Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

This is actually going to be pretty daily(office job) but they won't get much walking use sitting at a desk most of the time. Id thought about some trickers via grained etc but have no idea about their lasts. Im a 10ee on brannock and looking for something with a rounder, less pointy profile.

Edited by SuperJackle

SJ - here's maybe a controversial suggestion; 

https://www.grantstoneshoes.com/ 

Heddels had a post on them a while ago. Made in China and a direct knock off of Alden PTB. Apparently the last is also a knock off of the Tru Balance last. Personally, I don't have any issues with them, I think they look great in pics, and am seriously considering a pair for myself. I'd buy these before AE. 

they are super comfy and nice and have a good arch support too they extended the back heel counter to support the arch which is superb! i wear a size 8 on these i wear an 8.5e on whites semi dress boots and a 9e on alden longwing bluchers

Custom buffalo Classic Dress boots. Double-mid sole. 3 years. Once a week wear.

Saphir creme polish lightly used once every 2 or 3 months.

fvMtEmA.jpg

Edited by mikecch

Custom buffalo Classic Dress boots. Double-mid sole. 3 years. Once a week wear.

Saphir creme polish lightly used once every 2 or 3 months.

fvMtEmA.jpg

this is fucking beautiful! just love the way the leather creases. who from? whites??

Edited by louisbosco

Hello, any opinions on the Chippewa general utility service boots. How do they compare to Red Wings. Over here in Germany, they are about the same price wise. 

Thanks in advance

if you can find them in the "Brown Bomber" leather, it is phenomenal. It is basically an oiled roughout. The "Chocolate Moss" suede looks good too. I've seen some very ugly creasing with their other smooth leathers.

It was brown (or burgundy?) buffalo... This was almost 4 years ago though.

I don't see the option anymore. Or was it a special requests?

I can't remember, best ask Baker's.

Edited by mikecch

Just browsing Real McCoys' stuff and noticed their bear head boot available for a whopping 100k yen. Anyone know the big difference between Real McCoys' bear heads and Toys McCoy surveyors? To justify a 35k yen difference, anyway. Cosmetically very similar, is it the difference in leathers?

Bear Head - http://www.realmccoys-nagoya.co.jp/?pid=95308718 

Surveyors - http://toys-mccoy.shop-pro.jp/?pid=37898706 

They looks great for 2 weeks of wear! 

I usually smash my toe off of a door or something within a week. Took a massive gouge out of my cxl vibergs the other day :( 

I'm interested to see how this leather ages, so far its looking great on this pair you have

Just browsing Real McCoys' stuff and noticed their bear head boot available for a whopping 100k yen. Anyone know the big difference between Real McCoys' bear heads and Toys McCoy surveyors? To justify a 35k yen difference, anyway. Cosmetically very similar, is it the difference in leathers?

Bear Head - http://www.realmccoys-nagoya.co.jp/?pid=95308718 

Surveyors - http://toys-mccoy.shop-pro.jp/?pid=37898706 

The RMC do use horse which I *think* is more expensive, and the horse RMC uses is super crazy nice.

i still cant help but laugh at how to me TMC and RMC products often look like bootlegs of each other. I know riffing off the same old material etc... but that green/red stitching on the heel?!

My conspiracy theory is that the company never truly split up.

How would you even split a company like that? 

Wouldn't they have all the same manufacturing facilities, personnel, policies, locations etc? I always thought they were one company lol 

Stupid question, how large of a leg opening do you tend to need to wear engineer boots? 

I've found a nice pair of RRL by Julian boots in my size that i may save up for...wondering if my Samurai 710xx in 35 with a, 8.5" leg opening would work...

it depends on the width of the shaft, but I'd say no. I have a pair of Porkys 66's that are exactly 8,5 wide and they look weird with engineers, too narrow. I like how my TCB 60's look with the engineers and the width is 23,5 cm/9,25 inches.

PKojIsh.jpg

this is how the 50's look with engineers, the hem width is 24,5 cm/9,60 inches

P93KHHc.jpg

Stupid question, how large of a leg opening do you tend to need to wear engineer boots? 

I've found a nice pair of RRL by Julian boots in my size that i may save up for...wondering if my Samurai 710xx in 35 with a, 8.5" leg opening would work...

IMO they look better with classic straight leg or boot cut jeans. 710xx too slim in the legs~

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...