Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

5 hours ago, Geeman said:

I boxed and did traditional karate, Wado Ryu, as a kid before teenage interests took over. Later in life I did Muay Thai for 10 plus years before moving to MMA. Gave up around 8 years ago, injuries and old age caught up and the young guys were kicking my ass to often! 

@Duodequinquagesimus no one has asked you to reveal anything personal or any personally identifiable information. ..... you posted a pic that alluded to doing a martial art and made comments about only wearing sneakers for sports/clowns which prompted obvious, genuine questions about which sports you do. Your sanctimonious responses belie the sense of humility that most martial artists are taught.  

You have joined a forum to engage with people and discuss denim etc  99% of your  posts have actually been about clothing/shoes that's not denim related and you are now being hostile whilst engaged in discussion?  

Step back and take a breath mate and remember why you joined SuFu?

Someone asked me to reveal more details not only once but a few times which I ignored at first. 
So you are WRONG. Then asked me to post at least the shows I used. Then more details and wasn’t satisfied. I tried to keep it in a funny way and some people felt insulted or insecure. If you are hyper sensitive very thin skin is not my problem. This is an internet forum and you are ONLY Aa bunch of letters n my screen. 

then you started whining I wasn’t giving more data.

I just post shoes and people make comments.

You should have read my post before writing this so you wouldn’t be saying things that are just in your subconscious. I call it insecurity, kid. 

I said I think wearing clown sport shoes (colourly flashy big etc) when you are not performing is something i would never do. Yes, when I run I obviously use running shoes. And if I sky I use sky boots. 

So now you set the rules of which shoes are denim related and which aren’t lol

Humility? Coming from you? someone that doesn’t respect traditional dojos? Read your first post again and tell me. I respect Mr Miyagi and Kung Fu Panda (i know this wasn’t you) and ANYONE that makes an effort in what they do, black belts or white belts or even weekend amateurs like you. I respect 28 handicap golfers and will never disrespect anyone unless they try to tease in a bad way like you did. In competitive sports and MMAA you always find someone better that kicks your ass and lifting of being KO is just normal. You know that well so no discussion there.

But stop whining and contradicting yourself and next time build a good argument with facts at least and I’ll be more that happy to engage in a fruitful discussion. 

why I joined Sufu? Jeans. Why did you join Sufu? I don’t care.

you are the one that started saying I was bullshitting. Not in a funny way as others. If I hit a nerve there I’m not sorry at all. 

someone asked about what sports MMAA you did and you gave details. See? You should have said you should only comment on jeans, right?

Edited by Duodequinquagesimus

5 hours ago, aho said:

@Geeman might be good to take up BJJ, as an aside. (Skill and experience will oft overcome youth/vigor there)

That was my main drive in moving to MMA, learning to use technical holds and weight to counter my increasing slowness! Trained no gi for quite a while.

1 hour ago, Duodequinquagesimus said:

I tried to leave it amicably and give you an out but then you replied with your ludicrous tirade that I quoted to rip apart. But you know what, I can't be bothered. I came here denim related chat and general good mannered chat with like minded people (or abuse from 00) so I'll just leave your response for people to judge for themselves. 

Couldn't resist saying though...sneakers are clown shoes but your shoes aren't....?

I'm done. 

4 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

He's the Brummie shithead who makes tricks with bricks!

Please don't reveal my true identify  Neal, shit I mean Double 00..

amicably? 

you said BS. I was BS.

what??

" Couldn't resist saying though...sneakers are clown shoes but your shoes aren't....?¨"

I WROTE that those were MY CLOWN shoes..........i said MY CLOWN SHOES. 

once again, read and THINK before you post lies

Yeesh...when someone says they're a former professional athlete you can probably expect people to ask questions.
Anyways, I got an email yesterday from S&S saying they had received their Clinch pre-orders early. Then I thought...did I pre-order a pair?!
Turns out it was just a mailing system glitch. I knew it was too good to be true. :(

people ask questions and no problem with that but people should know that i dont have the obligation answering as they wish. I said I was a pro athlete and the field, thats enough, I did not say I was an astronaut. GEEMAN should have asked in a polite way if he was interested.

Its so funny that people with no clue about MMAA or fighting have  bad opinon about ninja or traditional dojos Kung Fu panda etc. They should ask Benny or any other champion or expert in security where they come from or where they STILL train. 

OR you guys that live in london can go visit victor kan and tell him he is bullshit. I dont know if hes still in Lambeth rd....

1 hour ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Moving on... anyone have any nice shoes to post, preferably ones that are looking better with age? :ph34r2:

Happy to oblige. 

Nothing too fancy. Red Wings:

2C6A5DDD-2080-486D-89D6-C85C38D3FCD5.thumb.jpeg.1a9d07c31b820e38b071fdb5dd8e16b3.jpeg

74BA047A-6206-40AE-B182-FCE332323B02.thumb.jpeg.beb5bb6eeb4186f0a9f4b3310c8028b0.jpeg

I wore them at a very muddy festival last summer and the heels came away (see next pic). Finally getting them repaired in the next couple of weeks  

0B397537-2698-4166-B826-5A6AC7A4B965.thumb.jpeg.86198fe87891f1e03f2a5a597cf6ca60.jpeg

I did karate when I was a nipper. Green belt iirc. And then they put me up against a black belt who kicked my arse! Never went back - a certified quitter. :D

looking good @unders

fwiw I guess we should be thankful this hasn't escalated further... last time I asked a navy seal about their shoes I got this reply:

What the welt did you just welting say about my shoes, you little sufu-memblet? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the shoe construction, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on [other denim forums], and I have over 300 confirmed likes. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top shiner in the sartorial forum footwear forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will condition your uppers with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my lacing words. You think you can get away with asking questions over the Internet? Think again, memblet. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the extreme krumping footwear universe and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes clean the pathetic little thing you call your shoe collection. You're so weekend, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can wear shoes over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare feet. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed slip-ons, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Shoes Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable chukkas off the face of the continent, you little quasi-enthusiast-wipe. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your veldtschoen's tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will wear footwear all over you and you will drown in it. You're welcome, kiddo.

@bartlebyyphonics oh i forgot about you and you try again haha...as your second intent of escalating i have to reply with some delay but hopefully you get what you want.

little timid hmmmm.....hello there

sorrry for the short reply

i insulted him and that wasnt cool

1 minute ago, DoitsuJin said:

and now it seems you're busy picking whatever fight you can find

He is a professional martial artist of some sort after all, he can't help himself. :ph34r:

ok lads, we`re having a laugh and i need to step back??? if this a fun forum where grown men post selfies and others make commets as "lovely fades" or not? i mean, thats more fun that watching milenians post selfies and other hitting the like button....oh wait...yes, its more fun. Grown men with lots of good green points good rep and happy haha

this little world is fascinating. 

anyway, i see that you need a recap

shitty shoes ----- kung fu panda

what is it what you dont understand?

because you keep wanting for more but say the opposite, just what women do haha...

12 minutes ago, DoitsuJin said:

why do you even post here? your interests don't seem to align with superdenim and now it seems you're busy picking whatever fight you can find

really? just tink a little bit....

theyr feeding the troll because theyr bored and i understand with this lockdown shite but a few f them are just feeling too inseure 

15 hours ago, Duodequinquagesimus said:

Joking is great but privacy too. 

if I recall the internet is serious business ...

6 minutes ago, mondo said:

... nobody puts bartles in the corner around these parts... 

I'm ok, I'm ok ... [coughs, spits blood, passes out, spaghetti pouring from pockets ... dreaming of shoes getting better with age  ...  .... ... avenge me guiz ...]

1 minute ago, Maynard Friedman said:

No-one is insecure or nervous here, it’s a thread about shoes - shoes that look better with age, not rage. Lets just move on.

you know some got insecure...

now move on? YOU lead this thread instead of talking. Post some shoes yourself or are you indirectly asking me to post more of my shoes?

6 minutes ago, Duodequinquagesimus said:

you know some got insecure...

now move on? YOU lead this thread instead of talking. Post some shoes yourself or are you indirectly asking me to post more of my shoes?

Go for it , we all need a laugh 

Edited by Flash