kiya

Shoes that look better with age...

4 minutes ago, Toegun said:

image.thumb.png.e9030d92dc95173d584dcbea0ed8f336.png

these popped up in my notifications from Standard and Strange...hold me back!

I’m going to say that’s an April Fool’s day post..

4 minutes ago, tod said:

I’m going to say that’s an April Fool’s day post..

"I wish I was little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a girl who looked good
I would call her
I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala"

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Toegun said:

image.thumb.png.e9030d92dc95173d584dcbea0ed8f336.png

these popped up in my notifications from Standard and Strange...hold me back!

Excellent - so fed up with the usual White’s/Lofgren nonsense. Order placed - went with my usual brannock size. Time to break out my Lot 646s

2CC2270C-5ABE-4C92-A7DF-5ADC85DA8B5D.jpeg

Edited by Duke Mantee

I’m glad you’ve found the right platform to express yourself Duke.

It looks like he's playing sole music

I knew you two heels would appear trying to stamp your humour things - just put a sock in it

20% off everything on the Tricker's outlet, looks like—discount applied automatically at checkout

Saddle soap and boot cream, twice a year or so..

1E6C36C3-0E33-44FB-86BA-3C70FF5ADBE2.jpeg

5 hours ago, tod said:

Saddle soap and boot cream, twice a year or so..

1E6C36C3-0E33-44FB-86BA-3C70FF5ADBE2.jpeg

Do you recommend this for Horsehide?

i would also recommend checking out our 24 hours sales which start an hour and a half from now! 

you will be shocked on the brands in it! 

come get your 

russel , wesco , paraboot , aldens edward green  fix at 30% off at the webstore!!!!

Got my first pair of British shoes in the mail today, Tricker’s Bourton in mahogany softee grain—just £200 shipped along with a pair of shoe trees, and I’m really pleased with them, fit and all

B1698EE2-43D8-424C-9B52-8F78083D3CE8.thumb.jpeg.f922a3439c44734326ede4b71fbc9862.jpeg
0EB2D425-7F6D-4CE6-B638-23AF2B2AA5FE.thumb.jpeg.874ede0839c6c567559ad319c4554cd5.jpeg

Lazy on-foot shots’ll have to do for now—not ready to take them off ‘til I’ve been for a good walk

I like Trickers shoes - the quality is very decent but it’s the overall balance that makes them a winner. A lot of shoe manufacturers try to make shoes that look like Trickers but there’s some ineffable quality they never quite capture.

I think the same could be said about a few of the Northampton brands.

yes to the trickers

was lucky enough to find these for a tenner in a local charity shop... probably best made shoes I own...

BzcI7Dyh.png

BbQD99Zh.jpg

8zSpSzVh.jpg

@bartlebyyphonics i love how in yr old pair the brogueing on the toe caps dont disappear into the storm welt

43 minutes ago, oomslokop said:

@bartlebyyphonics i love how in yr old pair the brogueing on the toe caps dont disappear into the storm welt

hey! looking over the trickers site I was thinking that seems to be something that distinguishes the 'country' brogues from the 'town' brogues... [as my pair def. feel more city in terms of toe shape and general balance]

yet none of the 'town' brogues have storm welts... curious...

@julian-wolf - great price & great score btw ...   

Trickers were my first pair of serious Sufu/DB approved shoes back in 2008 .

My friend planted the seed, we went to London so he could buy his wedding boots. Tricker store on st James str is pretty cool.

these were relast by Willy,s. In 2004 or 2005. They,recup for another resole, back to tricker style.

746F1896-A9E6-4063-8445-7E11DB22A465.jpeg

503DF972-93AC-4BF7-AA8C-073A47AB62D5.jpeg

6BB8DAFA-761F-4AA2-AFCB-947F21C7DD0D.jpeg

D7F76058-0CAF-4374-880B-2388A1563F75.jpeg

Anyone got good boot inspo for moc toes with a heel and lug sole....

need to resole my whites moc toe soon and don’t want wedge soles again 

43 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

^ Love those shoes

same... especially the curve of the back into the heel... almost boot soled shoes; love it

[plus, always a sucker for well worn natural leather and/or tan...]

1 hour ago, smoothsailor said:

C7E8D1A5-5799-4A64-87DC-458FA3B692F6.jpeg

34 minutes ago, shredwin_206 said:

Flame Panda, although really those seem more like a moc toe / Indy hybrid

1 hour ago, shredwin_206 said:

Dr Soles makes some great soles.

16 hours ago, shredwin_206 said:

some lug moc-toe resoles here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrKgOz0gMmv/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4mMKa8Bk74/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqhCvr2g-b9/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Boiyyy9hdBb/

and same cobbler (Duke's favourite btw, yee ol' felix) using a dr sole as per @mlwdp's recommendation

https://www.instagram.com/p/BruhEhPg7RH/

19 hours ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

hey! looking over the trickers site I was thinking that seems to be something that distinguishes the 'country' brogues from the 'town' brogues... [as my pair def. feel more city in terms of toe shape and general balance]

yet none of the 'town' brogues have storm welts... curious...

have noticed those too which made me think do they just brogue the toe caps the same for every brogue town or country and when they have storm welts theyd get covered up in the bottom

3 hours ago, oomslokop said:

have noticed those too which made me think do they just brogue the toe caps the same for every brogue town or country and when they have storm welts theyd get covered up in the bottom

interesting: with a quick look over cheaney, church's, and crockett & jones not seeing any with toe brogue holes so low: curious... 

also does seem like their town and country get quite different patterns as well:

town:

image.png.2a0a1bb9b8bef7e728cfdb2ce8af3d31.png

image.png.8e0efbb61bb6b1372c55d8db869938fe.png

There aren’t many who place the brogueing so far down, but I suppose you could argue that the Trickers Bourton (and similar) have the ‘correct’ placement since the point was to let water out ... but then there’s no value in a storm welt :huh2:

Posted (edited)

Bartles shiny-toed shoes just reminded me of @Crat for the moment... remember that dude? with his insane mirror finished Crockett & Jones (before your time i think Bartles)

Trickers are not my style but my sis-inlaw wears their Acorn Tan Brogue Boots, i always admire them, they're so well balanced, whether it's in her size 5 or a size 12

Edited by Double 0 Soul
weather/whether ...potato/potato

Posted (edited)

Got my very 1st English boots 10yrs ago ... Tricker’s Malton in C-Shade Gorse.

I’ve always gravitated to a more casual wear & accoutrements, since there was rarely ever any need to dress up in my entire life ... getting married was one.

I remember getting stoked just looking through  the boots display window @JermynStreet.  I was chancing on a proper Stow pair in Acorn,  but discovered that I needed to size up half on the length to get to the width that I wanted.  Enter the Malton ... Goodyear commando soles in combo with the brogues ... wanted the Acorn, but Gorse will do ... SOLD!

I thought they were like the “mullet” of bootsdom :laugh2::ph34r:

edit: Btw, been re-heeled twice, but the commando soles are still original ... actually, I find Commandos more flexy/comfy & durable than Dainites.

91077741-349F-4623-9E6F-F5518A2A0318.thumb.jpeg.2445735a2ef695fa09555fe676064725.jpeg
887DDC05-092E-4DD4-813E-A28BFBF89008.thumb.jpeg.bbb898d550bb7fd0ae1340355aaed3fc.jpeg

D71E7273-077F-401E-8618-1480AA63EE22.thumb.jpeg.62c7ecad0773ba2ec8254ab2d1e76ea1.jpeg

0F8DC974-1BB5-4F17-91D9-6AE72DFDE9A5.thumb.jpeg.c38419a9a88ff62b16d56e829a0fd864.jpeg6218A845-072D-44C3-A3A9-3E309717C866.thumb.jpeg.894d3427ac94524ad159658953b0bc44.jpegCADEA93F-76E9-457F-98B4-4E0DBE5D6026.thumb.jpeg.2eea31dba2bde38a4325059275157cee.jpeg

Edited by BrownMetallic