kiya

Shoes that look better with age...

2019-10-02_11-28-06

When you clean out your closet and find a pair of Red Wing 9014 that you forgot you had lol. Must have bought them around 9 years ago. Should I be worried? Dementia? :D

Anyone have experience with Pecos, btw?
I went with, what I thought was, my boot size. 9.5E.

I wear a Alden Indy 9E and my sneakers seem to be 10.

The Pecos have a narrower toe box so maybe that's the problem right now but feels like I should have gone with a 10 :(

Finally getting my Devil's Causeway boots soon! Neil sent me some photos, my pair is one of the better of the bunch luckily.
Lots of grain and texture with this leather, can't wait to get them.
14lUIxX.jpg
vCU6lhS.jpg
RSeIFOz.jpg
qG5gVZu.jpg
ptxhXXN.jpg
AzFSbMf.jpg
yxGqtRs.jpg
wjH3pPm.jpg
INi6kJL.jpg

They look great. Maybe the coolest looking leather I’ve seen on a boot. Toe looks more bulbous than regular lofgrens, no?

I think a lot of “normal” people would see a cut of leather with that many “imperfections” (those scars in the hide are pretty noticeable) and discount them as being flawed. Not us denim / leather freaks.

I have a Brompton leather sofa that is covered in scars like thisCharacter like that is one of the main reasons I bought it. It’s probably too heavy for footwear but I’ve always thought it would look great on a boot.

Finally sent my bounty hunters in for a resole after almost 4 years. A little concerned about the vamp after cleaning and oiling them before shipping out.

20190927_125023.jpg

20190927_125125.jpg

@Broark Unless I’m looking at it wrong, it looks like S&S is trying to appeal to the riders regarding having a bulbous toe instead of the narrow toe Lofgrens usually have.  Either way, half soles are not great for riding IMO.  Too much damage to the sole including durability and traction.

@mlwdp I think it could be the angle of some of the photos making the toe appear more rounded. But I’m not sure as I don’t have them in hand yet. Plus I don’t ride so no matter to me. :D

Posted (edited)

What's the hotness on a flat toe engineer boot for $500? Brand new I can still get the red wings from Snake Oil Provisions...Zip from Santa Rosa can build me a boot/remake me one for $495..

EDIT: I ordered the Red Wing 2268. Photos when they arrive next week!

Edited by knucks

Wesco Facebook posted a few images of a customer’s aging anniversary horsehide Boss.

F1DA6039-C859-4710-9422-D01A2CEB1601.png

95186F0F-7A38-4E0F-9C88-1225EA177C8B.png

E5DA5A81-F0AA-4557-B161-FE07F213D5A2.png

Now, here is where it gets weird.

Apparently, there was an alternative 100th anniversary Horsehide collection released made in the form of two jobmaster styles and Boss, made for Mad Max in Shanghai.  

I couldn’t find much info about it other than that Mad Max is recognized as a official retailer of Wesco.

8CC0F8F4-6678-43B8-8CA5-EAD12D249BA6.jpeg

1C72BA4C-B102-470F-856A-D8904F28B53E.jpeg

14AC10BE-487E-4343-85E4-217AF59785EC.jpeg

4EAA39D5-ADBF-4539-890A-1280387473E9.jpeg

AA7D0713-F807-48C6-B2A4-25C2A4B34590.png

8F7BA96D-8D6C-41DB-9984-BAE548D614E2.png

12-year old Trickers, rebuilt by the Shoe Healer. Went for Dainite soles this time, for a bit more waterproofing.

DSCF9663.jpg

Very nice Paul, I had my (similar) Alfred Sargent Dumfries resoled and heeled through John Rushton a few years back and opted for the commando sole rather than leather.

Rushton did my furst Veldtschoen I remember now; what did he charge you?

Can’t remember exactly but I think it was about £75.

Just saw on Instagram that Wesco is doing shell cordovan, at least for the Black Bear Brand coming up. One in the form of a lace up boot and another in the Boss boot.  Yes, a shell cordovan Boss boot.

@Broark @edmond

BB4F71E9-66BC-46A1-98C9-04C0C7E5D656.png

Sheesh, can’t imagine what those will cost. I think if I ever do Wesco’s I’ll get some black horsehide engineer boots. I’d consider Clinch or Attractions, but the price of Clinch is so high and I don’t think Attractions would be big enough.

22 minutes ago, Broark said:

Sheesh, can’t imagine what those will cost. I think if I ever do Wesco’s I’ll get some black horsehide engineer boots. I’d consider Clinch or Attractions, but the price of Clinch is so high and I don’t think Attractions would be big enough.

Wesco's shell can't be as high as Role Club's shell engineers, at least at what I'm estimating.  Last time I saw a price for Role Club's in shell, I think I saw at least $2k. 

Recently picked up some Lofgren MTO Engineers in Choco and Black.  Just love em -- perfect fit, fit/finish, etc.  Thanks to John and the Sendai team, as well as the folks at Standard & Strange.

IMG_5625.JPG

Anybody want jewelry for their boots?

This item was created by turquoise jewelry brand LFC, produced by renowned turquoise expert Joe Dan Lowry. High quality turquoise was used for each individual item, which features a exquisite design crafted by experienced artists.

Although small, this item is a gift of superb craftsmanship.
As American brands that are both committed to high quality craftsmanship, White’s Boots and LFC were made for each other. This jewelry adds a touch of luxury and can completely change the impression of the boots.The turquoise jewelry, which comes in sets of two, is priced at ¥32,400. (Both boots belong to the editorial department).

This item is available at the STUMPTOWN Shibuya store, an authorized White’s Boots dealer. We also recommend this item as a gift for any boot lover.

http://www.clutchmagjapan.com/en/journal/1505120006

EBAB3127-052F-4F99-BE66-2130226CB844.jpeg

8E8539EB-FEDE-4D58-B873-F275E28F47FB.jpeg

B03EA6B8-9F3E-4255-88D0-44742F55A11A.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Can anyone identify these boots? Thanks

630CD94E-D87A-4FD8-ACE3-BCB83F782D67.jpeg.841ae08c47b1bbe6c8ac5ed7a785b2b2.jpeg

Edited by lance

McCoys but I don’t remember the model name.

Yep, Toys McCoy Surveyor botos. One of my favorites. 

Thanks, guys, much appreciated! Beautiful pair of boots.