Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

Anyone got good boot inspo for moc toes with a heel and lug sole....

need to resole my whites moc toe soon and don’t want wedge soles again 

34 minutes ago, shredwin_206 said:

Flame Panda, although really those seem more like a moc toe / Indy hybrid

1 hour ago, shredwin_206 said:

Dr Soles makes some great soles.

16 hours ago, shredwin_206 said:

some lug moc-toe resoles here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrKgOz0gMmv/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4mMKa8Bk74/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqhCvr2g-b9/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Boiyyy9hdBb/

and same cobbler (Duke's favourite btw, yee ol' felix) using a dr sole as per @mlwdp's recommendation

https://www.instagram.com/p/BruhEhPg7RH/

19 hours ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

hey! looking over the trickers site I was thinking that seems to be something that distinguishes the 'country' brogues from the 'town' brogues... [as my pair def. feel more city in terms of toe shape and general balance]

yet none of the 'town' brogues have storm welts... curious...

have noticed those too which made me think do they just brogue the toe caps the same for every brogue town or country and when they have storm welts theyd get covered up in the bottom

3 hours ago, oomslokop said:

have noticed those too which made me think do they just brogue the toe caps the same for every brogue town or country and when they have storm welts theyd get covered up in the bottom

interesting: with a quick look over cheaney, church's, and crockett & jones not seeing any with toe brogue holes so low: curious... 

also does seem like their town and country get quite different patterns as well:

town:

image.png.2a0a1bb9b8bef7e728cfdb2ce8af3d31.png

image.png.8e0efbb61bb6b1372c55d8db869938fe.png

Bartles shiny-toed shoes just reminded me of @Crat for the moment... remember that dude? with his insane mirror finished Crockett & Jones (before your time i think Bartles)

Trickers are not my style but my sis-inlaw wears their Acorn Tan Brogue Boots, i always admire them, they're so well balanced, whether it's in her size 5 or a size 12

Edited by Double 0 Soul
weather/whether ...potato/potato

Got my very 1st English boots 10yrs ago ... Tricker’s Malton in C-Shade Gorse.

I’ve always gravitated to a more casual wear & accoutrements, since there was rarely ever any need to dress up in my entire life ... getting married was one.

I remember getting stoked just looking through  the boots display window @JermynStreet.  I was chancing on a proper Stow pair in Acorn,  but discovered that I needed to size up half on the length to get to the width that I wanted.  Enter the Malton ... Goodyear commando soles in combo with the brogues ... wanted the Acorn, but Gorse will do ... SOLD!

I thought they were like the “mullet” of bootsdom :laugh2::ph34r:

edit: Btw, been re-heeled twice, but the commando soles are still original ... actually, I find Commandos more flexy/comfy & durable than Dainites.

91077741-349F-4623-9E6F-F5518A2A0318.thumb.jpeg.2445735a2ef695fa09555fe676064725.jpeg
887DDC05-092E-4DD4-813E-A28BFBF89008.thumb.jpeg.bbb898d550bb7fd0ae1340355aaed3fc.jpeg

D71E7273-077F-401E-8618-1480AA63EE22.thumb.jpeg.62c7ecad0773ba2ec8254ab2d1e76ea1.jpeg

0F8DC974-1BB5-4F17-91D9-6AE72DFDE9A5.thumb.jpeg.c38419a9a88ff62b16d56e829a0fd864.jpeg6218A845-072D-44C3-A3A9-3E309717C866.thumb.jpeg.894d3427ac94524ad159658953b0bc44.jpegCADEA93F-76E9-457F-98B4-4E0DBE5D6026.thumb.jpeg.2eea31dba2bde38a4325059275157cee.jpeg

Edited by BrownMetallic

30 minutes ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Bartles shiny-toed shoes just reminded me of @Crat for the moment... remember that dude? with his insane mirror finished Crockett & Jones (before your time i think Bartles)

Know that shiner very well; pretty impressive work he put in: with some extravagant fishing action shots if I remember?

... this thread is a venerable long-un , a huge source of info and one I have taken the time to chew through from beginning to end... interesting how the thread started pretty equally balanced between US and UK hand made shoes/boots [with the odd hate thrown at 'bulbous' US shapes] to then becoming almost exclusively US styles with a balance of US and JP made...

2 hours ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

nice to see the brogue collections representing!

on a different tack: when looking around on Yuketen vs. Russell Moccasin angle - stumbled on crashtestbrummie's instagram: that is some Yuketen collection getting built there... 

Ben is a true Yuks ambassador! 

On 4/7/2021 at 5:54 PM, mlwdp said:

Do you recommend this for Horsehide?

People have different ideas about leather care, but I have always found saddle soap, used once or twice a year as needed, to work on all smooth leathers. 

Enjoying all these brogues. Here are my Sunday best. Church’s Chetwynd bought yonks ago (before prices went crazy). 

421F17A4-53DE-4E66-A6FB-84087BA2930A.thumb.jpeg.a40b1d9c98a3ad50969f96375addb9fc.jpeg
D36A932D-833C-4DEE-A3DE-4F39F8D266FF.thumb.jpeg.f0467baaed2cc2cbcafe02c07f45d923.jpeg

Edit: recalling that these with the nice inky blue LVC ‘67 505s were my go-to for ages. 

Edited by unders
Memories

Chiming in... needed a trip to the attic to find these; noticeable absence of shoe trees - must get some more

Loake tan brogue boot, often worn with pre-quake Ande Whalls

Alfred Sargent longwing brogues, used as a working shoe

Still plenty of life in these old dogs yet

20210411 Brogues.jpg

On 4/11/2021 at 1:42 PM, MJF9 said:

Chiming in... needed a trip to the attic to find these; noticeable absence of shoe trees - must get some more

Loake tan brogue boot, often worn with pre-quake Ande Whalls

Alfred Sargent longwing brogues, used as a working shoe

Still plenty of life in these old dogs yet

20210411 Brogues.jpg

very nice... keep 'em coming people

the only thing I shoe tree are my trickers...