-mile-soles.jpg

1000-mile-insole.jpg

1000-mile-heels.jpg

1000-mile-mirror.jpg

Wolverine1000MileBoot.jpg

Wolverine.JPG

title_1000mile.jpg

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...