Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

re: previous page, my normal wedding outfit these days include trickers ilkley in brown zug (half size too big, but got them on crazy discount) + a navy ripstop casual "suit" by nigel cabourn. i'm sure grenson or similar have a more affordable alternative.

Edited by conqueror

Apologies as I feel like I have asked this before (but I can't remember the answers, going back and checking now :blush:)...favorite Paraboot retailers?
Just looking for the Michael in lisse café or nubuck gringo (or maybe the Reims loafer as well) size 45.
I remember it being mentioned that buying from the UK or EU is the best bang for your buck and I'm confident in my sizing.

2 hours ago, Broark said:

Apologies as I feel like I have asked this before (but I can't remember the answers, going back and checking now :blush:)...favorite Paraboot retailers?
Just looking for the Michael in lisse café or nubuck gringo (or maybe the Reims loafer as well) size 45.
I remember it being mentioned that buying from the UK or EU is the best bang for your buck and I'm confident in my sizing.

Clutch Cafe or Son of a Stag for best pricing to the states. Totem Brand Co and Drinkswater Cambridge for U.S.-based stockists. Lost & Found in Canada is also worth a look. 

On 4/10/2022 at 5:47 PM, Broark said:

I'm planning on wearing a Freewheelers Jackson suit, received it a little bit ago but haven't gotten around to posting any photos.
It's a charcoal grey color, so the lighter tan color of the shoes would be nice to offset the grey / brown hues of the suit.
Definitely leaning towards Alden if I can find the right makeup, will keep searching. 
@MJF9 those burgundy derbies look great, I've always been interested in the 379X last but unfortunately they don't have my size available (either 11.5 or 12 depending on the last).
Love the look of these but a Japanese retailer certainly won't stock my size.

Perhaps these from The Flathead?

Horsehide Serviceman Shoes (Brown Tea-core)

L1020321_9151f9b6-f728-40f6-947a-b56a19a

Edit: Just saw, that max size seems to be US10.

Edited by indigoeagle
saw limited sizes

8 hours ago, Broark said:

The Modern Draper have your size and ship to the US, 20% off this weekend with EASTER20

Works out around $400

Anyone miss this yellow boots.. I recall this are 90s most sought-after boots at my place TIMBERLAND hey day.

Wearing this bring back my memory back then .. it's a club boots too :)

IMG_20220416_180850.jpg

IMG_20220416_180841.jpg

Edited by spidereye

3 hours ago, Geeman said:

Trashed timbers and faded denim :D

Late 80s /Early 90s daily wear for chilling or clubbing! 

Alternated with sneakers and tracky bottoms 

Memories :)

Just bought this 1930s boots still in prestine condition ,leather still pliable no cracks the entire sole is wooden pegs construction so rigid sensation when walking I love it thrift store isIMG_20220421_011854.thumb.jpg.1d7023f39924fbc8d6ee5d01d3fdd9ad.jpg full of surprise :)

This boot build like a tank.

IMG_20220421_004832.jpg

IMG_20220421_011911.jpg

IMG_20220421_011929.jpg

IMG_20220421_011948.jpg

^ when I first read that, at speed, I thought you said 'I'm a sucker for going commando'... fortunately it was a boot pic that followed, otherwise the thread police would have directed you to the blunders and nonsense thread...

Just got these secondhand Lone Wolf Carpenters in, off yahoo Japan for a pretty good price - finally got the sizing down after a couple of failed tries importing boots from Japan. For reference, I’m a us 9 brannock and took a 7.5 in these.

F2FC5A40-15BF-4046-9B58-825FBAD5A2C3.thumb.jpeg.a280693630620e7e5792b2fb9077c591.jpeg

They look to have had new soles glued on over the cats paw’s, which I guess I don’t mind, though I’d rather they had been properly resoled. The listing didn’t show any good pictures of the outsole so my fault for assuming they hadn’t been messed with.

4ACAE0D0-EC54-40A2-9CB5-58AF72CE99D5.thumb.jpeg.a021af47809ef7f89508ca7455048e02.jpeg

Also noticed the leather is cracking a bit around the welt - do you all reckon this might cause any issues down the line? Maybe this isn’t why they were properly resoled? Oh well, at least they fit and look good, and were cheap… if I gotta keep gluing new soles down every so often I guess that’s not so bad…

9A52256A-4012-4DD0-918C-371852521E83.thumb.jpeg.71e38785477569621829613265f4512a.jpeg

I have a pair of Toys McCoy surveyor that disintegrated the welt after only a couple of years. Pictures in this thread somewhere.

I don’t know if yours are going the same way but I wouldn’t have much confidence in that welt lasting long. 

a rewelt and sole cost me about £200 on those. 

Going change the sole to black 700 vibram and have silver roller buckles from Okuyama placed on them by Wesco.  Notice the rains spots.

C0391F51-5064-4CC5-9012-90BBDD387986.jpeg

Edited by mlwdp

My Wesco romeos after using Blackrock leather n rich got noticeably darker. Love burgundy domain leather. These are my favorite shoes to wear.

So, just a heads up on Blackrock leather n’ rich will darken your shoes and boots.

52DA19EB-3300-460A-AD81-E5FA32EFC73F.jpeg

CED8239F-568D-4C7E-AADD-6DCDA804F7F9.jpeg

512E4B59-241A-4A33-BEA2-E9CC86064196.jpeg

Best product for sorting some scuffs and scratches on horween? 

I primarily just use a stiff brush then mink oil on most of my boots so recommendations to deal with more than a clean and nourish?

After I get my silver roller buckles placed on my Wesco Boss by Wesco, debating on either Brian or Bakers doing the resole.  Bakers can do the resole to a black vibram 700 sole that Wesco doesn’t stock , and Brian can do his full sole.  Cost and time is going to be a factor.  

Bakers quoted me 2-4 months for $175, I’ve heard Brian supposedly does $220?

Just received my Paraboot Michael in nubuck gringo from Son Of A Stag, they had a restock so I made the jump.
Next up might be the Reims loafer, unless I decide to go with a pair of Alden suede ones.
I think the chunky look of the Reims might jive better with my style as of late.
9uxKN7S.jpg
MiAc3RE.jpg