Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

12 hours ago, mpukas said:

I'd like to see someone post about their JL boots having some type of construction failure. Hasn't happened yet... Eyelets breaking laces doesn't count, that happens with every boots vs cheap laces. 

Only seen it happen once; a guy on Fedora Lounge had a strap break on his engineers and John replaced the boots entirely. 

2 hours ago, edmond said:

I was asking how much the 2 tone jacket was shipped and he said if i Take it  hell give me a discount or something i didnt commit on buying it i just asked how much is it shipped to me and he said im banned from

buying shit from

his store. 

3 hours ago, edmond said:

Whats the specs on these? Can i see more of these and less on a those lofgrens?

10 inch

Black horsehide

MP toe

regular length straps 

Iron Heart brass roller buckles

brown stitching

white stitching 

no lining

430 half sole I supplied on my own because Wesco doesn’t offer nor does Baker’s shoes or White’s.  

They feel like slippers

45661370-3BEA-4215-83AC-9BADDD0A5D4E.jpeg

E09AEF8D-6F9A-480B-B011-0167504C7125.jpeg

Going to have my bullhide smokejumpers resoled to single sole either half sole again or 430 sole.  It’s just not fun anymore dealing with a triple sole when the only chance you get to wear them anymore is on weekends.  9-5 jobs can be a curse when it comes to wearing footwear like boots when not allowed or able to.

Alfred Sargent Dumfries after 8-9 years and a resole, replacing the worn-out triple leather with a commando sole. Also had a suede strip added inside at the back, as they were starting to wear there.

58520AD6-9B80-483D-89C2-770A2C2C92DF.jpeg

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Nice, I dig 'em. Great color leather and profile on those.

By the way, what's up with Ed's crazy dislike for John Lofgren? Is this a running gag, some personal beef, or does he really think the shoes suck? My Steadfast boots probably have the most perfect QC of any pair I've owned.

Edited by Cold Summer

2 hours ago, Cold Summer said:

By the way, what's up with Ed's crazy dislike for John Lofgren? Is this a running gag, some personal beef, or does he really think the shoes suck? 

he just answered that on previous page, see "got banned in his shop"

On 3/5/2020 at 4:25 PM, dudewuttheheck said:

Well, Lofgren gives you two boots so I'm not sure how that one is better...

Your funny dude how much does he pay you to suck his ass?

On 3/5/2020 at 6:46 AM, Duke Mantee said:

Rolling Dub Trio ‘Vincent’ - rebuild courtesy of Felix Jouanneau

These look very cool. I've never seen a pair with any wear on them.  How do you like the fit and feel? I've always kinda wondered how that straight-up tight lacing area would work..

Edited by tod

@tod I’ve always liked RDT shoes/boots - but these are my favourite. I bought both black and brown versions - the brown will be going to Felix once he clears his backlog.

They are a wider fit than the Coupen and originally it was a semi-sprung leather sole which although was very comfortable, I had an idea they would suit a new look.

Hey Tod, i was reading through loads of old messages recently and there's one from you (2013) which i never replied to... asking about comparrisons between LW-Mechanics and TMC-Railmans. I bought these LW's from Vari back in 2007 and took these photo's in 2012 when i bought the Railmans

IMG_5637

I still own both of these pairs of boots, so if there's anything you want to know...give me a holla?

IMG_5637

...ive priced up a re-sole from Felix for the LW's and for what they cost, the smart money would buy me a brand new pair.

I think Lone Wolf are a bit underrated IMO given their cost in comparison to other popular (here) brands, and I can understand why a new pair instead of a rebuild might be the smart money option but hopefully you’re still using them - plenty of life in the uppers it seems

How do both boots compare size wise?