Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

39 minutes ago, Thanks_M8 said:

^great work by nicks, never knew they did repairs for other brands. Think they won the Moc-Toe-game with this :D

They stopped repairing other brands a while back but they reached out to me when they heard how whites treated me. 

The gauntlet has been thrown down. Incredible work! They're now a moc-toe SJ's. From what little I know of the history of the PNW boot makers, Otto taught Nick how to make boots, and then left to start his own company. 

@shredwin_206 we expect a report when you've had some wear on them. Congrats! 

This scope is what White's did for me years ago when I had my SJ's rebuilt. I think it's standard - the only parts that are kept are the upper leather, tongue and eyes. Cost is considerably less than a new pair of boots. I have wonder how much savings is there, considering how much is salvaged. 

@shredwin_206, that was an outstanding video! There was something so satisfying about watching them shape and nail the lowers.  Much appreciated!

just started breaking in my new RDT roots in brown horse butt.  The grain to this leather has some unreal character so excited to see what they turn into with some abuse.

8662D1FC-A95B-43D8-9725-4928FAB700CF.jpeg

E3ED50C7-B522-454F-8B9D-FD85D66A243F.jpeg

Speaking of Paraboot: Anyone looked into Ando Shoes / Function Pulse as an option for that style of French / Alpine / whatever sort of thing? Seems like they have good pedigree and some satisfied reviews, but not a whole lot of info floating around…

Considering them for a pair of trekking boots

Edited by julian-wolf

3 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

Speaking of Paraboot: Anyone looked into Ando Shoes / Function Pulse as an option for that style of French / Alpine / whatever sort of thing? Seems like they have good pedigree and some satisfied reviews, but not a whole lot of info floating around…

Considering them for a pair of trekking boots

Get yourself a good pair of halfs for some alpine style

Some nice Shinki offerings today.
Lofgren making a engineer in black and burgundy (I prefer black here):
lk-003-hb-blk1_600x.jpg?v=1636898849lk-003-hb-bgdy1_600x.jpg?v=1636898629
And Viberg has two 2040 service boots in black and brown releasing on the 29th.
Toss up on which color I like more...
Shinki_BlackSB_Desktop_Hero_3024x.jpg?v=
ShinkiTan_ServiceBoot_Mobile_Hero1_1080x

• 4 weeks later...

Here are my Oak Street Bootmakers Trench boots in color 8 chromexcel. I got these in 2015 and have worn them maybe 80-150 days a year since then. I think they've aged pretty nicely and have a ton of life left. I put pretty even wear on my soles and I'm not a very heavy guy so I get a lot of miles out of footwear. Also not a super into boots guy but some years back I had a commission to photograph the Horween tannery in Chicago and that experience convinced me I needed to get something made from their stuff. Had to go with a Chicago based (even though they're not assembled there) brand. I know OSB has some haters but I'd buy these again 10 out 10 times. 

IMG_9371.thumb.JPG.a95d83442dea625c3e11133b24463eed.JPGIMG_9372.thumb.JPG.c31319130a673b58070c3c8b73c9b4b1.JPGIMG_9373.thumb.JPG.a7457df61527a04f3eef2e626ae45cbe.JPGIMG_9528.thumb.JPG.b5235f5e3449aecafd9306593476b1e7.JPG