Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

My RDT left boot after one day on the motorcycle.  It took a beating from the shifter peg.  Party just CXL stuff, but also the high toe means it's a bit difficult to get it under the pedal for upshifting.  Not planning to make them regular motorcycle boots.

PB062888_zps6pp5y0u2.jpg

PB062893_zpseg9zme2j.jpg

Also to actually contribute, I flattened out the toe box of my Real McCoys N-1s yesterday (dip the front in hot water for 10 mins, then smooth down with your thumb).

Worked a treat, much lower profile now.

edit: about 1.5 years owned, probably 6 solid months of wear.

FullSizeRender_zps0twn7wb4.jpg

FullSizeRender_zpskzkol9ai.jpg

Aries.

Thanks for that. I did just that and the toe profile is much, much better. (I hate those bulbous toe profiles).

For the record, these are kicking my ass at the moment. Have to man-up and break them in.  The sole is super rigid. Lovely boots though.

Toys Mccoys released some really sweet looking boots, as expensive as trickers or alden cordovan boots though. 

Sometimes you come across boots and all you can think is "WANT WANT WANT". That's me with these haha

tma1626-030.jpg

Edited by Niro

Haven't been getting the shoe marts seconds list for alden anybody has this issue?

Mine has been going into my spam folder in my Gmail recently. No idea why but I hadn't got one for a while and all of them from the past couple of months had been sitting in there  

Truman boots, the leather is stone Mohawk from CF Stead.

Two full weeks over 1 month. The wax bloom is starting rub off in some areas. The pull tabs are completely free of the bloom now.

uTMB4Ai.jpgTLbLvsM.jpg02YjDLW.jpg

HpA1fnI.jpg

Edited by mikecch

So i made a mistake, these are the 2nd version of the RRL engineer boots, not the julian ones. Based on the pics i thought they were the Julians, no bother tho as these are pretty damn sweet. Here's vintage engineer boots comparison of the new pair vs the julians. Thankfully i was confident these weren't the latest "murdock" version 

http://vintageengineerboots.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/rrl-engineer-boots-comparison.html

Here's the pics that i was working with from the ebay seller. He also only had these labelled as RRL boots which probably reduced the number of views on his item page 

k9yLxJw.jpg

zjUNHg0.jpg

This is after a lexol cleaning and conditioning last night followed by some brushing. I will ran out of saphir reno the other week so once i get some more these will look even better. 

vLDsJf4.jpg

dru3s6M.jpg

T9eSprR.jpg

The shaft is insanely tight on these, so much so that i need a plastic bag on my foot to get them on and off. I will get some womens tights and wear those for the time being until the shaft opens up a bit for my massive foot. Once they are on tho they are extremely comfortable and the leather seems to be in great shape other than a bit of creasing. 

I may need a new cats paw heel soon but i doubt these will see much wear until the next aussie winter

most of aussie superdenimbros are in melb (aries, badseed, mikecch)? okisan in sydney, louisbosco in perth, who else? there used to be a dude in canberra and that girl who loved mf and billykirk stuff, also in the berra.

most of aussie superdenimbros are in melb (aries, badseed, mikecch)? okisan in sydney, louisbosco in perth, who else? there used to be a dude in canberra and that girl who loved mf and billykirk stuff, also in the berra.

HEY I AM IN SYDNEY!!!!! 

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...