Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

17 hours ago, JDelage said:

I'm (again) interested in the RDT Casper. I've read that one should choose anywhere from 1 to 1.5 to 2 sizes down from Brannock device size. I'd love to hear from people who might have tried them on. I'm a 10.5, C width on Brannock for what it's worth, and I generally wear size 8.5 on UK-sized shoes (E. Green, Paraboots) ... Thank you.

I have a pair on the way in the coming weeks. I'll follow up with sizing notes when I have them.

On 9/22/2021 at 9:33 AM, Duke Mantee said:

My ‘Italian’ White’s - far and away my favourite boots given the patina and the comfort now the mileage is high

Remind me what makes them “Italian”? And what leather? (They look great.)

On 9/22/2021 at 10:34 PM, JDelage said:

I'm (again) interested in the RDT Casper. I've read that one should choose anywhere from 1 to 1.5 to 2 sizes down from Brannock device size. I'd love to hear from people who might have tried them on. I'm a 10.5, C width on Brannock for what it's worth, and I generally wear size 8.5 on UK-sized shoes (E. Green, Paraboots) ... Thank you.

My Coupen boots feel about a whole size larger than my Brannock size. They are not particularly wide I would say, but long and lots of volume.

no idea abt brannock but i wear 8.5uk in english shoes (cheaney) and 8.5us/26.5jp in coupen and like tod the coupen feels quite a bit larger especially for me in volume i put extra insoles in them. (this is only relevant if casper and coupen sizings are indeed similar)

Is anyone here getting involved with the Stitchdown Patina Thunderdome?

I signed up at the last minute.

Just got a pair of White's oxfords. No customization other than they did double stitching instead of the stock single. They did advise me on sizing based on a tracing of my feet.

I was surprised to find I'm an 11.5 C. I knew about the C width but expected to be an 11. Apparently some things never stop growing...

Shoes Front.jpg

13 hours ago, CSL said:

Is anyone here getting involved with the Stitchdown Patina Thunderdome?

I signed up at the last minute.

Just got a pair of White's oxfords. No customization other than they did double stitching instead of the stock single. They did advise me on sizing based on a tracing of my feet.

I was surprised to find I'm an 11.5 C. I knew about the C width but expected to be an 11. Apparently some things never stop growing...

Also participating in the dome! Wearing a pair of Red Wing 877s from 1994 I stumbled upon from a local RW collector for a great price. Figured if I was going to break them in around this time anyways might as well take a shot at winning a cool prize too

FWIW I also recently got sized for a pair White's by Kyle at Bakers and was totally surprised at what he advised me. I wear a 9AAA-9.5B depending on the maker, and he sized me at a 9.5C. Also a bit larger bigger than I expected, but I assume that is just how their lasts run. Haven't gotten the boots yet but hopefully if their advice worked out for you I should be alright too lol 

Edited by Fooleo