Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

16 hours ago, Ar_thor said:

I think the shape looks a bit shite to be honest. I'd prefer Lofgrens, RDT or something like that if that's the type of shoe you're going for.

It's pretty nice that IH can take care of custom orders now though. At times I've considered getting a pair of custom Wescos but it always felt like a bit of a hassle from overseas.

not lofgrens  for me sorry

God Ed we get it, it’s almost like you can’t keep his name out of your mouth. I’ve never seen someone so obsessed with hating another man so much. If you don’t like his boots we get it, but you don’t have to comment literally every time his name is mentioned.

3 hours ago, Broark said:

God Ed we get it, it’s almost like you can’t keep his name out of your mouth. I’ve never seen someone so obsessed with hating another man so much. If you don’t like his boots we get it, but you don’t have to comment literally every time his name is mentioned.

Or bring him up when he isn't even mentioned. 

6 hours ago, edmond said:

not lofgrens  for me sorry

6 hours ago, Broark said:

2 hours ago, dudewuttheheck said:

Or bring him up when he isn't even mentioned. 

having worn neither I can't comment about anything...

there are many moments where I could see myself choosing wesco over lofgren

... but not for chukkas ... lofgren is def. winning there ...

image.thumb.png.f8806f51446f24ffbcfded276275135c.png 

1 minute ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

I have both and I like both very much. There are definitely good reasons to buy both depending on the situation.

Those new Wesco chukkas are an abomination though :D

5 minutes ago, dudewuttheheck said:

I have both and I like both very much. There are definitely good reasons to buy both depending on the situation.

Those new Wesco chukkas are an abomination though :D

yup!

as an uninvested observer [who hasn't tried on either] my choices would be:

wesco: engineers

lofgren: m43 / service boot and those monkey boots

its a tie on donkey puncher vs. jobmaster tho...

56 minutes ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

yup!

as an uninvested observer [who hasn't tried on either] my choices would be:

wesco: engineers

lofgren: m43 / service boot and those monkey boots

its a tie on donkey puncher vs. jobmaster tho...

Yeah the jobmaster and punchers are both great... that's probably why I ended up with Onderhoud for my logger boots :P 

New to the forum. Can anyone share pics of their Lofgren insoles? I bought a pair of the 10th Asniversary m43s and after a day of wear they looked like this. The retailer agreed to exchange them, and after 4 months they arrived and the insoles look about the same.   I’ve owned boots from other makers and the leather insoles have always been firm and smooth.

Sure, here's the insole on an M43 after a year and change of wear—I think this is the first time I've ever thought to look closely at it:

2ohHMD3.jpg

and Here's the insole on a moc toe, worn maybe a half dozen times (feels like the same material):

98N8cWL.jpg

16 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

Sure, here's the insole on an M43 after a year and change of wear—I think this is the first time I've ever thought to look closely at it:

2ohHMD3.jpg

and Here's the insole on a moc toe, worn maybe a half dozen times (feels like the same material):

98N8cWL.jpg

Your pairs look very normal. I wonder if they used a different material for the anniversary boots. I haven’t worn the new pair but the first pair the lumpy and wrinkly footbed felt noticeable and was uncomfortable. 

On 6/16/2020 at 9:36 AM, Jared_Lee said:

It doesn't look to me like they've violated the warranty. They are not guaranteed to never wear out in your lifetime. If you support the brand, be sensible and support the brand.

"Our unconditional lifetime guarantee is simple and without strings or conditions. If our socks are not the most comfortable, durable and best fitting socks you have ever owned, return them for another pair."

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Someone had me believe that once they wore out you could send them back for a replacement, but I had never read the warranty.

Rancourt is offering wholesale pricing on some group funded shoes, I just went for a pair of their Ranger mocs in natural CXL for only 150 dollars.
I wear mocs a lot in the summer here, seems like a steal. Production should take 8 to 12 weeks.
https://www.rancourtandcompany.com/crowdfunding.html

16 hours ago, Broark said:

NOT THE MAN DUDE its the boots  REMEMBER THAT

9 hours ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

image.thumb.png.f8806f51446f24ffbcfded276275135c.png 

id go woth alden on chukkas dude

18 hours ago, Rob060 said:

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Someone had me believe that once they wore out you could send them back for a replacement, but I had never read the warranty.

As someone who deals in customer service and managing customer expectations, I have to thank you for your response and ability to think about the warranty sensibly. That person very well may have gotten the socks replaced under "warranty" because they wore out. That doesn't necessarily mean the damage actually fell under the warranty, just that the company did them the courtesy. I believe it was Columbia that changed their "lifetime" warranty a few years back because customers just wouldn't be sensible about what the warranty covered for the "lifetime" of the product. People abused the word lifetime to cover replacement of the product any and every time it was no longer functional in the "lifetime" despite that warranty only covering defect and manufacturer flaw for the lifetime of the product. 

Again, thank you for listening. I firmly believe in supporting the brands you like financially as it is possible and reasonable within your budget. And yes, Darn Tough socks are fucking great.

QhQb0bL.jpg

whites smokejumpers about 1.5 years I think. Gave them a cleaning and oiling today. Overdue. I’m terrible about boot care 

Edited by shredwin_206

24 minutes ago, shredwin_206 said:

QhQb0bL.jpg

whites smokejumpers about 1.5 years I think. Gave them a cleaning and oiling today. Overdue. I’m terrible about boot care 

Just imagine if you had these built with the same specs except in black Horsehide.