Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

I’m not 100% this is a right post for this thread but anyways - I’m looking for sizing advice for Cheaney shoes. Specifically this model - https://www.cheaney.co.uk/cheaney-arthur-iii-oxford-brogue-in-dark-leaf-calf-leather-leather-sole-p5

I know they’re totally different to red wings but would love to hear some size comparison to RW if you have them, or to a brannock device. Or really any input regarding their sizing. They recommend going with your normal shoe size, but I don’t have a normal shoe size, every brand is different haha. 

shared this as DM but to share with all re: direct Redwing / Cheaney measurement...

11E US Pecos (with cork nitrate sole) measured length (including sole) = c.31.5cm and width (including sole) = c.11cm

10.5F UK Cheaney Fiennes (12508 last with commando sole) measured length (including sole) = c.32cm and width (including sole) = c.12cm

so the 10.5 Cheaney bigger lengthways by 0.5 cm and widthways by full 1cm (but the width I would say is very much the last; a very full munson-esque shape compared to the Pecos slender toe)

the brogue @Hopethisoneisnttaken links to looks like it would be quite a slender model... the measurements I give would chime more accurately with such chunky affairs [same sole and last as the Fiennes]: 

https://www.cheaney.co.uk/cheaney-avon-c-wingcap-derby-brogue-in-almond-grain-leather-p70

and don't forget:

https://www.trickers.com/uk/bourton-acorn-heavy-brogue-shoe

and to add some Yorkshire-isms; the Ilkley...

https://www.trickers.com/uk/mens/country-shoes/ilkley-brown-zug-grain-shoe-commando

Aye it can cold and dark on that there Ilkley Moor baht’at

Rare pics below of sunshine and of decent into Ilkley for those not familiar

As in the American Werewolf in London, it’s important to stick to the road 

B1AAB4B1-0FE4-4128-83EC-629FADB711F9.jpeg

C5C58082-6E11-4E14-8B2D-5FCC300A6F78.jpeg

Edited by MJF9

SX8V1II.jpgh42rOmr.jpgWhites Perry Moc Toe   
Another week of work abuse
Gave em a wash and conditioning today   
One of my fav details is how the toe box is slowly softening/collapsing down a bit. 
One reason I never liked red wing is that bulbous clown toe 

9 hours ago, MJF9 said:

New in - Alden x Brogue Bronco Blutchers

A pair of cordovan Alden have been on the list for years now – and I'm really pleased with these - perfect for Zoom calls 

Surprisingly comfortable from the get-go so hopefully no break-in challenges

Big thanks to our man Broark for the help as Brogue don’t ship Alden direct to the UK

379x Military Last

Horween Black Shell Cordovan

270 Degree Flat Welt

Commando Sole

20210327 Alden 1.jpg

20210327 Alden 2.JPG

Beautiful! Spectacular! Bravo. 

Debating on sending my Wesco Horsehide Boss back to Wesco to be rebuilt as a E width with triple stitching once my new pair comes in.  No rush but I think a E width would have helped the break in awhile back as I currently take them off with my toes to heel like a boot jack.

I posted some time ago pics of my RDT coupen boots where the stitching was coming apart. I finally sent them off to have rivets put on to hold them together. The rivets turned out to be a little bigger and a little more shiny than I anticipated, but seems like functionally they will be great. Fred’s shoe repair in Peoria Illinois did the job for $30, which seemed more than reasonable to me given what custom shoe work has come to these days. And they were very professional and quick about the whole thing. So I do recommend them if you need work done in the US.

I am open to any advice on how to dull down the shininess of the rivets a bit...

981741D5-7499-41B3-B094-0DC01B24009E.jpeg

FC24C915-807F-4D78-9121-FC4AA98597D6.jpeg

3B8BE99C-D01F-4B3B-965E-2D3D5E0B27ED.jpeg

4 minutes ago, tod said:

I’m going to say that’s an April Fool’s day post..

"I wish I was little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a girl who looked good
I would call her
I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala"