Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

white socks for the win IMO, with loafers, gunboats, paraboots and a lot of other different shoes too.
still have to get some good quality ones but they're definitely on the list.

3 minutes ago, mpukas said:

What is this place coming too???!!! :( 

:P

Isolation driving us crazy.

I've often considered a pair of weejuns or loafers but the what sock question has always stopped me!

Lofgren Moc Toes came in; went for a walk up the creek and took a bunch of photos of my feet to celebrate

I always feel like an asshole walking around in clean new boots, but damn they're comfortable

0vGgBhO.jpg

LXbbcWU.jpg

z3Eip6j.jpg

That’s because Moc toes are not a part of the logging industry attire minus that rare attempt from Nick’s.  If it was me personally, I would scour the Internet for those personally as the rarity of owning those would be cool to have and the resell would be nice if they didn’t fit.  I wouldn’t be surprised if White’s decided to make moc toes with the vibram soles.  

However, Thorogood gets no love on this board for their moc toes nor their roofer boots.    Their moc toes hold up nicely.

I have a pair of Red Wing mocs; they've been one of my main pairs of boots for the past 3+ years and, all things considered, they've treated me really well

When it comes down to it, though, they're not the best they could be—in particular, I think I'll prefer the leather midsole on these to the poly-whatever that RW uses, not to mention the generally-improved quality of construction and attention to detail—and I've had some bad experiences with Red Wing as a company that leave me disinclined to continue going back to them

If I get to choose between a classic and an improved version of a classic, why not go for the improved version? Isn't that what this hobby's all about? Either way, if the lighting's good later today I'll try to post some comparison photos, if for no other reason than to show how well the Red Wings have aged

@mlwdp, yeah, I have no expectation that any of those companies would delve into making standard work boots—just meant to point out that Ed's usual default comeback wouldn't work so well here

@julian-wolfThorogood is the true moc toe boot maker besides Red Wing, sort of a WI vs MN rivalry lol.  But beware, hipsters have driven the prices up on Thorogood boots.  I remember when you could get them for $120-150.  Now they’re selling for   $200 plus smh.  

F6FD8A58-8B64-4AB4-838F-8EC55E1D84BD.jpeg

3CBBA09F-A0D3-42E0-91C8-9B923E92C89D.jpeg

Edited by mlwdp

@mlwdp they look great. Actually nicer than RW. I'm not usually a fan of speedhooks but theirs look decent and not like they would shred your jeans. ..

Edited by Geeman

@volvo240thebest @julian-wolf @mlwdp I love red wings but to be honest they just don’t work with my feet. 
I’ve had iron rangers, Pecos, moc toe, engineers and they all give my terrible hot spots on the bottom of my left foot. 
wantes to love them but I couldn’t handle the foot pain all the time. 
I wear whites now and will never look back. 
I do want a pair of the Lofgren M43 tho