kiya

Shoes that look better with age...

13 hours ago, dudewuttheheck said:

I have to say that I am extremely glad I got my Clinch boots when I did. The prices have gone up a lot since I ordered mine directly. I'm not saying they aren't worth the current prices, but I am glad I didn't have to spend that much to get mine. That said, I do believe they're the best engineers around, though you could argue Role Club as well.

What did you pay? If memory serves me they were expensive but not $1950

Gorgeous. If only that last fit my narrow feet :(. Ah well, Wescos should arrive soon...!

Yeah, it’s too bad, they’d match your style well Aries! :unsure2:

4 hours ago, Aries said:

Gorgeous. If only that last fit my narrow feet :(. Ah well, Wescos should arrive soon...!

What Wescos did you get?

19 hours ago, mlwdp said:

What Wescos did you get?

Went for the Van Cleefs III.

Van-Cleef-III-worn-5-months-02-with-text

On 9/21/2019 at 7:05 AM, mlwdp said:

I’m fine in my Wescos.  The price was great  for Horsehide.

True that hommie

Stick to 850 bucks attractions than lofgrens bitches 

Oh oh oh butthurrrtt

Horsebutthurt

On 9/21/2019 at 4:35 AM, knucks said:

What did you pay? If memory serves me they were expensive but not $1950

I paid at least $500 less.

Those Lofgrens look amazing @Iron Horse

Wesco Japan has a new website with more options such as color threads, soles, and roller buckles.  Unfortunately, only the US website offers Horsehide options.

https://japan.wescoboots.com/

2AF0542E-0FB2-4DF5-9587-9AFBE3B6F18F.png

4343910F-F247-4A89-929D-92A94EF80F39.png

CDB7B139-3DF0-4A05-8DC0-497D193F8517.png

50725795-87C4-4AE3-BC70-3663867C445E.png

BC2BAECA-501F-41B9-AE43-CD07AC53A133.png

Edited by mlwdp

No rush, but I'm looking to do one more boot purchase of either a Smoke jumper or Wesco boss again sometime in November.

I'll admit that I was on the fence about these moc toe boots from Lofgren, but they do look pretty nice.

Edited by Broark

^ I went in on the preorder. Was on the fence too, but my RW 1907s are starting to really show their age, and in the end I couldn't resist. Really looking forward to them.

Gonna see how the Devil’s Causeway boots fit and I might get in on them too. Did you go for the color I posted above?

I feel bad paying that much for a moc toe whether it's Lofgren or not.

A grail moc toe for me was when Nick's boots did a limited run of their moc toes that were merely a experimental project.  I posted them in this thread about a few years ago. 

Can’t get into moc toes. They always look so bulbous and like clown shoes to me. 
also Being in Seattle where it pisses rain all the time. The stitching in the top of the toe lets in a lot of water. Especially when you don’t notice a puddle. 

^ I've worn my RW Moc's in the rain plenty and no water's ever gotten through. Personally, it's just about my favorite design for a boot, and it's sad to me how few folks seem to do a nice job of it without getting too loud. Those Nicks look really great too, for that matter.

Broark, yeah, ended up going with that color. Was real tempted by the green, but I expect to wear these ~3ish days a week for a good chunk of the year and I don't really feel like being known as that green boots guy.

1 hour ago, ecsong187 said:

Can’t get into moc toes. They always look so bulbous and like clown shoes to me. 
also Being in Seattle where it pisses rain all the time. The stitching in the top of the toe lets in a lot of water. Especially when you don’t notice a puddle. 

Minus Danner, who is currently doing some weird fashion forward designs courtesy of ABC mart, none of the other big PNW boot companies are doing moc toes probably for the reasons you said regarding rainy weather.

Speaking of Danner, these are not bad.    DANNER X LIGHTNING 8068 COLLABORATION

https://clutch-cafe.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/danner-x-lightning-collaboration?variant=17007818080299

01a_640x640.jpg

02_640x640.jpg

07_640x640.jpg

2 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

^ I've worn my RW Moc's in the rain plenty and no water's ever gotten through. Personally, it's just about my favorite design for a boot, and it's sad to me how few folks seem to do a nice job of it without getting too loud. Those Nicks look really great too, for that matter.

Broark, yeah, ended up going with that color. Was real tempted by the green, but I expect to wear these ~3ish days a week for a good chunk of the year and I don't really feel like being known as that green boots guy.

Maybe I had a bad pair since they also leaked water in where the sole was stitched and the top of the moc toe. But I’m usually working in conditions where my entire toe box is submerged in water and mud. 
I have some whites and honestly can’t see myself wearing any other boots from now on. The quality and fit is perfect. 

10 minutes ago, ecsong187 said:

I have some whites and honestly can’t see myself wearing any other boots from now on. The quality and fit is perfect. 

Nick's is still waiting for you. :D

I want to try JK Boots 

I believe they started from a former nicks employee. Ha 

1 hour ago, ecsong187 said:

I want to try JK Boots 

I believe they started from a former nicks employee. Ha 

The question is, does JK share the same brutal break in period of their boots like Nick's does?

The lead time for shipping looks extremely fast!

What are jk boots?

Must be JL who copies redwing 

moc toes these days

34 minutes ago, edmond said:

What are jk boots?

They're Nick's boots twin brother, with higher pricing and probably the same evil break in period and weight if not heavier.

https://www.jkboots.com/

On 9/30/2019 at 5:01 AM, ecsong187 said:

This happpened to my RW875s after the stitching started to split. I put some Vaseline in the split areas of the moc and no rain got in again. YMMV though!  

Red Wing Pecos 8845

8845 pecos, about a week’s worth of wear