kiya

Shoes that look better with age...

On 3/10/2020 at 7:58 AM, Duke Mantee said:

Viberg Service Boot

DF2A7313-87AC-4F84-AC8E-9D670E01D990.jpeg

So, when are these Vibergs going on sale, and what size are they?

@tod - haven’t got ‘round to posting them (or the Pecos, RMC N1 and RDT Conquers)  up in classifieds but they’re ready to go any time on the asking. These are a size 8.5

On 3/19/2020 at 5:26 PM, Duke Mantee said:

@tod - haven’t got ‘round to posting them (or the Pecos, RMC N1 and RDT Conquers)  up in classifieds but they’re ready to go any time on the asking. These are a size 8.5

Dang, too small for me. I remember when they first offered these, right at the launch of the new website. Wish I had got them then.  GLWS.

Clarks Original Walabee

bought them circa 2 months ago as summer shoes. first time I wore them couple of days ago...

IMG_1236.jpg

IMG_1237.jpg

I love clarks originals,  have mutiple Wallabees,  desert boots and treks 

yeah ... most comfortable shoes I have. like slippers... yesterday I ordered another pair in darker brown...

1 hour ago, vIGGiou riou said:

yeah ... most comfortable shoes I have. like slippers... yesterday I ordered another pair in darker brown...

Careful in the crepe soles, they turn very slick of walking on wet surfaces!

Posted (edited)

Old unlined Edward Green

These are posting sideways, sorry!

537ADDCC-079E-4CEF-9735-DAB3F227C9A4.jpeg

7A3F4D61-ED2D-4C1F-8917-97319BA998FD.jpeg

Edited by wmb

B87FE2BE-25F3-40BF-9490-74977C0CCC45.jpeg

My Attractions lot 444 horsebutt engineers came.

I love the design and last on these and the leather is extremely nice. Construction is pretty good, but there are some flaws as I expected. Definitely happy with these.

wIPQcsy.jpg?1

CXfbVjj.jpg?1

0Z5eFbB.jpg?1

YLk4gV9.jpg?1

5hEeb4s.jpg?1

tEDXiFn.jpg?1

lht86tA.jpg?1

tAOGqwT.jpg?1

g1U7jcB.jpg?1

WgK5DqN.jpg?1

Always loved Attractions boots, just wish they made a size 12. :( Nice looking all black engineers. 

33 minutes ago, Broark said:

Always loved Attractions boots, just wish they made a size 12. :( Nice looking all black engineers. 

Thanks! It's a huge shame that a lot of Japanese makers do not make larger sizes. Motor/Moto make some seriously nice boots and shoes, but I actually take their largest size (9H) and I'm only a 10.5US. Lone Wolf has a similar problem from what I've seen too.

I run into the problem regularly, RDT is the other one that bums me out. I’m a 12 in Lofgren and that’s about the only Japanese maker that makes shoes and boots big enough for me. But I understand why. 

I want Attractions but for me they would have to be resoled and I'm not in the mood to pay $300 on new boot resoles at the moment.  Evilact has them with the vibram 700 sole but won't ship overseas.

95148374_o1.jpg

31 minutes ago, mlwdp said:

I want Attractions but for me they would have to be resoled and I'm not in the mood to pay $300 on new boot resoles at the moment.  Evilact has them with the vibram 700 sole but won't ship overseas.

95148374_o1.jpg

Why would you need them resoled?

1 hour ago, Broark said:

I run into the problem regularly, RDT is the other one that bums me out. I’m a 12 in Lofgren and that’s about the only Japanese maker that makes shoes and boots big enough for me. But I understand why. 

Yeah RDT is definitely another one. Honestly it's most all of the Japanese makers except the ones that do custom. Clinch goes up to a US 12 and maybe they could go higher, but I don't know. I'm sure White Kloud could do just about anything considering he offers bespoke lasts, but that requires a trip to Japan...

When I lived in Singapore it was comical trying to find shoes to wear. I’ve considered Clinch but it’s a really big investment. They’re great boots but a massive premium.

Those are a pretty penny, not quite my style though I don’t think. 

@dudewuttheheckHalf soles get scrapped up when riding motorcycles, etc.  That was the contemplation when I built my Wescos but ended up going for something I can walk in with a flex in the sole.  Ever since I saw Yusuke from Canvas wearing them, I've been hooked though.

144496818_o2.jpg

Keystone boots seems promising.  Not a bad price.  58000 yen.  6 month-1 year wait.  http://keystone-shoe-co.com/

This is an original insole made from 6mm thick benz leather with cushion and suppleness that Fukurokuju custom made for sole. By channeling the leather directly without using rib tape, the sole has been reduced in thickness and the good return has been greatly improved. Another point is that the outer circumference of the insole is shaved by 4mm, so that it does not interfere with the foot when completed as boots, providing a wrapped comfort. I've been repairing boots for many years, but I finally realized that I had been thinking "I wish I had such an insole". Of course, KEYSTONE BIKER BOOTS is also produced using Flexible Leather Insole.

Keystone Biker's Boot ¥ 58000 + Tax

Color Nice Brown × Black

Size 5 ~ 12 D Or E

Construction Keystone Flexible Goodyear Process

Insole Keystone Flexible Leather Insole

Sole Fukurokuju (The Finest Boot RepairManufacturer)

Release Date March 29

Delivery Date 1 year

NSFW :  http://keystone-shoe-co.com/blog/page/4/

141477072_o1.jpg

141665684_o1.jpg

141665694_o1.jpg

4 hours ago, dudewuttheheck said:

My Attractions lot 444 horsebutt engineers came.

I love the design and last on these and the leather is extremely nice. Construction is pretty good, but there are some flaws as I expected. Definitely happy with these.

wIPQcsy.jpg?1where

CXfbVjj.jpg?1

0Z5eFbB.jpg?1

YLk4gV9.jpg?1

5hEeb4s.jpg?1

tEDXiFn.jpg?1

lht86tA.jpg?1

tAOGqwT.jpg?1

g1U7jcB.jpg?1

WgK5DqN.jpg?1

SERIOUSLY THERE ARE FAULTS?? ON THE CONSTRUCTION? COME ON MAN  SERIOUSLY YOU DIDNT HANDLE ALDENS EH?

WHICH IS BETTER THESE OR LOFGRENS ??

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, edmond said:

SERIOUSLY THERE ARE FAULTS?? ON THE CONSTRUCTION? COME ON MAN  SERIOUSLY YOU DIDNT HANDLE ALDENS EH?

WHICH IS BETTER THESE OR LOFGRENS ??

Yeah there are minor little faults. The stitching isn't perfect on the uppers. There are places where the stitch density changes quite drastically and it should not. They're still very nicely made. A massive step above my Vibergs and overall much more neatly made and finished than my Wescos, but worse than my Motors, Lofgrens, and several others. I like to over-analyze things like this though. I am still quite happy with them. I had handled several pairs before so I knew what to expect. They have actually exceeded my expectations.

This might make you feel better though, Ed. I prefer the leather on these vs. Lofgrens more than I prefer the construction on the Lofgrens vs. these if that makes sense.

Edited by dudewuttheheck

4 hours ago, mlwdp said:

@dudewuttheheckHalf soles get scrapped up when riding motorcycles, etc.  That was the contemplation when I built my Wescos but ended up going for something I can walk in with a flex in the sole.  Ever since I saw Yusuke from Canvas wearing them, I've been hooked though.

Ah I understand. I don't ride so that doesn't have to be a consideration for me!

3 hours ago, dudewuttheheck said:

Ah I understand. I don't ride so that doesn't have to be a consideration for me!

For example

8FB6C078-C549-47C6-8707-D5AF50EF7951.jpeg

Posted (edited)

@mlwdp Yeah I definitely see your point. all I get is "driver's heel" where the heel of my boot gets darker because it sits on the floor of my car as I drive :D

Edited by dudewuttheheck

Dude, how would you compare the fit/sizing to Lofgrens?

First contribution in this thread. Navy cordovan  punched cap derby by Wheelrobe

48FF1E92-0066-49C5-8D4E-7165CDB0076E.jpeg