Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

Here are a few photos of these truman boots I got around four years ago. They're waxed flesh, I think from horween, and i've never treated the leather to my knowledge. Does anyone with more knowledge about this sort of leather feel like I should? I'm curious about other peoples' experiences with waxed flesh in general. I know it was kind of a trendy thing back in the day and that's largely what motivated this purchase but I don't feel like I have seen many photos of this sort of leather as it ages.

javawax.thumb.jpg.4f6afc86587cf5f973bad4acdc3576dd.jpgjavawax-3.thumb.jpg.e25328160af76a892d22ea9a15b4dfb7.jpgjavawax-2.thumb.jpg.cd5d6466acf0e3aeec4a67c6d66ee40a.jpg

As an aside, strongly considering buying a pair of Lone Wolf boots this week, deciding between the Farmers, Carpenters and Mechanics - I'll update with some photos when they come in!

Not really in keeping with the styles on here but...

I bought these Visvim Laramie Folk 5+ years ago for a summer break that never happened... worn only a few times... and they have lived in their shoe bag, in the box ever since

Seems a waste... if you're interested, DM me 

20201115 Visvim 0.jpg

20201115 Visvim 1.jpg

^^^^ & ^ Russell Mocs and Wesco: Ed lives!

1 hour ago, Signet said:

we are working with wesco to release  vegetable tanned leather in 6-7oz weight  next year ! samples will come in around feb 2021 well announce soon!

intriguing...  jobmasters with Vibram 700? or something dr sole-ish? not their chukka's pls!

2 minutes ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

^^^^ & ^ Russell Mocs and Wesco: Ed lives!

intriguing...  jobmasters with Vibram 700? or something dr sole-ish? not their chukka's pls!

definitely not the chukka ! but yes  pull on's, Jobmasters and maybe the laceup boots!

9 hours ago, fre-co said:

What about the v-tip, black shell, modified last aldens?

ohh sorry we still cant do the modified last its only for  lakota house in japan and 2-3 stores in the united states..

but from intelligence report there is a store in italy that sells the modified last too just recently... 

the rule for you to sell a modified last alden is that you should  be a orthotic  footwear store.

but when you look at lakota house theyre never and orthotic  company...

I don’t think it’s ever been any secret that Lofgren holds weirdly strong views against Chinese sourcing & manufacturing

or

It’s true that his past comments have probably gone beyond what’s justified, but I hardly think it’s fair to conflate a distrust of Chinese & Indonesian manufacturing in general with any sort of hard feelings towards the cultures or the people—there’s an undeniable history of low quality, mass-produced goods coming from these countries, and we can’t all go around proudly touting our MiJ & MiUSA goods without recognizing that that designation comes with the implication that MiC goods are, on average, expected to be worse

I don’t really see where Lofgren’s coming from here, or why he bothers with that whole schtick, but the person responding also kinda just seems like they’re getting offended for the sake of getting offended, which annoys the hell out of me

(I say this all as someone who currently has a pair of boots on order from China for which I’m extremely excited, and which I expect to be right on par with my Lofgrens in terms of both construction & materials)

Edited by julian-wolf

57 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

(I say this all as someone who currently has a pair of boots on order from China for which I’m extremely excited, and which I expect to be right on par with my Lofgrens in terms of both construction & materials)

Flame Panda? He’s been putting out some nice looking boots.