Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

These aren't heavy duty boots, but i figured i would post them anyway! I just got my new Yuketen Sami moccasins in last week. Ordered through Yuketen's MTO program, which allowed me to get split sizes for my differently sized feet! My best fitting pair of shoes yet.

Can't wait to see how these age, they are made out of Horween's Tan Latigo.

KbiJq52.jpg

Yuketen has the coolest shoe bags. Looks like the tag is made out of red waxed flesh, which is pretty cool.

Sq7asm4.jpg

4g8Vn2g.jpg

1e1PKmH.jpg

xUhVc53.jpg

They look super comfortable, and it isn't all about heavy boots in this thread man. There was a time when English bench made shoes dominated this thread, and even though they aren't really my thing I do kind of miss those days as they were very educational.

After much deliberation, I've decided to sell my Chippewa 6" Service Boots in Crazy Horse. I really do like the boots, they are just not wide enough in the forefoot for me. About 20+/- days of wear. Following the clicky in my sig for price. Cheers! mpp 

20150621_114644_zps3rmnccqq.jpg

I'm also selling this pair of Russell Moccasin Joe's PH Safari 7" boots. I bought them used form Russell's eBay store, and didn't wear them. Following the clicky in my sig for price. Cheers! mpp 

20150621_112656_zpsu0ocglbp.jpg

Fit photo of my most unVIBERG-like 1 of a kind 'bergs. Quite frankly, 'not sure if I can actually pull off this somewhat retro vibe @1st glance, but I really liked the uniqueness of the make up & noticed how well they were made__ upon close inspection.

Chances of snagging a pair of service boots make up that appeal to me will always be out there, but [these] will never be made, ever.

As mentioned in initial post, 'particular steeze is not for every1. I like trying/discovering stuff. 'Seem to go well w/ more repro cuts, IMO ... will post waywt when ableðŸ˜

B4B0CE93-DFD8-4621-B370-937A88FE121B.jpg

Edited by BrownMetallic

These are sadly too small for me; Last and Loom 'The Boot'

Handmade in New Zeland - Brass wire screw construction is very nice as is the full grain hide and Raw Cord sole. Really Sorry the i sized them incorrectly

iBaf3Nb.jpg

For Sale: Here

Thanks

Edited by UkeNo

I've been a fan of my rainbow moccashoes but those are made with crappy leather and with crappy construction. I'm looking for their replacement for a comfy, casual, and bitchin everyday shoe. 

So I'm thinking of starting a "These Shoe" fund for these shoes:

LaKBncF.jpg

http://www.yuketen.com/shop/sports-chukka-flesh-out-peanut

Are their crepe soles worth it? I feel like it'd feel a lot better on the feet than the flat vibram stuff, but it also says to avoid petroleum based products as they might dissolve. I don't really want to be changing shoes to go to the gas station or anything.

But I'm really a fan of casual leather shoes or boots in this vein if anyone has different or better suggestions.

Edited by Coolguyzack

Hey, I'm needing suggestions. I'm looking for some new boots that are black and can take a good shine. A bit dressier - less vintage. I found something close to what I'm looking for from RL but their prices are ridiculous for the quality and I think I can find something better for less money from a company that specializes in shoes/boots. Any suggestions. I've included a photo showing the RL boots.

Thanks.

rlboots.jpg

I was disappointed when Clarks shifted all manufacturing overseas (and, par for the course, began using the term "ORIGINALS") but they are still a comfortable, long-lasting shoe.  About a year into a pair of the sand suede and they show no signs of giving up.  Really liking the look of the beeswax and will probably go that route if I ever pick up another pair.

Edited by HGS

Hey, I'm needing suggestions. I'm looking for some new boots that are black and can take a good shine. A bit dressier - less vintage. I found something close to what I'm looking for from RL but their prices are ridiculous for the quality and I think I can find something better for less money from a company that specializes in shoes/boots. Any suggestions. I've included a photo showing the RL boots.

Thanks.

rlboots.jpg

Zuriick William Black. Love mine!

I was disappointed when Clarks shifted all manufacturing overseas (and, par for the course, began using the term "ORIGINALS") 

that and the fact that they're $130 now. not worth it imo. for a little more you can just get some red wing chukkas that are miles better.

I was disappointed when Clarks shifted all manufacturing overseas (and, par for the course, began using the term "ORIGINALS") but they are still a comfortable, long-lasting shoe.  About a year into a pair of the sand suede and they show no signs of giving up.  Really liking the look of the beeswax and will probably go that route if I ever pick up another pair.

aprrox what year did this take place?

Clarks are now made in Thailand or Vietnam. I bought a pair of Wallabees in 2002 that were made in Portugal I think. I've no idea when they last made any footwear here in England or if they still do for any specific ranges, special editions, etc.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

for anyone on the hunt for a pair of desert boots I whole heartedly reccomend Astorflex.

the quality of leather and crepe sole they use is much better than Clark's originals. and they're also slighty less expensive. made in Italy, italian leathers.

here some infos in English

http://after-the-denim.blogspot.it/2013/03/astorflex-desert-boots.html

Clarks are now made in Thailand or Vietnam. I bought a pair of Wallabees in 2002 that were made in Portugal I think. I've no idea when they last made any footwear here in England or if they still do for any specific ranges, special editions, etc.

I have a pair stored away from god knows what year, would be interesting to see.

250 GBP for a pair of clarks desert boots takes the piss. They are the same last and materials, only the colour is different to normal models.

The wallabees are half the price of a pair of redwing chukkas by the way.

Where are u from mate?

There's a couple shops in UK selling them.

Many shops in Italy have them of course and it was also possible to buy direct from Astorflex, but not now as far as I can see.

Their website looks to be in Italian only, for your fine understanding!

Here's the uk shop

http://thehipstore.co.uk/collections/astorflex

Pity it doesn't stock the better models which are the not suede ones!

I am replying from an iPhone now let me check out some Italian websites the first time I have access to a laptop (possibly on Monday!)

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...