Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

9 minutes ago, mlwdp said:

Are attractions engineer boots true to size?  I wear a size 7 but wear size 6 in Wesco boots.  Was measured at size 7.

I keep quoting this guy … but Jamie at East West Apparel  is the most helpful guy never mind the fact he actually gives you detailed comparisons on his website for a good range of brands

Attractions Biltbuck Lot 707

3 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

I keep quoting this guy … but Jamie at East West Apparel  is the most helpful guy never mind the fact he actually gives you detailed comparisons on his website for a good range of brands

Attractions Biltbuck Lot 707

I've been looking at a pair of Attractions from them also, but they're unfamiliar with Wesco sizing and it's what I'm most comfortable with, so I have mostly the same question as @mlwdp

3 hours ago, sensy said:

I've been looking at a pair of Attractions from them also, but they're unfamiliar with Wesco sizing and it's what I'm most comfortable with, so I have mostly the same question as @mlwdp

Are Wesco the only footwear you own?

I’ve found Wesco to be close to White’s, but in honesty if you are looking for a high level of precision then you’ll need the last details and the measurements of the foot of the person who is giving their opinion on the matter - that’s a challenge

Edited by Duke Mantee

On 2/14/2022 at 1:50 PM, mpukas said:

I ordered and received a pair of JL Black Cats M-43 from S&S. Unfortunately, they do not fit. Far too narrow. I thought they'd be a bit wider than they are, being made on the Munson last. I have JL Devil's Causeway engineer boots in 9 1/2, and they fit well. Just a little narrow in width and little long in length. 

As of February 01 2022, S&S changed their return policy. They no longer offer refunds, only exchanges and store credit. I'm working on an exchange with them. 

In the meantime, if anyone is interested in purchasing them, DM me. 

Just slightly too large for me. Oh well.

I rarely return things, but being able to is really one of the only benefits left from ordering from a US b+m store - as opposed to getting it cheaper from Japan (or wherever), as you often can. So, that's a bummer - I guess I likely won't be ordering from them as I am not a fan of getting something else other than what I was aiming for - that's just forced consumption - which seems to really go against their whole marketing ethos. 

Some early wear on my flat head engineers - cheomexcel scratches up real easy I’m realizing, lol. This is pretty much just from riding my bike around and a couple tire-kickin roadside repairs on my truck, otherwise I’ve been pretty sedentary. I don’t like how the left toe is creasing but feel like there’s not much i can do about it - hopefully it smooths out a bit in the future. About a month of real wear so far & no cleaning or maintenance.

B67BB19B-9AA0-45A0-9151-CF80DF5389D9.thumb.jpeg.ea0cabe1dcc7596f1125a8f603e34546.jpeg8EFDDAAE-4B2B-48B7-A246-10FBD1A92991.thumb.jpeg.ede3e7b73cf1bd182c7bb350699eacdf.jpeg830A9C94-A4B5-4F54-81B0-E8BF1D7C4BC4.thumb.jpeg.11ecf6529efb1256176c3b182fbf9150.jpeg

As an aside, anyone using any new leather conditioners they’re into? I’m about done with my bottle of saphir and looking to try something new.

@mlwdp Well, i spilled a little used oil on them on accident and kinda rubbed that in lol… my budget black shoe cream. I’ll prolly get some saphir for when I decide to treat them like the 900 dollar pair of boots they are :ph34r:

On 2/28/2022 at 4:17 PM, chicote said:

As an aside, anyone using any new leather conditioners they’re into? I’m about done with my bottle of saphir and looking to try something new.

You may already know, but Venetian shoe cream is a pretty good light treatment for CXL, will rub the scuffs out but not do much besides that.

Edited by tod

I really have no idea if he’s going for a look, or if they’re close to some vintage piece - but I really prefer that look over the collapsed toe box that became ‘fashionable’ a while back (something Clinch seem to champion).

I know, early 20th century, square toe boots were regarded as being better for those on their feet all day.