Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

On 5/18/2020 at 10:43 PM, dudewuttheheck said:

My Wesco or Lofgren engineers. Sometimes my Role Clubs. I mostly just wear leathers I don't care about in bad weather... so my CXL boots get worn at that time.

What’s your rationale behind that Jake?

5 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

What’s your rationale behind that Jake?

It's basically that I just don't like chromexcel very much. I think it's a pretty boring and dull leather so I don't mind putting it in harms way more. Similar with the waxed flesh. I like my Wescos, but I wish I had chosen a different leather. Plus, waxed flesh is pretty tough and looks good beaten up anyway so that's my go to boot for any rare manual labor I do.

Edited by dudewuttheheck

23 minutes ago, dudewuttheheck said:

It's basically that I just don't like chromexcel very much. I think it's a pretty boring and dull leather so I don't mind putting it in harms way more. Similar with the waxed flesh. I like my Wescos, but I wish I had chosen a different leather. Plus, waxed flesh is pretty tough and looks good beaten up anyway so that's my go to boot for any rare manual labor I do.

I see - ta!

1 hour ago, dudewuttheheck said:

I just now started wearing my Horsehide in the rain and I have a incoming Horsehide boss that will probably get the crap beat out of.  Anything I should do with my boot regarding care?  

8 minutes ago, mlwdp said:

I just now started wearing my Horsehide in the rain and I have a incoming Horsehide boss that will probably get the crap beat out of.  Anything I should do with my boot regarding care?  

My choice was not about horsehide vs. cowhide. It was about cxl. My Lofgrens are cxl cowhide and my Role Clubs are cxl horshide. I have no issue beating up either.

I clean my boots with a horsehair brush and use saphir renovator on most of my boots and I've used Smith's leather balm on my Lofgrens and liked that too. You can add something more heavy duty like Obenauf's if you think you need it, but that's probably not needed in most cases. If they get really dirty, you should clean them with some saddle soap. I've done that when necessary too.

I'm sure others on here have slightly or completely boot care routines which work as well. I've been pretty casual with my boot care, but I'm thinking of adding some polish to the routine for some of my boots.

Edited by dudewuttheheck

jake what do you think about lofgren  seriously?  compared to lets say a pair of wesco

HH  horsebutt's kinda lamer than a cowhide cxl IMO

got 3 pairs here are the specs

job's 2 tone

10 inch

burlap RO shaft

redwood RO vamp

rapter sole

boss

brown RO

rapter sole

boss

HH black

single midsole plus 1 lift

10 inch

11 hours ago, edmond said:

how many vamps??

just one - I opted for a simple boot.  ordered the French calf upgrade -- ordered in January and was to get them in April but understandably there has been a delay

right right . theyre facory never seized i think we orders a couple of dozen pairs for the store last february its was ready  by last week.

how much was the upgrade to french calf? and how much was the normal price?

13 hours ago, edmond said:

right right . theyre facory never seized i think we orders a couple of dozen pairs for the store last february its was ready  by last week.

how much was the upgrade to french calf? and how much was the normal price?

upcharge was $96 for French veal -I think base charge was around 550