Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

Hard to deny that Viberg's 310 is pretty badass..

I think of all the boot manufacturers wouldn't whites be the best to avoid a tapered last? I'm sure you can get something nice and chunky. Unlike viberg who only fucking makes lame pretty-boy lasted boots...

^ Incidentally, now that u posted up a link, Munson last is equivalent to 2040 @E-width, w/c is the same as 2030 & 1035. Due to the shape & profile of the toe 2030 is a bust for me. I can do 1035 & 2040 @TTS, tho' I'm most comfy on a 2045 due to the last config__ I am E-EE w/ heels on the narrow side of medium.

I think of all the boot manufacturers wouldn't whites be the best to avoid a tapered last? I'm sure you can get something nice and chunky. Unlike viberg who only fucking makes lame pretty-boy lasted boots...

Thank you. I've struggled to find the words to describe how I feel about Viberg.

Hard to deny that Viberg's 310 is pretty badass..

It wouldn't be much of a "Denim Experience" if u stuck exclusively w/ just 1 brand, like Flathead, would it !?

Same w/ boots. I know there's a plethora of 2030 versions right now. It can be disappointing to [finally] stumble into a make up u truly like, only to find out they're on the 2030.

Incredible as it seems, but there is a last [almost] for every1 somewhere in Vibergdom__ just gotta have the interest & patience to look & wait for the right pair to be made__ & not get swayed by the hype ... nor the negs.

For me, the best part, is taking that journey myself to find out__ just as it was w/ indigo denim several yrs back ... ;)

Edited by BrownMetallic

I ended up getting some osb trench boots because they were half price, so I figured why the hell not and I'm pretty sure the last is exactly what I need. Only problem is now I've been reading that there was some kind of backlash over on style forum about some QC issues with the boot, the owners were being shitty about it etc. Now that thread is locked and it cannot be accessed? Can anyone shed some light on this? I've never been a style forum member and probably would have never read about this at the time anyway.

After determining it would cost me about 60% of what I paid for my Wolverine 1K's new to do a proper full resole I decided to just pull the trigger on what I consider my holy grail boots and purchased some Wolverine 1K's LTD in Shell.  Obviously not a hugely grail boot for most but I absolutely love the look of the 1K's even if this edition doesn't use the exact last nor is it even made by Wolverine.  I have a hard time finding shell boots that I don't consider overly "dressy" and Viberg shell boots are over the $1000 mark.  I'll probably go to my local cobbler and get a vibram half sole slapped on them because the leather sole only lasted me about 2 years.

I can post pics of my old Wolverines but they're just beat up 1K's in cordovan color.  Something I'm sure everyone has seen a million times.

Looking forward to updates! I was thinking about getting some black derbies from them as well.  Can anyone comment on the difference/sizeing of the Hill last and the derby/workboot last? I have a pair of boots on the latter, but I sort of prefer the look of the Hill last. 

I'm having a custom Oxford shoe made by William Lennon at the moment.
Triple leather sole, internal lining, still need to make up my mind on which kind of leather, they suggested their own pull up leather.
They suggested me two different lasts..
Army last:
AB517998-4BF2-4162-9E2D-C9E6E4742522_zps

Hills shoe last:
2AF66C8F-2560-4F63-9184-5B0649FF2D01_zps

I'll go bold (and clown!) with the hill shoe last. Very excited about this!

Edited by superBobo

Dunno yet, and also Libs must be in vacation as she has stopped to reply to my emails one week ago. shoe specs are set I just need their payment details to send at least a deposit to lock in the order. it will them take about 5 weeks to get the boots.

Edited by volvo240thebest

6 months ago I bought a pair of Iron Rangers and I'm very happy with them.

I sense that Lennon boots are much a better quality for roughly the same retail price. design is quite different and they might not be everyone's cup of tea though.

I am about to order a pair I'll tell you more hopefully soon..

Will probably get negged for that, but I think RW offfer among the best value for Money. All my pairs held up nicely over many years. Of course White's, Wesco and Viberg have nice leather, the whole construction and feel is better, but just in terms of purpose they're not twice or three times better IMO. You might just shoot almostnice a PM about recent models, he's honest and just a bit biased.

That said, the last Chippewa models I saw where about the same Price range and looked really nice and way more uniqe than the common RW. But I can't comment on their Quality.

Edited by Max Power

Agree with Max,for the price RW are solid boots. I was in a Berlin denim shop a few weeks ago comparing Chippewa boots, nice looking pair of boot, but the guy in the shop was saying that for the price RW were superior quality.

I've heard that the quality of the new Chippewa boots isn't great and that Red Wings are better. I've had a pair of 875 moc toes for about 4-5 years and have no complaints at all. I did buy them in a sale at about half the standard UK RRP. I wouldn't have paid full price as they are far too expensive in this country IMHO.

same here I wouldn't pay retail for rw as they're sold crazy expensive in Italy. there are sales and there is a huge amount of people who mis-size them and resell on Ebay. got my pair of IR on the bay for 150 Eur these had probably 10 wears or so, nearly new.

I always keep an eye on the bay, I hope to snag a nice pair of pecos sometimes.

Edited by volvo240thebest

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...