Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

I got my Onderhoud boots in Maryam horsebutt leather. Given how awful the Indonesian leather on my brother's Sagaras was and what I've heard from other owners, I am glad that I went with this leather instead. The leather is not teacore, but they should age pretty nicely.

FScDcbS.jpg?1

NQU5QvD.jpg?1

bkBeNs3.jpg?1

zJcn7FH.jpg?1

TWbC37L.jpg?1

4ZfYmfy.jpg?1

21 hours ago, SLAB said:

how did you size both RDT and Brother bridge compared to Viberg 2030 or red Wings?

I do not own any Red Wings, so I cannot comment on those. 

However, I am a 7.5 in Viberg 2030. 8 in a Brother Bridge. RDT recommended me to go with an 8, however, I went with a 7.5 given how wide the forefoot is on the RDT Roots. Slightly snug on the top of the foot, but definitely ok length and width wise. 

Awesome Onderhoud boots^. Construction looks good!

3 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

I really like Sanders’ chukkas - what’s the Japan angle?

Made in England for the japanese market, slightly rounder toe box, closer reproduction of the originals fro  60/70's.

2 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

I’ve always liked those @Geeman, did you buy your usual size?

8 on a brannock,  7 or 7.5 in redwing.  7.5 in these is spot on but there was little difference between these and the 8.

Been after them for ages, look great with jeans, cords, chinos

On 3/19/2020 at 5:26 PM, Duke Mantee said:

@tod - haven’t got ‘round to posting them (or the Pecos, RMC N1 and RDT Conquers)  up in classifieds but they’re ready to go any time on the asking. These are a size 8.5

Dang, too small for me. I remember when they first offered these, right at the launch of the new website. Wish I had got them then.  GLWS.

33 minutes ago, Broark said:

Always loved Attractions boots, just wish they made a size 12. :( Nice looking all black engineers. 

Thanks! It's a huge shame that a lot of Japanese makers do not make larger sizes. Motor/Moto make some seriously nice boots and shoes, but I actually take their largest size (9H) and I'm only a 10.5US. Lone Wolf has a similar problem from what I've seen too.

I run into the problem regularly, RDT is the other one that bums me out. I’m a 12 in Lofgren and that’s about the only Japanese maker that makes shoes and boots big enough for me. But I understand why. 

I want Attractions but for me they would have to be resoled and I'm not in the mood to pay $300 on new boot resoles at the moment.  Evilact has them with the vibram 700 sole but won't ship overseas.

95148374_o1.jpg

31 minutes ago, mlwdp said:

I want Attractions but for me they would have to be resoled and I'm not in the mood to pay $300 on new boot resoles at the moment.  Evilact has them with the vibram 700 sole but won't ship overseas.

95148374_o1.jpg

Why would you need them resoled?

1 hour ago, Broark said:

I run into the problem regularly, RDT is the other one that bums me out. I’m a 12 in Lofgren and that’s about the only Japanese maker that makes shoes and boots big enough for me. But I understand why. 

Yeah RDT is definitely another one. Honestly it's most all of the Japanese makers except the ones that do custom. Clinch goes up to a US 12 and maybe they could go higher, but I don't know. I'm sure White Kloud could do just about anything considering he offers bespoke lasts, but that requires a trip to Japan...