Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

18 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

@oomslokop has some great pics of these worn I think

coupen brogue 02.jpg

coupen brogue 03.jpg

vLCRM7fl.jpg

1xBsfkZl.jpg

pretty cool oxidation on the copper eyelets, probably from not having been worn since the start of the pandemic lockdown (for me) in march during which i've worn shoes to go out a total of three times XD

N668jdgl.jpg

one thing tho, there's quite a reduction in length when u go down half a size. mine is an 8.5, the girth of the 8 probably is better, more comfortably snug for me, but the length is too short, was very noticeable when i tried em on. so i opted for the 8.5 and wear them with blundstone insoles, which are not that thick and solve the tiny bit too girthy feeling. 

Same as @volvo240thebest. Important to note that Paraboot shoes can be listed in EU, UK, or US sizes, which makes things tricky. For example, both a 43.5 EU and 44 EU correspond to a 10.5 US on Paraboot's size guide: https://www.paraboot.com/en/size-guide. I ended up ordering both EU sizes that corresponded to my US size and returning the slightly larger pair.

2 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

@shredwin_206 looking good mate... will be interesting to see how long they last at this rate

They’re great boots but the horween cxl is very soft. 
probably not the best leather for a work boot. 

Looks like Attractions is now offering their Lot. 444 engineer boot in size 12! I've always had my mind set on a pair but they only went up to size 11 in the past.
Went over to their website to see if I could email them about ordering in a size 12 and they actually have it listed as an option to buy now.
These have always been the ideal black horsehide engineer boot in my mind. Clinch is another option too but the price is a bit up there these days.
444_bk_nkl_m_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=15998045

1 hour ago, dudewuttheheck said:

They look like toddler shoes that someone enlarged.

This is it! Couldn't put my finger on it, but this is exactly what they remind me of. :blink:

Also, Attractions got back to me. They'll be restocking the Lot 444 in size 12 in January/February of '21.
People who own a pair, how easy/difficult are they to get on and off? I still have this issue with my Lofgren horsehide engineer boots.
But I think the issue is more with my ankle, I had reconstructive surgery on it a decade ago and my range of motion on my right ankle isn't as good as my left.

6 hours ago, Broark said:

This is it! Couldn't put my finger on it, but this is exactly what they remind me of. :blink:

Also, Attractions got back to me. They'll be restocking the Lot 444 in size 12 in January/February of '21.
People who own a pair, how easy/difficult are they to get on and off? I still have this issue with my Lofgren horsehide engineer boots.
But I think the issue is more with my ankle, I had reconstructive surgery on it a decade ago and my range of motion on my right ankle isn't as good as my left.

Yeah, that's why I think they look so atrocious. It's a shame because I really like a lot of Wesco's boots. 

For me, they are probably the easiest engineers for me to get on and off. Unlike you, I find my Lofgrens pretty easy to get on and off, but mine are CXL, not the horsehide that you have. The Attractions are even easier for me personally. People have described them as "leaning forward" and I will admit they do feel like that a bit, but it doesn't bother me. 

I've worn Blunnies as my main boot for years, went through a couple pairs in the 00's.

A few days ago I wanted to wear them again, dug them out of the closet and...the rubber sole disintegrated.

they were stored in the basement where I keep the shoes I don't rotate everyday. I understand that colder temperatures and higher humidity may have ruined them a bit this happened only to Blundstones, all other soles are sound.

2 hours ago, persco_ said:

To me those don't look much different than Blundstones.

Blundstone have a molded rubber sole, and can't be resoled. These have some sort of a welted sole, and look to be much higher quality. While I'm not generally a fan of the Paraboot shoe trend around here recently, their quality is top notch and bomber. 

They look closer to DM Chelsea boots than Blundstones but then again, any rubber soled Chelsea boots aren’t going to look that dissimilar in a photo. I’ve worn both Blunnies and Paraboots and the quality of the Paraboots will be much higher.