Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

I love the look of collapsed toes, especially with slimmer jeans. They may get a bit of hate here due to the fact it seems like there is a large transition to wider leg jeans which look silly with a collapsed toe and a slimmer boot. 

a reddit user posted a pic of his 1 year old brown cxl vibergs with gyw and the collapsed toe on it is amazing 

8ijb8BL.jpg

I love the look of collapsed toes, especially with slimmer jeans. They may get a bit of hate here due to the fact it seems like there is a large transition to wider leg jeans which look silly with a collapsed toe and a slimmer boot. 

Depends on the boot, I suppose.

Attractions look pretty good with wider leg jeans, IMO.  B)

P.063-730x1015.jpg

What are people's thoughts on insoles? Thinking of getting some for my Toys McCoy, think my narrow feet just need a bit of grip.

Then again maybe the boots might just need more breaking in.

Any conventional wisdom for/against, or recommendations?

What are people's thoughts on insoles? Thinking of getting some for my Toys McCoy, think my narrow feet just need a bit of grip.

Then again maybe the boots might just need more breaking in.

Any conventional wisdom for/against, or recommendations?

Personally, I'd try to wait a bit longer for the insoles. I have a feeling the break in period for those Toys will be a while (just a hunch). Once the sole starts to become more flexible it should alleviate a bit of the movement your foot may have in the boot 

If its possible rock some thicker socks for a while and see if that helps, I'd avoid insoles as long as you can since you will never really get the true boot experience with an insole blocking your foot from all that sweet sweet leather 

Ha yeah that's the concern, I've got some kind of feeling of 'authenticity' will be lost with insoles.

On the other hand, as IH well points out, sometimes insoles just completely solves the feeling of the boot on your foot.

Once the insole takes on your footprint a bit they should not feel as big.  I tend to always feel like I sized incorrectly when i get new boots but once they break in its all good.  I say give it some time, unless you are sliding all over the place.  Proper fit >> boot authenticity

Oh nice, would love some brown horsehide of some sort. Will be in touch down the line!

I've got a pair of Viberg Hopper boots coming later this fall to see if I really like the engineer boot style since I've never tried them.

White's. 3 years. Worn once a week.

Nice looking White's. Buffalo leather? What model & last? Cheers! mpp

I started wearing my Trickers boots the other week, and I really dislike the Dainite sole. I think it's because London has so many tactile paving surfaces (those textured paving slabs/tiles that assist blind/visually impaired people), and stepping on those with dainite sole does not feel stable at all.

I am thinking of getting it removed already for commando sole

Agreed! I have Stows in both commando and Dainite soles - the commando is definitely the one to go for if you're doing anything resembling work or long distance walking. The Dainite is more wobbly, doesn't grip as well, and you definitely "feel the road" a lot more.

The Dainite is a good compromise between a leather sole and functionality for more formal occasions, and as such they belong on dressier footwear.

Speaking of Tricker's Stow:

oqptzwO.jpg

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...