Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

Here’s some content for you @edmond ;)

45EB294D-A629-4FB2-91EC-DA424FB9AEB3.thumb.jpeg.b66ba54f81159e57781ad8c1b4b45b14.jpeg

Lofgren combat boots at a year-ish. Leather is pretty, they’re comfortable, they’re made very well. But if you’re on the fence about buying a pair I’d say you should weigh your options a little more.

They’re great boots, promise I’m not trying to be a hater, just think they’re a tad bit hyped up. 

Edited by scooby
formatting

Are you running into any issues with your laces? I’ve had my pair since November, about to go through my second pair of laces due to the speed hooks seeming to shred them up. Probably will try to find some waxed laces this time around. 

1 minute ago, Broark said:

Are you running into any issues with your laces? I’ve had my pair since November, about to go through my second pair of laces due to the speed hooks seeming to shred them up. Probably will try to find some waxed laces this time around. 

Lol man, I almost included that in my post. The original laces are trash-tier. The ones pictured are waxed :)

I went through the first pair of laces fast, two months in? Grabbed two more pairs of laces and it was the same story. 

I won't compare the quality of laces between boots because I feel like that's a bit too nit picky, but a pair of $820 boots should at least come included with an extra pair of laces.

I'd like to see someone post about their JL boots having some type of construction failure. Hasn't happened yet... Eyelets breaking laces doesn't count, that happens with every boots vs cheap laces. 

I was asking how much the 2 tone jacket was shipped and he said if i Take it  hell give me a discount or something i didnt commit on buying it i just asked how much is it shipped to me and he said im banned from

buying shit from

his store. 

12 hours ago, mpukas said:

I'd like to see someone post about their JL boots having some type of construction failure. Hasn't happened yet... Eyelets breaking laces doesn't count, that happens with every boots vs cheap laces. 

Only seen it happen once; a guy on Fedora Lounge had a strap break on his engineers and John replaced the boots entirely. 

2 hours ago, edmond said:

I was asking how much the 2 tone jacket was shipped and he said if i Take it  hell give me a discount or something i didnt commit on buying it i just asked how much is it shipped to me and he said im banned from

buying shit from

his store. 

3 hours ago, edmond said:

Whats the specs on these? Can i see more of these and less on a those lofgrens?

10 inch

Black horsehide

MP toe

regular length straps 

Iron Heart brass roller buckles

brown stitching

white stitching 

no lining

430 half sole I supplied on my own because Wesco doesn’t offer nor does Baker’s shoes or White’s.  

They feel like slippers

45661370-3BEA-4215-83AC-9BADDD0A5D4E.jpeg

E09AEF8D-6F9A-480B-B011-0167504C7125.jpeg

Going to have my bullhide smokejumpers resoled to single sole either half sole again or 430 sole.  It’s just not fun anymore dealing with a triple sole when the only chance you get to wear them anymore is on weekends.  9-5 jobs can be a curse when it comes to wearing footwear like boots when not allowed or able to.

Alfred Sargent Dumfries after 8-9 years and a resole, replacing the worn-out triple leather with a commando sole. Also had a suede strip added inside at the back, as they were starting to wear there.

58520AD6-9B80-483D-89C2-770A2C2C92DF.jpeg

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Nice, I dig 'em. Great color leather and profile on those.

By the way, what's up with Ed's crazy dislike for John Lofgren? Is this a running gag, some personal beef, or does he really think the shoes suck? My Steadfast boots probably have the most perfect QC of any pair I've owned.

Edited by Cold Summer

2 hours ago, Cold Summer said:

By the way, what's up with Ed's crazy dislike for John Lofgren? Is this a running gag, some personal beef, or does he really think the shoes suck? 

he just answered that on previous page, see "got banned in his shop"