Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

Islay's look real good but for heavy duty outdoors I'd go for Danner, White's or similar style of boots

William Lennon finished my 78N boots, they'll be on their way to me soon. I hope I didn't screw up the sizing

I'm looking for a US-site whom has some Red Wing Beckmans available, preferably 9016. Would be a huge + if it's possible to cop a nice pair of jeans or a type II-jacket at the same place. Not really my regular playground so all help is most welcome!

If your in Sweden why does it have to be a US site?. Check out Rakuten jp. through google translator most shops will ship international. If your struggling with the language barrier try Sutocorp or any other Proxy then you can buy from numerous shops and all your items will all be shipped together with combined postage costs,

I do this all the time im in the UK. The world will be your oyster.

If your in Sweden why does it have to be a US site?. Check out Rakuten jp. through google translator most shops will ship international. If your struggling with the language barrier try Sutocorp or any other Proxy then you can buy from numerous shops and all your items will all be shipped together with combined postage costs,

I do this all the time im in the UK. The world will be your oyster.

Basically it's because I have a friend who's going over to the US for christmas so it's a safe way for me to avoid hefy custom fees. And the exchangerates are really good so I figured I might aswell give it a go.

Islay's look real good but for heavy duty outdoors I'd go for Danner, White's or similar style of boots

Agree, which is why I want both. :D

maybe a few centuries ago. they just don't give off that vibe anymore. now they fit more into the casual dress category.

Not in my environment.

Basically it's because I have a friend who's going over to the US for christmas so it's a safe way for me to avoid hefy custom fees. And the exchangerates are really good so I figured I might aswell give it a go.

You need to be a little more specific, Where is he going in the US, which denim, which type-II. Im pretty sure the good folks on here can help you out. Albeit better posted in the "this or that" thread.

Edited by Double 0 Soul

You need to be a little more specific, Where is he going in the US, which denim, which type-II. Im pretty sure the good folks on here can help you out. Albeit better posted in the "this or that" thread.

He's going to Phoenix but it's pretty much irrelevant since I'm looking for a good onlinestore and just have it shipped to where he'll be staying.

Anyway, now that I'm done with the drunken webbrowsing I'll look for answers in the more appropriate places. :blush:

snapback.pngCrat, on 09 December 2012 - 04:35 AM, said:

^ very.

^^ nice sock & shoe combo CTB : )

Ha, cheers!

Been loving suede for some time now, and these Tricker's are a nice little addition to the collection. These came yesterday; I'd sold a pair in a smaller size to a Japanese collector about half a year ago and was impressed enough to keep an eye open for a pair for myself:

imag0695al.jpg

imag0696c.jpg

The 'old school' Phillips cover sole even matches the suede...I'm probably going to keep these on:

imag0697d.jpg

The suede has a lovely hand to it, and a quick brush brought it right back to life:

imag0699.jpg

snapback.pngRob060, on 09 December 2012 - 01:53 AM, said:

must be a pretty tame environment.

Not authentic enough, right? ;)

I jest, of course...

The Islays are pretty good in shitty weather, to be fair, whilst retaining a degree of dressiness.

Of course, classic Tricker's brogues are more ideal for really crappy outdoorsy stuff if you've nothing in zug lying around the house:

imag0691i.jpg

I really enjoy looking through and reading this thread so I just had to contribute a little with my humble lineup.

From the left:

Lundhags "pistvakt". Solid stuff

Thorogood Boerum Hill

LL. Bean

Clarks desert

2q8qau9.jpg

Thorogoods are an upgrade from the Beans.

Just glad that I never picked up the Barbour/Tokito model that he's wearing there, even though it did look bloody good on him, as I'd be getting heartily sick of the copycat accusations by now. Although they are now fetching double retail price on eBay at the moment...

Yes I saw that; 1300usd on the bay atm....

Did look good though, I agree. I just got a Pegasus (posted in waywrn denim today) which I'm quite happy with.

Your Islays look very nice btw.

The Barbour has just dropped at End for January pre-order.

For all you Bondalikes http://www.endclothing.co.uk/brands/barbour-x-tokihito-yoshida/barbour-x-tokihito-yoshida-skyfall-sports-jacket-pre-order.html?utm_source=End+Mailing+List&utm_campaign=39120858a7-Newsletter+23%2F11%2F2012&utm_medium=email

crat nice...boot, is it rrl?

These are Paraboot. I have this pair in a burgundy color, very comfortable, although waterproofing past where the tongue is is very questionable (ie non-existent) although they perform well in snow, which I see a lot of. For how comfortable and easy wearing they are, they hold up to abuse very well; I actually use mine for hiking, as well as kicking around.

C&J has made a similar boot for RL and EG also used to make a similar boot.

The ones in my previous post are 60's french legionnaire's boots. Not mine, unfortunately.

EG

31d7908e_IMG_8702.jpeg

You know, I was briefly tempted by these boots when they popped up the other week but wasn't totally convinced.

C&J made similar boots in WW2 and these pop up from time to time, and I'd take one of those over a repro all day long. I handled a pair from 1944 a while back, but am buggered if I can find the pics I took at the time...

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...