Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

5 minutes ago, shredwin_206 said:

@Duke Mantee curious how those RMC N1 compare to the Lofgren M43? 

The JL have more structure and are a lot more refined in their presentation. The N1 are soft as butter but look a lot more like a military boot. They’re different boots for different reasons and tougher to compare than you’d first think. However the JL fit me better so that’s why the N1 are for sale

Received my crowdfunded Rancourt Ranger moccs in natural CXL, nice shoes for $150 and going to a good cause in keeping the factory up and running.
A little hesitant at first in sizing, 11.5 feels snug but CXL stretches like crazy so they should be fine.
tWR00UU.jpg
MpWj1B0.jpg
u9C6Al0.jpg
FurVsx5.jpg
pFQEBad.jpg

6 hours ago, Broark said:

Received my crowdfunded Rancourt Ranger moccs in natural CXL, nice shoes for $150 and going to a good cause in keeping the factory up and running.
A little hesitant at first in sizing, 11.5 feels snug but CXL stretches like crazy so they should be fine.

pFQEBad.jpg

They look great. The natural CXL will age so nicely...

SHAMELESS PLUG

I will put for sale these Whites Semidress.
specs:
Custom Semi Dress by White's Boots
Last Standard, Size - Length 9.5, Hardware All Antique Eyes, Edge Natural, Upper (Shaft) Leather Brown Dress, Midsole Single, Pull Loops No Thanks, Leather Liner Tan, Sole Trim Standard Trim, Toe Vamp Leather Brown Dress, Size - Width E, Toe Cap No Thanks, Celastic Toe Box Single Celastic Toe, Heel Base Standard
The soles are Dr sole composite. The heels are Dr Sole black rubber.
These were resoled by Ger Wijsman in Nederlands a couple years ago and still have loads of mileage before the next resole.

Thought to post over here before they go on Ebay. Would def prefer to send to a friendly face.

_DSC6025.thumb.jpg.37280789c5d0743736f3aeb0ca5237a3.jpg_DSC6026.thumb.jpg.5fe287474f45bc4ec98c24f9e5747dfb.jpg_DSC6027.thumb.jpg.fb22ef441310bad3fa13f8eaea882b28.jpg_DSC6028.thumb.jpg.90e94b8f73509d8f2dcb316f38f2eb4e.jpg_DSC6029.thumb.jpg.49bd7610f95f8b03d96f437053e0b6eb.jpg

1X3hN8j.jpg

nice to see whites finally release a moc toe. 
red wings always ruby feet weird and give me terrible hot spots. 
these might get me into a pair of moc toes. 
I talked to them and they’re working on an 8” version and more leather options. 
really great price point at $270

Anyone have experience with the Buzz service shoes? Been thinking about the William Gibson edition, in particular: https://item.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/br02146

Thoughts on construction? Sizing?

edit: Those White's moc toes are really appealing too…if they'd come out a year earlier, I'd've probably gone for them over the Lofgrens, but they're def. on the table for the (somewhat distant, at this point) future

Edited by julian-wolf

@Ar_thor @Thanks_M8 

Here are some before and after pics, roughly 12 months apart

Before are from August 2019.  After taken just now. 

The olive CXL on the combats was new when I got them... mine have had only a little wear... so I'm sure there will be more well worn examples out there in cyberspace

The colour is now less green and I think has more depth... and still strangely attractive methinks 

201908 Lofgren 1.jpg

202009 Lofgren 1.jpg

IMG.jpg

IMG_8425 new.jpg

25 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

It’s like a spot the difference competition!

I knew you'd like that... give you something to do this weekend... here's a starter for ten - different width cuffs; different jeans; top speed hook not laced; different Pantone Matching System unique identifiers.....

We'll know if there's been deeply reflective change if a certain someone likes my Lofgren post :P