Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

On 7/7/2020 at 10:08 PM, Duodequinquagesimus said:

In 39 years of practise I did quiet a few MMAA but never TKD. 
Sorry I cannot name the one most important as it is very low profile and acting like a clown in here wouldn’t be good for the reputation of the art 

You won't nane your martial art for fear of dishonour??

15 hours ago, Broark said:

Yeah I think I'm with you there @Coolguyzack, I've talked myself out of a pair for the time being.
Maybe when I'm 10 years older. :D

Not encouraging you to get a pair ASAP, but with your swagger and where you live you could pull of a pair B)

I think the biggest factor that swayed me away from them is the leather sole. I’m not a huge fan of leather soles as they always seem to make that awful crunching noise whenever you walk through any environment that’s not perfectly clean.

Can you get an overlay glued on by a local cobbler. I prefer a leather outsole construction, and always get an overlay put on. I don't like walking on leather soles either, for the same reason. A leather sole with an overlay has great longevity as it's easier to change as needed with no impact on the construction. 

2 hours ago, Geeman said:

You won't nane your martial art for fear of dishonour??

We never mention the art and who we do train or work for. Confidentiality Agreement in full force. And even if not stipulated in the contract I wouldn’t even dare to say a word publicly. Whoever tells you what they do or who they train or work for is bullshitting unless talking about sports or amateurs. 

Edited by Duodequinquagesimus
Grammar

1 hour ago, Broark said:

I think the biggest factor that swayed me away from them is the leather sole. I’m not a huge fan of leather soles as they always seem to make that awful crunching noise whenever you walk through any environment that’s not perfectly clean.

You could talk to a Brian the Bootmaker about making you a loafer.  Gentry did post some updated pics of his on his IG story.  Send him a dm  to see them again.  I think they were in Horsehide CXL.

2 hours ago, SLAB said:

about to drop my deposit for a pair of Role Club Underdogs.

was wondering if any of you have experience with his black CXL horsehide or the hand dyed cxl horsehide?

Mine are the black cxl horsehide. The leather is supple from the start but sturdy enough to resist scratches. I am around dogs all of the time and they have yet to have any effect on the leather in 9 months. 

1 hour ago, mlwdp said:

You could talk to a Brian the Bootmaker about making you a loafer.  Gentry did post some updated pics of his on his IG story.  Send him a dm  to see them again.  I think they were in Horsehide CXL.

Yeah I'm not that sold on them, I was looking at the Rancourt ones because they were a good deal with their crowdfunding campaign.
Not looking to drop a grand and wait for two years for some loafers right now. 

17 minutes ago, Broark said:

Yeah I'm not that sold on them, I was looking at the Rancourt ones because they were a good deal with their crowdfunding campaign.
Not looking to drop a grand and wait for two years for some loafers right now. 

*W. H. Ranch has entered the chat

2 hours ago, Duodequinquagesimus said:

We never mention the art and who we do train or work for. Confidentiality Agreement in full force. And even if not stipulated in the contract I wouldn’t even dare to say a word publicly. Whoever tells you what they do or who they train or work for is bullshitting unless talking about sports or amateurs. 

Are you a ninja or perhaps a shogun? Or a licenced bodyguard?/close protection officer?

You've just said you did MMA and kickboxing but wont name your main martial art....? Interesting. ....  unless I've completely missed your point I'm thinking some mcdojo rubbish that believes their style to be deadly to be taught... 

I was actually genuinely interested as a fellow martial artist.

I've enjoyed your input to this point but now I'm thinking BS.

Tell me if I’m wrong, but I worry the naming of the art plus the association with those red boots might narrow things down a little too much to maintain anonymity... :ph34r2:

2 hours ago, Geeman said:

Are you a ninja or perhaps a shogun? Or a licenced bodyguard?/close protection officer?

You've just said you did MMA and kickboxing but wont name your main martial art....? Interesting. ....  unless I've completely missed your point I'm thinking some mcdojo rubbish that believes their style to be deadly to be taught... 

I was actually genuinely interested as a fellow martial artist.

I've enjoyed your input to this point but now I'm thinking 

good try. I said MMAA, not MMA.

if you miss the point you know little about this or you are a weekend martial artist but honestly I’m not interested whatsoever. 

dojo bullshit? That’s so 90s...

Before you get a contract you have to proof them you are capable of doing the job. People are not that stupid. Maybe some dojo weird martial bullshit “master” scammed you but I guess he did in the 90s because nowadays that’s an old joke you should know.

Edited by Duodequinquagesimus

1 hour ago, MJF9 said:

Yep must say I lost interest...

@Duodequinquagesimus you can say without actually revealing identifiable details... unless of course Gee's hit the solar plexus

Some of you post pics of your face, house, dog abs even kids. I don’t say anything about it. I don’t post pics of my face or anything besides clothes I don’t even wear. This is a fun place but you have or you should respect privacy. I don’t have Facebook twitter etc either. This should be a fun place and I don’t need to bs anyone and especially when I don’t even know you (plural). Joking is great but privacy too. 

Unfortunately my whites x 4q69 I posted the other day are headed back to them. 
the hardware spacing is all fuxked up on my left boot. they’re not lined up at all. 
couldn’t figure out why I was struggling to lace them. It’s because they’re not lined up at all. 
they’re going to re do them for free, but still surprised to see something like that make it through the QC dept. 

14 minutes ago, fre-co said:

What??? He went from posting shitty shoes to being a top secret ninja and we gotta respect his privacy... in one page? Did I miss something?

....coming from someone that doesn’t wanna say his gender.

yes, top secret and privacy are not contrarium rationibus, very good kid. Keep following me as you live in here since 2007  lol

8 hours ago, MJF9 said:

@Geeman can you tell us which mate without having to kill us?

I boxed and did traditional karate, Wado Ryu, as a kid before teenage interests took over. Later in life I did Muay Thai for 10 plus years before moving to MMA. Gave up around 8 years ago, injuries and old age caught up and the young guys were kicking my ass to often! 

@Duodequinquagesimus no one has asked you to reveal anything personal or any personally identifiable information. ..... you posted a pic that alluded to doing a martial art and made comments about only wearing sneakers for sports/clowns which prompted obvious, genuine questions about which sports you do. Your sanctimonious responses belie the sense of humility that most martial artists are taught.  

You have joined a forum to engage with people and discuss denim etc  99% of your  posts have actually been about clothing/shoes that's not denim related and you are now being hostile whilst engaged in discussion?  

Step back and take a breath mate and remember why you joined SuFu?