Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

I got Dean from Yorkshiresole to improve my ‘Ron’ Wolf Hunters by giving them some Dr Sole’s - they used to have a white wedge sole which I thought was ok all those years back when I bought them, but in truth it’s not a great solution and I’m much happier now.

The quality of work is good - value for money for sure. I don’t think he’s been doing this type of boot for long, but I remember Brian the Bootmaker and his earlier work ... Dean is better IMO, but the thing that has impressed me most was the communication. Dean actually called me to discuss options and get a ‘feel’ for things, he’s also emailed and texted throughout the process - communication is worth it’s weight in gold as far a business is concerned. Trust and integrity always comes first.

98580AA6-CD4F-42DF-9ADF-FFE46C6E72F2.jpeg

F2606048-8C28-42EB-8327-C84A387D332F.jpeg

13503CD0-0B44-4819-AB00-043DFB9DFE27.jpeg

4 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

I got Dean from Yorkshiresole to improve my ‘Ron’ Wolf Hunters by giving them some Dr Sole’s - they used to have a white wedge sole which I thought was ok all those years back when I bought them, but in truth it’s not a great solution and I’m much happier now.

The quality of work is good - value for money for sure. I don’t think he’s been doing this type of boot for long, but I remember Brian the Bootmaker and his earlier work ... Dean is better IMO, but the thing that has impressed me most was the communication. Dean actually called me to discuss options and get a ‘feel’ for things, he’s also emailed and texted throughout the process - communication is worth it’s weight in gold as far a business is concerned. Trust and integrity always comes first.

could you post a profile pic? It looks like the heel is not stacked and not woodman's style too, correct? I've considered doing something similar on one of my pairs too.

I can't stand anymore the woodman heel. I am not sure if there is a relation of sorts but since I've started to run consistently (about 4 times per week) about 2 yrs ago the higher heeled boots started to cause me knee pain. They're fine for a short walk/running errands, dreadful on a long day walking or even just standing.

Edited by volvo240thebest

24 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

could you post a profile pic? It looks like the heel is not stacked and not woodman's style too, correct? I've considered doing something similar on one of my pairs too.

I can't stand anymore the woodman heel. I am not sure if there is a relation of sorts but since I've started to run consistently (about 4 times per week) about 2 yrs ago the higher heeled boots started to cause me knee pain. They're fine for a short walk/running errands, dreadful on a long day walking or even just standing.

Correct it’s not stacked, nor is it woodsman - both things I appreciate on the correct boot but these are not those. I wanted the simpler look because I think that’s in keeping with the balance of the boot

Cheap and cheerful iPhone pic 

654F0997-A41A-4F9A-A1C5-8CC4B87DAC71.jpeg

It looks like White Kloud now has a web shop with some stock boots…at a lower price than I'd expect: https://whitekloud.com/

Anyone know the scoop? Is this new, or is it just a new website for an option that's always been around? Should we expect the quality of the boots to be the same as his MTO boots, or is this maybe similar to the CSF scenario, where many products are released under the workshop's name but only some are made by the primary craftsman?

edit: Looks like the boots being offered are made to order, with production planned to begin once a certain minimum is reached—is this difference in business model enough to explain the difference in price?

Edited by julian-wolf

mjXEGXw.jpgeAbsdVY.jpgEWHiL7r.jpgNew pair of work beaters. The Whites “perry” moc toe. I love whites and they know how to make great work boots. 
I think these are the best looking moc toes on the market. 
excited to see how they handle the work abuse. 

7 hours ago, Geeman said:

Shredwin,  don't you trash them soles?

I do. But for free pair of boots to give honest feedback on them I’ll trash them and re sole when time comes. 
Whites reached out to me because I’m in the construction trades and they want some real advice and feedback on the boots and how to improve them. So they gave me a pair. 

I took these out of the box to start wearing a few weeks back and - having checked the receipt - realised I bought them over 7 years ago! They’ve been pretty comfortable since day one and I like the sprung sole.

William Lennon ‘Dundas’.

16408C9F-0E9C-439A-9FD0-7FC55F26E2FB.jpeg

92AED1C4-4EC9-484E-9FD3-591FA7AA4316.jpeg

9E47D1D6-B1D7-47BE-9AB0-22092F2BA53F.jpeg

07CBFC31-BF2D-4067-838C-9750EA78FAA4.jpeg

5FD97BA0-6C2D-47F5-B298-78059BA6F38B.jpeg

2 hours ago, MJF9 said:

Eh lads what do you think of these new loafers?

F04AEDF7-1754-42E7-B0E7-60273B452AF9.jpeg

They aren't my style, but whatever butters your bread.