Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

15 hours ago, Broark said:

Dude, how would you compare the fit/sizing to Lofgrens?

I am a 10.5 on a Brannock, took a 10 in these and a 10 in the Lofgrens. I could do a 9.5 in the Lofgrens, but definitely could not do the same in these. For the most part, I see people saying to take one down from Brannock on Lofgrens, but for these I would say only take .5 down from Brannock.

These definitely are not as wide or roomy as the Lofgrens and they feel quite different. They're certainly not Clinch CN last levels of narrow, but size 10 in these would not work if I had wider feet. They also feel like they lean forward a bit which I do not mind and are not as flat as most Japanese boots. It feels like they actually tried to give these some arch support, but that probably pales in comparison to Whites.

Edited by dudewuttheheck

@mlwdp the Keystone boots look nice but the toe turns up a bit too much for me personally. Good price though. 

And all that info in the Attractions makes it seem like they’d never work for me even if they made me a size 12. :D I wear a 12 in the Lofgren engineers that I have and the right boot is a real pain to get on still. Once it’s in they feel perfect. I’ll just enjoy the Devil’s Causeway boots for the time being, but I’d love if Lofgren did a black tea core horsehide boot one day. 

38 minutes ago, Broark said:

@mlwdp the Keystone boots look nice but the toe turns up a bit too much for me personally. Good price though. 

And all that info in the Attractions makes it seem like they’d never work for me even if they made me a size 12. :D I wear a 12 in the Lofgren engineers that I have and the right boot is a real pain to get on still. Once it’s in they feel perfect. I’ll just enjoy the Devil’s Causeway boots for the time being, but I’d love if Lofgren did a black tea core horsehide boot one day. 

Oh man if Lofgren did tea core veg tan horsehide boots I would be so happy! I'm definitely jealous of your Devil's Causeway boots. They're stunning. 

Not to be that guy, but I'm surprised Keystone decided to use that image for the lighter brown (third) boots because there's some noticeable wibbly wobbly heel counter stitching.

Their blog shows this rather unusual black/brown combo. I say "unusual" because I'm used to seeing this kind of combo when the vamp is black and shaft is brown.

2002142090-768x836.jpg

anyone have any experience with Zerrow's boots; its another Japanese boot maker with some very beautiful designs (not all though). They seem to be priced higher than Lofgren but lower than Clinch.

I'm expecting a pair of Brother Bridge Henry boots in black teacore horse leather. Really looking forward to these and curious to check the quality of the construction and leather

Zerrows boots seems to be only sold by Lahaina nowadays.  Other than Lahaina refusing to ship overseas, they have a bigger instore selection of the brand's boot lineup like their imitations of White's smoke jumpers and Wesco boss.  Zerrows does custom as well.

it might be possible to go straight to Zerrows; I got in touch through IG and they answered me in English with a price quote for a particular pair

@dudewuttheheckSeigo of Canvas posted another shot of I presume Yusuke’s attractions modified by Evilact.  I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s an anonymous member here since he randomly posted this today after the Attractions mention.

C4D80481-6817-4CEC-B5EC-04A61DBF9D55.png

Edited by mlwdp

Random question about the Brannock device.  Just who exactly would you go to in order to get measured?  I haven’t been measured on it since a kid so I’m curious where you could get a get accurate measurement from it.  

11772F6D-3811-412C-BAE5-E8B7AFA21038.png

Edited by mlwdp

Any decent store that sells shoes will have one. They're easy to use, but you do have to be careful and pay attention. Some stores have a double so you put each foot in at the same time. Your foot should be measured while standing straight, not sitting, so it's very helpful to have someone else operate the device. If you have a Redwing store near you, they'll measure your feet. Some RW stores also have their own electronic scanning device. My results closely matched between the scanner and the Brannock. 

Ed, you the man, take care buddy, stay healthy with the fam.

1 minute ago, edmond said:

Accidentally neged sorry spence im always here man  moss u tc in ny alright,

Damn, I haven't been here in so long… so here's another random pic. Sears / Chippewa Engineer Boot, about 50 years old 

MDL_sears-chipp-01.thumb.jpg.7aae91a3aa9d502c6c3d4d6c4ace28fa.jpg

Circling back on the Arpenteur x Paraboot collaboration Chambriole, really thinking about getting a pair.
Assuming I'd be a UK11 since that roughly translates to US12, at least that's how they're listed on the CHCM site.
CHCM_ARPENTEUR_PARABOOT_CAMBRIOLE_TOBACC