kiya

Shoes that look better with age...

4 minutes ago, dudewuttheheck said:

I think those TMC boots look really good and making the heel shorter would make them look worse IMO. It would make the toe look even larger. It looks more balanced as it is now. 

One lift is about 1/8”,  and honestly I don’t think that’s going to make a noticeable difference in the toe.  I may be wrong, but there are lots of white’s boots, for example, that are lowered by a quarter inch and it doesn’t seem to affect the toe visibly. 

Just now, tod said:

One lift is about 1/8”,  and honestly I don’t think that’s going to make a noticeable difference in the toe.  I may be wrong, but there are lots of white’s boots, for example, that are lowered by a quarter inch and it doesn’t seem to affect the toe visibly. 

Maybe not, but I think the heel is already a little lower than I would like in terms of balance of the design. 

I've been looking at those too, though. They're nice looking boots.

4 hours ago, dudewuttheheck said:

Maybe not, but I think the heel is already a little lower than I would like in terms of balance of the design. 

Agreed, that's already a low heel. It probably wouldn't work out well to remove another lift from it.

Appreciate the feedback.  (And apologies for the repetition for those who've seen these on another board.)  As far as the heel goes, I know lots of folks like their boot heels taller than me, but all I can say is I've worn a lot of boots over the past 35 years or so and discovered early on that 1" to 1.25" feel good to me and anything taller doesn't.  I feel like I'm walking downhill with taller heels.  Aesthetically, I am quite sure that they would not look bad to me -- my White's and Chippewas both have 1" heels and they look great -- assuming the work was not botched, which is why I was wondering about the feasibility of removing a lift.   Anyway, still undecided on keeping them or not...

I’m eyeing the whites x 4Q69 boot. 
real nice build

Airport security..

F98016A6-761E-4CAF-8EAB-E5F0CF4F3F5C.jpeg

On 11/26/2019 at 12:33 PM, mlwdp said:

I really like BlackBear Brand. The boots look awesome. Also their denim chore coat but dang! Their stuff is expensive 

Yeah I picked up their melton wool black overshirt. It's stunning and the owner was really great to order from. That said it's mostly too hot for Australia so I never wear it...! Will sell it on at a hefty discount if any of you in the Northern hemisphere are looking for a hefty overshirt as you move into winter!

Anyone rocking the Avignon from Paraboot? Been looking at them + chambord for awhile. Kind of digging the norwegian split toe on the avignon:)

I have both (well, my Chambords are 15 yr old so they're relegated to garden work these days)... I like both. Design wise, the Chambord is a little bit more casual, but both models are more country than town.

@JDelage  that´s a good lifespan. Did you resole them?  I tried on a pair of the Avignon today in Oslo. Love the stitching details and felt so comfy. Probably order up the tan version from the store next week:)

I think so, but I'm not sure...

Santa came a little earlier and delivered these to me. Game over! I will sell 90% of the shoes I have and just buy these in every shade of brown. The ultimate europeasant shoe.
They look great either with wide or slim jeans

IMG_20191203_101322.thumb.jpg.6edd9e73e75b795777ebc95552dc1d75.jpg

^great shoes! Really into those as well lately.

Btw I'm looking too sell a few pairs of shoes, worn a little.

-Wesco John Henry lace2toe in olive burlap leather, IH-collab, worn about 30 times, US8 (https://www.ironheartamerica.com/extinct/ihtb-jhc.html)

- Rancourt moccassin boots with mudguard in black cxl leather. The sole came off, so I had a new one glued to it. US8

- Yuketen x Heschung Thuja in navy calf leather from france with naval printed canvas on the tongue, made in france,  worn about 50 times. UK7

Message me if interested, I'll try to get some pictures up ;)

Edited by Thanks_M8

28 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Paraboot Michael?

Yes, indeed.

I have a black pair of relatively unworn Michael, bought from the Paraboot shop in Savile Row about 20 years ago that have been sitting in a bin liner for about 15 years. I’ll have to dig them out and try them on again! 

1 hour ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

@volvo240thebest Nice! I got a pair of Chambord coming in the next days. Gonna live that Hayashi-life :D

did u get an 8.5 or a 9?

57 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

I have a black pair of relatively unworn Michael, bought from the Paraboot shop in Savile Row about 20 years ago that have been sitting in a bin liner for about 15 years. I’ll have to dig them out and try them on again! 

give them a shot for sure!

1 hour ago, oomslokop said:

did u get an 8.5 or a 9?

I got the 9 and I hope they will fit. The shop didn't offer half sizes so I had to go with the 9.
Will find out soon!

Yes! all of us are going to be paraboot troopers :)

@beautiful_FrEaK I tried on a 12UK (PB use UK sizes).. I'm a 12 US in RW so will say paraboot UK sizing run about  half size bigger than a US size.. Waiting for the Avignon model to arrive. 

Great shoes @volvo240thebest

I hate this shoe size converting stuff...always gives me a headache :D
I'm a US 9.5 in Red Wing and also in Converse Chucks. Usually also a EU 43 and this made me chose the Paraboot UK9 :)

I went with my chucks size 44 and all went fine. They are generously sized. The break in started, these feckers are killing my heels haha.

The Michaels are known for being extremely comfortable to people with wide feet, FWIW.