Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

On 3/5/2020 at 4:25 PM, dudewuttheheck said:

Well, Lofgren gives you two boots so I'm not sure how that one is better...

Your funny dude how much does he pay you to suck his ass?

On 3/5/2020 at 6:46 AM, Duke Mantee said:

Rolling Dub Trio ‘Vincent’ - rebuild courtesy of Felix Jouanneau

These look very cool. I've never seen a pair with any wear on them.  How do you like the fit and feel? I've always kinda wondered how that straight-up tight lacing area would work..

Edited by tod

@tod I’ve always liked RDT shoes/boots - but these are my favourite. I bought both black and brown versions - the brown will be going to Felix once he clears his backlog.

They are a wider fit than the Coupen and originally it was a semi-sprung leather sole which although was very comfortable, I had an idea they would suit a new look.

Hey Tod, i was reading through loads of old messages recently and there's one from you (2013) which i never replied to... asking about comparrisons between LW-Mechanics and TMC-Railmans. I bought these LW's from Vari back in 2007 and took these photo's in 2012 when i bought the Railmans

IMG_5637

I still own both of these pairs of boots, so if there's anything you want to know...give me a holla?

IMG_5637

...ive priced up a re-sole from Felix for the LW's and for what they cost, the smart money would buy me a brand new pair.

I think Lone Wolf are a bit underrated IMO given their cost in comparison to other popular (here) brands, and I can understand why a new pair instead of a rebuild might be the smart money option but hopefully you’re still using them - plenty of life in the uppers it seems

How do both boots compare size wise?

Absolutely, they're a fantastic pair of boots for the money, like the SC-47's of the boots world.
The CatsPaw slicks/soles have been unwearable for donkeys years on anything other than pavement in perfectly dry conditions, step on a wet leaf and you're taking your life in your hands.
The last time i wore them after a 5yr hiatus, i had to run back home and change my footwear because of an unbearable squeak from both feet, they feel loose underfoot like a complete sole failure, they def need a rebuild i just don't want to pay for it.

Size-wise the TMC are marked as an E but they are slightly narrower and longer than the LW's which are slightly shorter and wide, just like the profile of the toe box would have you believe.

finally found a pair of old stock british made dr. martens that come with imo much better and longer lasting commando sole in size 9.5

somehow it seems to be a rare size since most of the time you got either 9 or 10, i was suffering from to big size 10 martens back in 90s ;)

martens.jpg

martens2.jpg

martens3.jpg

??? - who's selling TMC boots now that Vintage Paradise is close? just curious... and are TMC boots as good quality as they are good looking? 

sharing not new acquisition, but couple of months old

Fraga boots - result of collaboration of Prague Denimheads shop x famous Prague shoemaker Martin Lawart

bespoken color

GPTempDownload.jpg

GPTempDownload 2.jpg

GPTempDownload 3.jpg

Edited by vIGGiou riou

5 hours ago, mpukas said:

??? - who's selling TMC boots now that Vintage Paradise is close? just curious... and are TMC boots as good quality as they are good looking? 

The Surveyors are an easy pick up, off the top of my head, Real Moon, 3&8, Earth Market, Pine Ave, Take5... just type TMA1315 into google images and all will be revealed.. alas i never particularly like the Surveyors, the heal stitch was too much for my sensibilities.

Those Ironclad Railmans of mine are long gone... they haven't been produced for years but you can still pick them up on Yahoo/Rakuten albeit in lightly worn condition, ive always fancied the cherry red, TMA1111 will help with the search.

Regarding quality, those Railmans are built like tanks! i go pretty hard on my gear and they've withstood everything ive thrown at them.

Edited by Double 0 Soul