Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

4 hours ago, smoothsailor said:

Thanks duke and MJF9

Picture is taken in my little urban patio.

the size of a stamp. We managed to put a cool table there, it’s from a Dutch designer Piet Hein eek he makes cool stuff.

but it’s about the boots, the boots can go

I’ve got some of his wallpaper designs in our kitchen and a bedroom - they’re really cool as you say 

11 hours ago, smoothsailor said:

Selling my trio, 200 euro each, 500 for the trio. Plus shipping from Holland All us 11.

In the left, lofgrens resoled by brass, middle ,attractions resoled by brass, on the right , natural Latigo by brass/clinch

More info/ pictures on request

thanks

DF9F7B14-9110-4C55-834A-0D1093C6666D.jpeg

39E78AD9-BD58-4A3A-ACC0-5EC79BB382A9.jpeg

3C3DA8AF-DEB3-4429-8A4F-BD3D97B39ACF.jpeg

03D1434E-6329-4E95-83A6-43D0C394188A.jpeg

Are the Clinch boots Clinch size 12 or 11.5? If they're Clinch 11.5 I'll take those.

On 9/15/2020 at 2:06 PM, propellerbeanie said:

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, the only ones I'm interested in are built on the Odeon last, and I'm not sure what the differences are...

Did a little research and it seems to be their standard last. Experience wise, if you're a brannock us 8, go for a us 7,5 in heschung, translated to a uk 6,5 i think.

1 hour ago, smoothsailor said:

i,m talking with someone already who wants the trio.

not surprised! it is a power trio, with a lot of wear, but lots still to put in...

more pix for posterity before they go?

the leather on the attractions looks incredible, and i would be a sucker for those latigo clinch...

On 10/2/2020 at 5:37 PM, tod said:

I love my RDTs, but I have to admit some disappointment in how the stitching on the vamps began to come loose pretty quickly.  They have held together, and I don't wear them all that often, but still an unexpected breakdown.

On 10/2/2020 at 6:36 PM, Broark said:

@tod that's disappointing, I'd be interested to see some photos.

The red thread represents my attempt to do some DIY reinforcement, which I failed at..

A98D7343-25A8-43BB-A9C1-BBA202163680.jpeg

F0C9928C-C530-419F-9331-87A92B7F8DEE.jpeg

Black horsehide Coupens arrived from Rolling Dub Trio and I'm really happy with them. They're a bit lighter than I expected which is nice, so they can see year round wear.
Love the toe shape and profile, these really are a mid-cut workboot like RDT calls it rather than an oxford / derby / whatever you call it.
My only initial complaint is how damn loud and squeaky the leather is. I'm sure they'll subside with wear, I experience the same thing with my shell cordovan Alden shoes.
There's one minor defect on the right left shoe in the welting, but I'm not super picky as once they're beat up you won't even notice it I don't think.
Also these shoes were SO well packaged. I should've taken more photos of the packaging and presentation, but they felt really special to open up.
Can someone educate me on the screwed on toe-guard thing and what it does?
5UYwmb3.jpg
ksjmaAH.jpg
csHTtgV.jpg
UsbZon4.jpg
DNYXgbH.jpg
Q65Kebl.jpg
QgbDIFZ.jpg
fhQP5nd.jpg
seyptJ5.jpg
tTLfCdM.jpg
dppnRJZ.jpg
nyU7ATb.jpg
hXbhsfw.jpg
5tvhFuV.jpg
tRaLcLT.jpg
Small welting defect:
q1bx9Cm.jpg
The other shoe for comparison:
Jvy8tbQ.jpg
4YciUqa.jpg
3oc9440.jpg
P5el7ph.jpg

^^ VERY nice. The toe guard is there to prevent the sole at the toe from wearing down too quickly. Not commonly put on rubber nitrile soles like these. Usually used to protect leather soles. I had them on a pair of Carminas. They bother me with all the clicking as I walk and I found they actually can cause a bit of slip sometimes. So I sent them to Dr. Sole for a resole once the leather soles had worn down. Goodbye toe guards.

4 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

Segs

P1040896.jpg

Hah, this is funny. I wore my Coupens today and realized that the metal plates have disintegrated like crazy. Not much wear on them either. Oh well, good to know they can be replaced if I feel like it.

Otherwise, great looking Coupens @Broark, it'll be interesting to see how they develop. Glad you found them in your size as well.