kiya

Shoes that look better with age...

Decided to finish dubbin my boondockers, now completely covered and ready for the wet!

photo_zps75857fc5.jpg

I'd love to see more photos.  I got a pair recently and have been loving them so far.

will do, when I can get some daylight at the weekend.

thinfinn what make and model are those mate? they are very nice!

those are a pair if viberg serviceboots in brown horsehide leather, built on the 310last + a few other features (cap toe, dainite sole and heel, leather laces)!...

those are a pair if viberg serviceboots in brown horsehide leather, built on the 310last + a few other features (cap toe, dainite sole and heel, leather laces)!...

Very, very nice man, a bit out of my league right now but when i start wearing holes in my 1000 miles I think i will take a close look at those service boots! Although these William Lennon boots are real value for money and top notch quality too!!

http://www.williamlennon.co.uk/footwear/178-tan-waxy-leather-sole-boot.html

...Also I emailed them and they have chromexel in stock that they can make those out of!! Nice

The William Lennon boots in your link are an excellent value.  I wish they made half sizes, though.  A 9.5 would have been perfect, but a 10 was just a bit too large.  Even with an insole, I was never happy with the fit.  I ended up selling them, but they were some of the heaviest, most bulletproof feeling boots I've ever owned.

After putting it off for a year, I finally ordered a pair of the WL Dundas in brown today. Fingers crossed!

Here's my White's Nomad in Natural CXL

WP_20131114_001_1.jpg

Edited by smittybat

Today's Viberg...

null_zpse9e7ac4b.jpg

null_zps4fa6eaa7.jpg

http://www.williamlennon.co.uk/footwear/178-tan-waxy-leather-sole-boot.html

...Also I emailed them and they have chromexel in stock that they can make those out of!! Nice

Although these William Lennon boots are real value for money and top notch quality too!!

The William Lennon World War 1 B5 Boot is very nice and very tempting.

P1080749%20copy-big.jpg

Hey guis, just got these badass two-tone Russell triple vamp goodness for the winter.

1530kr9.jpg

1 - holy shit it's morse

2 - nice, how long was the wait? been thinking of a similar makeup lately since I love the chukkas I tried on in Japan, but couldn't get into the low height. too much heel slip.

Edited by Planetarium

Morse is back? With new boots? How long have I been asleep?

Look great Morse.

Hey guis, just got these badass two-tone Russell triple vamp goodness for the winter.

Brother morse. Very nice. You make me want more Russell moccasin.

Crosspost from the Flat Head thread: SKB-70H horsehide boots. 

glBO9xa.jpg

ZZtCWI4.jpg

760P2Ej.jpg

Expect plenty of updates on these; they'll be getting worn daily from now on.

Here's a pic of a pair that's been worn for two years.

r38QUkI.jpg

As promised, more pictures of my natural cxl nomads

Almost a year old now

10882694864_4caef1dba8_c.jpg

10882693904_7ca04265f8_c.jpg

10882578736_72ff455cdf_c.jpg

Hey boys, been a while.. Fresco has Russells, thin finn has cordovan.. Looks like I've been missing out! What's the wait on the Russells Fresco, like 6 months? This is my 3rd pair and they've been worth the wait every time.

Not sure why I have so much trouble posting pics to this board... I had intended to post some comparison pics for White's and Viberg that I have, but when I do my link (from Snapfish) it shows as an "X".  It would be so much easier if we could upload pics directly, as other sites do. But there is no way to do that, right...?

I have three pairs too. Mine too ages because of foot tracing issues but I'd rather get it right and take the time. Worth every second and every penny.

^^ here you go tod ;)

Some White's / Viberg comparison pics. I would say that Viberg clearly wins on quality and craftsmanship (check out the welt pics), but I find White's more comfortable..

PB162038.jpg

PB162039.jpg

PB162040.jpg

PB162042.jpg

PB162043.jpg

PB162045.jpg

PB162047.jpg

PB162050.jpg

Edited by ThinFinn

^ Cheers!
Edited by tod

Those are pretty good but the beef I have with Red Wings standard models and what tipped the Cabourn's into more desirable territory is, the soles. The regular boots have a very thin welt and midsole which I think are of too cheap a quality for a boot costing $300. If I bought them it would probably mean an immediate re-sole by someone who could beef up the materials used and then that would put the cost up into the $400+ range. Not sure I want to put that much money and work into a pair of Iron Rangers.

had a rough day the other day...sugarcane lone wolf's were a good choice!

blrt.jpg