kiya

Shoes that look better with age...

Ha correct mate, though having to sell the Lofgren due to my stupid thin feet.

Could make them work but would take a lot if modifying, rather pass them to someone with an average/wide foot, which is what they're made for.

Whats the beat socks out there? I just need a white socks for my shoes heavy and the most natural materials as possible. Tube construction is preffered

Hows the sizing on those 8189??? Narrow?

I do a 9e on 875's

The toe box is narrow but the instep is pretty wide; just needed to put an insole in.

These are 10E and I wear 10E in the 875 too.

Ohhhh thnx buddy

Whats the beat socks out there? I just need a white socks for my shoes heavy and the most natural materials as possible. Tube construction is preffered

darn tough seems pretty good.

recently fell in love with the max cushion hunt sock.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GUDL4X2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tender has some excellent tube socks as well; I picked up a few pairs from Standard and Strange last month and they're definitely my favorite socks right now (even beating out Kapital, who I thought had reached the zenith of sock craftsmanship...)

I personally prefer my Kapital socks to my Tender socks. Regardless, both are top notch. I have a pair of woad mohair Tender socks that turned my feet blue for the first 5-10 wears... that was always fun

By the way, some early updates on my Truman boots, about two months in with relatively heavy wear (lots of scrambling and shuffling through the snowy winter so far...)

image.jpg

image.jpg

edit: anyone more knowledgeable about leather have some tips for caring for the waxed flesh on these? they don't seem like they need it yet but it'd be good to know for the future.

Edited by chicote

^ Feed with oil and dub the surface with wax when you feel like it :)

Sagara"Liberty Boots" cherry vegtan

after resole n some leather treatment

P_20161210_162416_HDR01_zpskwatky4l.jpg

^ UK/Aus sizing, at regular width it is true to Brannock's if wearing thin to medium socks. Size up half or even one if you like wearing thicker socks.

E.g. I can wear the Stow from UK size 8 to 9 depending on socks.

With White's/Wesco/Nick's I wear US size 8.5 to 9.

Edited by mikecch

White's is stepping up their game in the casual boot market. This is a prototype on a 'Barrie' last and Dainite sole.

caaf786a_20161228_181840.jpeg2553856e_20161228_182247.jpeg

Mike thanks. I'm a USA brannock 9D. Slightly in the narrow side. Dot have an opportunity to try on.

Seems to be no consensus whether to go TTS which would be a U.K. 8. Or drop only to a U.K. 8.5.

Also how do you find the heel. Worried a bit about slippage on that last which I hear runs closer to a USA e then d

White's is stepping up their game in the casual boot market. This is a prototype on a 'Barrie' last and Dainite sole.

Whilst this market is getting crowded with say the AE HIGGINS MILL and the merchant boot. Those look very fine. I like a more pronounced and louder white welt stitch though.

can anyone help with some tricker's stow sizing advice.....please let me know..thanks

Stow boots are generally true to size, but they are roomier than their other boots, because they are made to be worn with thicker socks. I am UK size 9 and I wear stow in size 9.

Some people go half size down for this reason. If you don't wear thin socks and don't like snug instep then no point sizing down.

I think Mikkech is the first person I have heard/read about sizing up in the Stow boot!

Mike thanks. I'm a USA brannock 9D. Slightly in the narrow side. Dot have an opportunity to try on.

Seems to be no consensus whether to go TTS which would be a U.K. 8. Or drop only to a U.K. 8.5.

Also how do you find the heel. Worried a bit about slippage on that last which I hear runs closer to a USA e then d

I am between US 9 d and US 9 e.

Think you should be OK with UK 8. Yes, the last is a little wider than average.

I think Mikkech is the first person I have heard/read about sizing up in the Stow boot!

Maybe I have strange feet...or strange socks.

Speaking of Trickers, I got my 5th pair of 2016 (4 pairs of boots and 1 pair of shoes) ...this time their Monkey Boots.

Edited by Niro

I think they look absolutely great.

Indeed a beautiful boot, though I wonder if it'll still have some sort of arch ease?

Indeed a beautiful boot, though I wonder if it'll still have some sort of arch ease?

probably will be similar to the Bakers Oxford by Whites.  There's arch support but much less pronounced than their standard arch support in their boots.

Tube construction is preffered

Tube construction???  What, you don't have feet on the ends of your legs?  How do you wear boots?  Let's not be ridiculous here.

can anyone share their experience sizing the White's Oxford?

It would be especially helpful if anyone could compare them to Nick's Boots, White's Bounty Hunter or Red Wings

Ridiculous? Your a bot arent you?

can anyone share their experience sizing the White's Oxford?

It would be especially helpful if anyone could compare them to Nick's Boots, White's Bounty Hunter or Red Wings

so I have a smoke jumper and a pair of oxfords.  both 10D.  The oxford was a bit loose in the heal so I had them slim it to a C width but in all honesty they are about the same.  

I will add that I got these 3-4 years ago and the SJ's are cleanly constructed, not at all like some of the gargabge Whites spit out and people tried to justify.  The Oxfords on the other hand are sloppy.  Wonky stitching in places and some glue stuck to the rough out leather.  That said they are bulletproof.  

Edited by garden gnomes in space